gabrielomachado

Download 2020

I think RB will take the Glastonbury side of the festival circuit next year. Will probably instead sub the pyramid or something. 

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I would say they're too big to sub Download. They might not be appropriate to please Download goers as a headliner but I don't think that should see them consigned to a sub slot.

Too big to sub, not big enough to headline. Even headlining Friday's a bit of a stretch. 

Though I think they'd be down for subbing a big band like Metallica or Foo Fighters.

9 minutes ago, dannymichaels said:

Too big to sub, not big enough to headline. Even headlining Friday's a bit of a stretch. 

Though I think they'd be down for subbing a big band like Metallica or Foo Fighters.

Their second album tour sold out arenas and each record has sold enormous amounts. They have so much name recognition, even if it’s with a crowd not typically going to Download. Bundling them in with a stadium headliner would be mad when you have ADTR or someone on another day who can’t get arrested in the mainstream.

Edited by dentalplan

Fridat

MS: QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, Royal Blood, Ghost, Stone Sour, Therapy?, Batushka, Bokassa, Puppy Zippo: Korn Avalanche: Refused, Black Flag Dogtooth: Mayhem, The Black Queen

Saturday

MS: BLINK-182, You Me At Six, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Neck Deep, The Hives, While She Sleeps, FIDLAR, Yonaka Zippo: Pendulum Avalanche: Ghostemane, Trash Boat Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut, Daughters

Sunday 

METALLICA, Five Finger Death Punch, Architects, Gorjira, Killswitch Engage, Crossfaith, Code Orange, Venom Prison Zippo: Weezer Avalanche: Alkaline Trio, Turnstile Dogtooth: Ho9909, Show Me The Body

On 8/28/2019 at 2:13 PM, gabrielomachado said:

yes but that was in that's the spirit cycle, when they were at their peak, i can see them headlining in the future but not now in 2020, we don't even know if they will still be touring

They easily could have if they wanted to, but Oli has said he doesn't like playing arenas.

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/music/bring-me-the-horizon-interview-amo-a4004506.html

“To be honest, I don’t really like arenas. It’s not easy to make the sound good, or to perform in them,” says Sykes. “Obviously it’s a great feeling to get there but I’m never like, ‘I can’t wait to play this venue.’ The problem for us is all the seats. Not many people want to sit down at our shows.”

Edited by WhoOdyssey

They don’t like playing arenas :lol: :lol: :lol:that’s the biggest load of bollocks I’ve heard all day. They love playing arenas and they love the money they get from it. If they hated playing arenas that much they would go on a tour of small venues like Enter Shikari did recently. Don’t like playing arenas :lol:

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They don’t like playing arenas :lol: :lol: :lol:that’s the biggest load of bollocks I’ve heard all day. They love playing arenas and they love the money they get from it. If they hated playing arenas that much they would go on a tour of small venues like Enter Shikari did recently. Don’t like playing arenas :lol:

I see what he’s saying though, bands like Bring Me and Slipknot definitely lose something in the seated arenas unless it’s cardiff which is fine because it’s a lot smaller than most and doesn’t have seating. I think he’s happy with the achievement of playing them but smaller venue shows are pretty much always better than arena gigs. 

To a certain point there is a comprise you have to make of big venue-small venue otherwise you will leave a lot of people unable to go to the shows, scale back stage production or end up having to do 5+ nights at every city.

I'm fine going to arena shows but I do loath the O2 arena, its so sterile compared to say Wembley or Alley Palley.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jump said:

To a certain point there is a comprise you have to make of big venue-small venue otherwise you will leave a lot of people unable to go to the shows, scale back stage production or end up having to do 5+ nights at every city.

I'm fine going to arena shows but I do loath the O2 arena, its so sterile compared to say Wembley or Alley Palley.

I’ve never been to the O2 but I can’t stand Wembley. It’s like a hangar and is soulless even by arena standards. I really like Ally Pally, though. 

Apparently there is a Green Day x Fall Out Boy x Weezer stadium tour hitting here in June so that will likely rule any of those bands out of DL. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve never been to the O2 but I can’t stand Wembley. It’s like a hangar and is soulless even by arena standards. I really like Ally Pally, though. 

Apparently there is a Green Day x Fall Out Boy x Weezer stadium tour hitting here in June so that will likely rule any of those bands out of DL. 

In Wembley you can go out for a smoke which puts it above the O2 in my book.

4 hours ago, jump said:

52 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

new prediction. tried to be the more realistic and less of a wishlist

damn your festival sux bro.png

Ho99o9 closing Dogtooth yea boiii

Blink aren't closing the festival. In fact that sunday would be so empty that half the traders would go home early too. I'd be happy enough on 2nd though.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m really thinking AC/DC. 

Would love to see it. I'm completely out of the loop re: AC/DC, I was expecting their world tour to be announced by now but all has gone quiet..

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’m really thinking AC/DC. 

as much i like them i dont thing they will playing at a festival these days they can make way more money with stadium shows.

Pasting a table in looks fugly, but here's my first go...

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

ADTR

METALLICA

ACDC

KORN

JUDAS PRIEST

ROYAL BLOOD

ARCHITECTS

5FDP

GRETA VAN FLEET

STEEL PANTHER

LIMP BIZKIT

ALICE IN CHAINS

BILLY IDOL

YOU ME AT SIX

COHEED & CAMBRIA

OFFSPRING

ANDREW WK

CINDERELLA

THE WILDHEARTS

FLOGGING MOLLY

SIKTH

HIM

SATIRICON

TESTAMENT

As much as AC/DC would be a fine way to end the festival, I'd think if they are touring they'll be playing their own stadium gigs to maximise profits.  It wouldn't surprise me if Metallica play the Saturday but Kiss must be in the mix as well playing their very last (honest, this really is the last time, until the next tour) show.  Friday could be anyone.

updated my prediction after some band rumours on the Rock Werchter thread. I personally wouldn't like to see Aerosmith and System Of A Down AGAIN but i think if they will be around next summer they will be there.

festival.png

• Upvote 1