Download 2020

gabrielomachado

13 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Well he was asked ''Will Disturbed be clashing with Korn or System of a Down?'' and he replied ''They won't clash. We have specifically set up the timings so that doesn't happen.''

Fair that's going to be a dash for many. Korn I'll probably see because I'm there but I'm not a big fan so no rushing for me and I may see The Darkness instead. It's a shame The Distillers aren't doing their own dates instead and I cant see them coming after Download either, not enough about then anymore to do both Reading, Download and then a tour.

16 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Fair that's going to be a dash for many. Korn I'll probably see because I'm there but I'm not a big fan so no rushing for me and I may see The Darkness instead. It's a shame The Distillers aren't doing their own dates instead and I cant see them coming after Download either, not enough about then anymore to do both Reading, Download and then a tour.

Yeah gonna have to get my running shoes on!  

3 minutes ago, Moey said:

Skunk Anansie tour announced for mid-June. Assuming that screws any chance of them playing DL this year. 

not sure I could take an inside gig in the week following download! 

I don't think there's many bands left to be announced for download anyway. Probably a couple main-stage Saturday low down, and third stage headliner Friday. Maybe a a few on 4th stage. Copping said line up was virtually complete. I think slightly less bands this year to make less clashes (for example one less band on Sunday main stage)

Edited by Spiral_Low

3 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

imagine if it was Faith No More - Iron Maiden - Foo Fighters

People would have moaned that Faith No More weren't big enough/subbed last time. 

I agree though that missing Foo Fighters again is a silly mistake, especially with the stale 3 headliners that have been booked. (Though outside of Download they're hardly a fresh booking) 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

6 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

People would have moaned that Faith No More weren't big enough/subbed last time. 

I agree though that missing Foo Fighters again is a silly mistake, especially with the stale 3 headliners that have been booked. (Though outside of Download they're hardly a fresh booking) 

Foo Fighters probably said no tbf.

13 hours ago, Jericode said:

Foo Fighters have announced Europe dates for June with at the moment a perfect Download sized gap, System of a Down looks worse by the day.

If it wasnt for the SOAD then Download is nearly pointless. 

4 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

Imagine being Andy Copping and booking Kiss and Maiden over RATM. top kek

Itll likely be the same as last time, Reading get them 1st then Download. Copping is too busy perusing bands that wont play or not pushing bands, then accepting the same returns and taking seconds on returns....that sums Download up generally.

17 hours ago, thewayiam said:

If it wasnt for the SOAD then Download is nearly pointless. 

Itll likely be the same as last time, Reading get them 1st then Download. Copping is too busy perusing bands that wont play or not pushing bands, then accepting the same returns and taking seconds on returns....that sums Download up generally.

Although I guarantee you Download will find a far better undercard than Reading for them....

I'll wait for them to play Download rather than give money to any fest that has Courteeneers subbing RATM

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, madmaninabox said:

Although I guarantee you Download will find a far better undercard than Reading for them....

I'll wait for them to play Download rather than give money to any fest that has Courteeneers subbing RATM

I actually probably agree with this. For the 3 previous years I'd say Reading have found an undercard to suit them now, but I think this year looks like they've booked weak and RATM has cost a lot but need to headline somewhere and they couldn't not get them. There isn't another day I don't think that suits them more it's just out of place. It would a bit better...not for me but generally if they put Courteeners below Liam and BMTH below RATM. I think Gerry is at the point though where the others are where he sells many too many tickets north to not be booked to sub.