Download 2020

gabrielomachado

3 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Have Metallica played Hellfest before? 

Nah. That’s the first thing that came to mind for me. SOAD are my second favourite band but I they’d be a rubbish choice by now, for DL anyway. Would like them to do a few UK shows tho

Edited by Steve1000

3 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Forum

organizers said they already booked a headliner that never played in the festival before, so this leads to very few bands, with SOAD being the most likely

The following have all never played either & could headline: Metallica, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, NIN, Queens of the Stone Age, Green Day, Van Halen, Blink 182 (some more likely than others I agree). 

I could see Hellfest going all in with the big bucks for some sort of European exclusive on a Misfits show too. 

I'd say the most obvious band to have never played is Metallica though, so it's probably them...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

The following have all never played either & could headline: Metallica, AC/DC, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, NIN, Queens of the Stone Age, Green Day, Van Halen, Blink 182 (some more likely than others I agree). 

I could see Hellfest going all in with the big bucks for some sort of European exclusive on a Misfits show too. 

I'd say the most obvious band to have never played is Metallica though, so it's probably them...

based on what i see on hellfest forums (i never did the festival) i think Metallica and AC/DC are too big. Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Green Day and Blink don't fit the festival (i know linkin park played there a few years ago). Van Halen are innactive. NIN, QOTSA and Misfits are possible.

When you look at some of the names they've booked in the past I don't think Metallica are unrealistic. 

AC/DC possibly are, but then you could say that about any festival. 

Van Halen have a 'reunion' tour lined up for next year - no idea if it includes Europe or not though. 

I disagree about the others not fitting - granted Blink might be pushing it for Hellfest but the others would be fine. 

29 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

nope. could be them but in hellfest forums everybody always says they are too big

Iron Maiden played there so I think Metallica would. Especially as its same weekend as Graspop and weekend after Download....those 3 perfect for a Metallica European Festival tour.

Changed some bits and pieces around. I’ve gone back to thinking that R&L might nab Green Day if they’re coming back with a new album. I’m back to thinking that ADTR’s sub slot at R&L is to push them towards topping the bill at DL next year, like they should have done with BMTH after 2015. 

A Day To Remember / Limp Bizkit / Sum 41 / While She Sleeps / Billy Talent / Employed To Serve / Trash Boat 

Within Temptation / Airbourne 

Metallica / Five Finger Death Punch / Mastodon / Killswitch Engage  / Code Orange / Arch Enemy / Soulfly / Bokassa 

Don Broco / The Distillers 

KISS (final UK show) / Ghost / Greta Van Fleet / The Darkness / Staind / Baroness / The Wildhearts / Orange Goblin 

Gojira / The Mars Volta 

Edited by Andre91

On 7/26/2019 at 9:42 PM, Andre91 said:

Changed some bits and pieces around. I’ve gone back to thinking that R&L might nab Green Day if they’re coming back with a new album. I’m back to thinking that ADTR’s sub slot at R&L is to push them towards topping the bill at DL next year, like they should have done with BMTH after 2015. 

A Day To Remember / Limp Bizkit / Sum 41 / While She Sleeps / Billy Talent / Employed To Serve / Trash Boat 

Within Temptation / Airbourne 

Metallica / Five Finger Death Punch / Mastodon / Killswitch Engage  / Code Orange / Arch Enemy / Soulfly / Bokassa 

Don Broco / The Distillers 

KISS (final UK show) / Ghost / Greta Van Fleet / The Darkness / Staind / Baroness / The Wildhearts / Orange Goblin 

Gojira / The Mars Volta 

You think The Distillers are going to sub the 2nd stage at Download when Sum 41 headlined it and still played lower than The Distillers are at reading this year?. Given the demographics in general at this time you'd have have to Download is more them than Reading, you've probably got to go back to 2013 to find a top 4 on a day similar to the Foo's day, 2015 I wouldn't count as it's probably a bit more metal orientated imo.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Tbh I could see more people at Rammstein than Download on the Sunday. Download will need something better than KISS and shit weather.

You realise they can't close the roof of the stadium for a Rammstein gig and Wales gets way more rain? Kiss' last UK show will mean there will be enough double denim dinosaurs present despite Rammstein. Maiden or Metallica too will mean it will still be a very busy weekend. This is AEG fronting up to FR and LN. Stupid move I reckon.

2 minutes ago, devilman said:

You realise they can't close the roof of the stadium for a Rammstein gig and Wales gets way more rain? Kiss' last UK show will mean there will be enough double denim dinosaurs present despite Rammstein. Maiden or Metallica too will mean it will still be a very busy weekend. This is AEG fronting up to FR and LN. Stupid move I reckon.

A stadium doesn't turn to complete shit after some rain and the KISS UK farewell tour wasn't selling gangbusters. I'm not saying it will happen but there's a decent chance it could happen.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

I'm almost certain it'll be KISS on the Sunday now.

Same. Little to no crossover with Rammstein fans. 

If I was Download, I would be getting an announcement out sharpish. I’m sure that Copping said at the Boardie BBQ this year at DL that he already has 2 headliners booked. I would be getting that out ASAP after this Rammstein announcement. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Same. Little to no crossover with Rammstein fans. 

If I was Download, I would be getting an announcement out sharpish. I’m sure that Copping said at the Boardie BBQ this year at DL that he already has 2 headliners booked. I would be getting that out ASAP after this Rammstein announcement. 

Hopefully we hear something soon! Can maybe see something like

Friday: A day to Remember

Saturday: Metallica

Sunday: Kiss