Download 2020

gabrielomachado

46 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

Apparently Disturbed/Korn/SOAD will not clash :) 

Where the fuck is the Friday night avalanche headliner?? Although god knows how poor the crowd will be if they're a punk band and clash with The Offspring???  

I think it is Poppy and she will be announced when he tour is over. 

lineup considerations IMO

friday: KISS really don't belong here. I know it's hard but they should have tried to get Faith No More, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters or RHCP who would fit so much better. Anyway, the 2nd stage it's pretty good with Offspring, Distillers (amazing) and Airbourne who put a great show.

saturday: Maiden always put one hell of a show, the lineup for this day in general is the best Download had on recent years. Nice to see KsE headlining a stage but i think Mastodon should be higher up on the bill. The Dogtooth stage is unarguably the best 4th stage the festival ever had.

sunday: if Disturbed clashes with Korn or SOAD it will be awful. they should be on main with Volbeat headlining 2nd. I don't know why Andy keeps booking Babymetal every two years but ok, at least it's a funny act to watch live. Nice to see The Darkness back to Donington after 9 (?) years

3 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

Where the fuck is the Friday night avalanche headliner?? Although god knows how poor the crowd will be if they're a punk band and clash with The Offspring???  

Ive seen on instagram he said Disturbed wont clash with SOAD but where did you see about Korn?

Edit: Nevermind have seen...yey!

Edited by Spiral_Low

9 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Ive seen on instagram he said Disturbed wont clash with SOAD but where did you see about Korn?

Edit: Nevermind have seen...yey!

That must be a stupidly early finish for the 2nd stage unless it's something like...

Korn 19.25 - 20.25

Disturbed 20.25 - 21.25

SOAD 21.25 - 22.55 

????

Tbh most want confirmation The Offspring will not clash with FCRS...... (Ideally FCRS, The Offspring, KISS (or a really good avalanche headliner)....

Just now, madmaninabox said:

That must be a stupidly early finish for the 2nd stage unless it's something like...

Korn 19.25 - 20.25

Disturbed 20.25 - 21.25

SOAD 21.25 - 22.55 

????

Tbh most want confirmation The Offspring will not clash with FCRS...... (Ideally FCRS, The Offspring, KISS (or a really good avalanche headliner)....

Korn 18 .40 - 19.50

Disturbed 19.55 - 21.10

SOAD 21.15 - 22.50

18 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

To be fair if they did it would be ridiculous. It does probably mean I have to return. Keep in mind that he's probably not going to clash Disturbed with Volbeat either.

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Mastodon not even headlining that stage is mad. I'd have thought they'd have been a third down Main or Zippo headliner. 

Seems to be a lot of really good subs this year (Alter Bridge subbing Maiden; Mastodon subbing KSE, Korn subbing SOAD)....

Two future headliners in sub positions as far as I'm concerned, and another possible one 3rd down (FCRS) - gives the festival a healthier looking future than the headliners make it seem..

Anyone reckon 4th stage capacity might have been increased this year??

Edited by madmaninabox

I think this was a belting announcement. Every stage every day looks appealing. The only issue is Kiss and clashes. Even avoiding Kiss has probably produced clashes. Suspect Electric Wizard will win that after Distillers. I'm gonna have to do a fitness program to get ready for all the running between stages I'm going to do that weekend.

Edited by devilman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, devilman said:

I think this was a belting announcement. Every stage every day looks appealing. The only issue is Kiss and clashes. Even avoiding Kiss has probably produced clashes. Suspect Electric Wizard will win that after Distillers. I'm gonna have to do a fitness program to get ready for all the running between stages I'm going to do that weekend.

If it's genuinely Korn - Disturbed - SOAD  with no clashes that is going to be some mass of people flitting between 2nd and main in that rush - although it does point to The Darkness clashing with Volbeat or Korn.....

5 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

If it's genuinely Korn - Disturbed - SOAD  with no clashes that is going to be some mass of people flitting between 2nd and main in that rush - although it does point to The Darkness clashing with Volbeat or Korn.....

Aye, I hope it's not a muddy year or it'll be carnage. I can't see the double denim dinosaurs doing the trudge back and forth though so hopefully there won't be too many people doing it.

1 minute ago, devilman said:

Aye, I hope it's not a muddy year or it'll be carnage. I can't see the double denim dinosaurs doing the trudge back and forth though so hopefully there won't be too many people doing it.

It doesn't need to be loads of people doing it to cause issues to be honest. 

But yeah I'm sure the double denim dinosaurs will be camped with their chairs on the hill, more pity them.

Just now, Andre91 said:

I’m not sure but I’m hoping it is a bigger tent this year because last year was silly the amount of bands you couldn’t get in the tent for. 

Electric Wizard, Sepultura, Periphery, Dying Fetus, Obituary, Blues Pills, Northlane, Steve Harris

there's a lot of bands who draw a big crowd on that stage

I imagine Disturbed will clash with Korn in some way, I think Coppings statement about the clash is that Korn, Disturbed and SOAD won't all clash with each other but I cant see a gap of 1hr 20 mins between Korn and SOAD and that's the only way it can be done. I think there is much less crossover of Korn and Disturbed than Korn and SOAD. But POD, Volbeat, Disturbed and SOAD will mean a day ticket for me, probably the best day I've seen at Download for a long time for my tastes, and I might even be able to squeeze The Darkness in for a fun listen. Weekend car pass I think and then Friday ticket cheap down the line, Saturday I see no point in.

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I imagine Disturbed will clash with Korn in some way, I think Coppings statement about the clash is that Korn, Disturbed and SOAD won't all clash with each other but I cant see a gap of 1hr 20 mins between Korn and SOAD and that's the only way it can be done. I think there is much less crossover of Korn and Disturbed than Korn and SOAD. But POD, Volbeat, Disturbed and SOAD will mean a day ticket for me, probably the best day I've seen at Download for a long time for my tastes, and I might even be able to squeeze The Darkness in for a fun listen. Weekend car pass I think and then Friday ticket cheap down the line, Saturday I see no point in.

Well he was asked ''Will Disturbed be clashing with Korn or System of a Down?'' and he replied ''They won't clash. We have specifically set up the timings so that doesn't happen.''

51 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

would be a lot easier if they just put volbeat on 2nd and disturbed 3rd down main

Yeah thats what i thought it would be. Looking back at 2017 it was 

System Of A Down: 9:10pm – 10:50pm
Prophets Of Rage: 7:00pm – 8:10pm

So this year easily could be:

System Of A Down: 9:10pm – 10:50pm
Korn: 6:35pm – 7:45pm

With Disturbed doing 7:50pm - 9:05pm

Doesnt leave much time but technicall ydoesnt clash!

Edited by Spiral_Low