Sign in to follow this  
gabrielomachado

Download 2020

On 4/17/2019 at 3:28 PM, gabrielomachado said:

Don't see AC/DC doing this. If they tour next year it will be their "farewell tour" thing for sure, and they're gonna do a stadium tour or something like that. Download would be too small for them in that circumstances.

I don't think you can really call Download too small when the arena has a capacity of 110,000 (I think they have a license to extend to 120,000 if needed) - that's bigger than any stadium in the UK. Plus if it's a farewell tour they could easily do Stadium dates as well later in the year.  

Download has in the past made changes to accommodate demands - Ozzfest branding in 05, allowing AC/DC their own stage in 10, allowing big headliners no clashes, Download France adding a fourth day to accommodate Guns n' Roses. etc. So I suppose it depends how badly Copping wants to book them & if there is still enough money to be made for LiveNation once everything is considered. I would say they're unlikely but far from impossible. 

AC/DC are gigantic enough to headline Download and play stadiums in the same summer and if it meant getting them on someone sort of ‘farewell’ tour, I could see Copping and Live Nation allowing both to go ahead. The appeal of seeing AC/DC say goodbye at historic Donington on a Saturday, as opposed to potential stadium dates during the week (like Metallica) would be a massive pull for a lot of people. 

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

AC/DC are gigantic enough to headline Download and play stadiums in the same summer and if it meant getting them on someone sort of ‘farewell’ tour, I could see Copping and Live Nation allowing both to go ahead. The appeal of seeing AC/DC say goodbye at historic Donington on a Saturday, as opposed to potential stadium dates during the week (like Metallica) would be a massive pull for a lot of people. 

Of course if they weren't playing Download if would free them up to play stadiums at the weekend :P

51 minutes ago, jump said:

Of course if they weren't playing Download if would free them up to play stadiums at the weekend :P

I don’t have time for logic. 

But the point is: would AC/DC play a festival at their last tour? They don't like festivals even in their previous tours, i only remember they playing at Download 2010 and Coachella 2015. Don't know if they would do it again now but it would be great to see