Download 2020

gabrielomachado

8 hours ago, Red Day said:

Werchter is decent. Well organised and they try to look after their audience.  In 17 I think it was, there was a lot of rain on the lead up. They extended the plastic covering and took loads of sand into the arena. Was pretty easy walking around despite the conditions 

There's a festival that gives a shit about it's punters.

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'm actually not a fan of it but I can see why heavy rock/metal would be, just not my scene really.

What would be more your scene then just curious?

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Hellfest line up looks like a Download line up without the headliners?

first of all, the undercard at hellfest has always been why it's been the best rock/metal festival in europe for the last 5 or more years, no matter what sub genre you like there is something there for you, Stoner, Doom, Thrash, Death, Prog, Black are all represented thoroughly which is something download lacks. Hellfest is like Download, Blood stock, Arctangent, dessert fest and a few others mixed into one package. 

The headliners this years are all big enough to headline download, Soad have multiple times, FNM have and still should their downgrade to sub last time was a bit unfair, Deftones have been big enough for years but for some reason dont get the push.

Also their are plenty of bands at download on the under card that wouldn't get a sniff at hellfest because they are shit.

Edited by Xeph1995

46 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

What would be more your scene then just curious?

Slam Dunk is the festival I mostly look out for atm. I'm waiting to see where the UK dates for Papa Roach/Hollywood Undead are although I suspect Reading have them. Maybe you could say I'm a punk pop/punk rock fan with a splash of lighter metal. Sunday Download is catering for me atm. 

15 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Lol download is actually so shit in comparison it's not even funny anymore, another solid effort from hellfest

Screenshot_20191126-193740_Samsung Internet.jpg

As good as the big names are I really like the selection of small font bands too. Moscow Death Brigade, The Inspector Cluzo and Guerilla Poubelle were loads of funs when I've seen them before. I really need to get some mates who'd be up for festivals in Europe.

9 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Slam Dunk is the festival I mostly look out for atm. I'm waiting to see where the UK dates for Papa Roach/Hollywood Undead are although I suspect Reading have them. Maybe you could say I'm a punk pop/punk rock fan with a splash of lighter metal. Sunday Download is catering for me atm. 

Hollywood Undead announced a solo show for the 14th of February in London. Only UK show apparently. 

On 11/27/2019 at 1:55 PM, gorfield said:

Always wanted to try Download but never got round to it... just had a look now and SHIT it is expensive!!

how can they justify 17 quid per ticket for a booking fee too! robbers

think it will have to be a day ticket then. :(

I bought early bird ones in June.  They were 150 plus a 10 quid booking fee.  I looked at the latest price and it's bloody expensive.  Always a gamble buying before line up announced, but for 150 I can always justify.