Download 2020

gabrielomachado

10 hours ago, Traher666 said:

Wasn't V Fest full of wall punchers though?

I rarely ever saw it at Reading, 50 Cent, The Rasmus and Panic at the Disco are memorable ones though.

Never went, wouldn't know. I just heard of Glasvegas and Cher Lloyd getting bottled, which apparently happened in 2011/12.

I don't think it was ever that widespread. Just a few big events like Daphne & Celeste or the singer from Panic getting one hit in the face. 

6 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

What I was getting at is that they had a hostile crowd back then and the Download demographics haven't really changed since. Meanwhile the Reading/Leeds demographics have changed significantly since 2004 - largely because all the metal and hard rock fans now go to Download (or Bloodstock) instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if the demographics of Green Day fandom in general have also changed since 2004, in that I think if they had a rap act play before them at a festival.

Granted I doubt there'll be a similar act as an extra opener before them, Fall Out Boy and Weezer when they do next year's stadium shows.

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

I think I read someone threw a deckchair as part of the 50 Cent episode.

When I went to Reading 2011, I remember Enter Shikari encouraging people to throw cups and bottles around the joint. But not the classic malice.

I also heard a camping chair got thrown at him, which is pretty wild. Heard quite a few rumours about that set in the immediate aftermath. Heard he only stayed on for as long as he did, because if he didn't play a certain amount of the set, he wouldn't get paid. Also heard that when he threw the mic in to the crowd at the end, it hit a girl in the face, breaking her nose.

Whether either of those are true, who knows.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:54 PM, Spiral_Low said:

What I was getting at is that they had a hostile crowd back then and the Download demographics haven't really changed since. Meanwhile the Reading/Leeds demographics have changed significantly since 2004 - largely because all the metal and hard rock fans now go to Download (or Bloodstock) instead.

The demographics have changed somewhat, as all the emo-teenagers from 2007 are now in their late twenties and thirties, old enough to buy their own ticket. MCR will now also be a nostalgia band for those who listened in their youth before moving on to heavier stuff. 

16 minutes ago, LDE_90 said:

Looks plenty fake as well.. biggest give away.. the date.. 

It’s the 2019 line up and posted to show the cross over between the Graspop and DL line ups this year. Someone did ask if they share line ups. ?‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Red Day said:

It’s the 2019 line up and posted to show the cross over between the Graspop and DL line ups this year. Someone did ask if they share line ups. ?‍♂️

Its not the 2019 line up though. Korn and Manowar didn't play Graspop in 2019. Thats a fake poster. Just google it.

2 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Its not the 2019 line up though. Korn and Manowar didn't play Graspop in 2019. Thats a fake poster. Just google it.

Regardless it’s only to answer the question,  that yes, quite a few bands play both

ADECF7E6-C8E6-473E-8EB1-B27FE59D76ED.jpeg

Hi guys,

First I hope I am writing this in the right place :)

I am quite new here and would like to come to the festival from abroad.

Since We are not a camper type, What are the staying options in the festival and how hard is it to get from those options to the festival location.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, Royis said:

Hi guys,

Since We are not a camper type, What are the staying options in the festival and how hard is it to get from those options to the festival location.

Thanks

I stay at one of the premier inn’s in Derby from Thursday to Monday snd get tye shuttle bus from the back of the rail station too and from the festival every day. Shuttle is £25 for the weekend. Think others stay in Nottingham, Kegworth or other surrounding places but I’ve only stayed in Derby and don’t know what the transport options are from other places. Search Trivago for accommodation 

40 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Don't Manowar famously play like 7 hour sets? No idea when they were last in the UK

Ignore me I was looking at a old poster

From the Graspop additions I'd like to see the following added:

Amorphis

Anathema

Baby Metal

Deep Purple

Foreigner

Shvpes

Silverstein

main: KISS / Alter Bridge / Steel Panther / Airbourne / Saxon / Alestorm / Daughtry

ZE: The Offspring / Black Veil Brides / Knocked Loose / Dream State / Thy Art Is Murder / Harms Way / Vein / Skynd

Avalanche: Social Distortion

Dogtooth: Ghostemane

main: IRON MAIDEN / Deftones / Gojira / Heaven Shall Burn / Avatar / Sepultura / The Raven Age / Beyond The Black

ZE: Killswitch Engage / August Burns Red / Body Count / Poppy / Dead Sara / Powerflo / Boston Manor / Moose Blood / Infected Rain

Avalanche: Anti-Flag

Dogtooth: Emperor

main: SYSTEM OF A DOWN / Korn / Disturbed / Of Mice & Men / Code Orange / Motionless In White / P.O.D / Ego Kill Talent

ZE: Nightwish / Powerwolf / Apocalyptica / High On Fire / DevilDriver / Anathema / Me And That Man  / Shvpes / WayWard Sons / Parlor Mob

Avalanche: Angels & Airwaves

Dogtooth: Exodus

On 11/12/2019 at 8:37 PM, Royis said:

Hi guys,

Thanks

I stay at one of the premier inn’s in Derby from Thursday to Monday snd get tye shuttle bus from the back of the rail station too and from the festival every day. Shuttle is £25 for the weekend. Think others stay in Nottingham, Kegworth or other surrounding places but I’ve only stayed in Derby and don’t know what the transport options are from other places. Search Trivago for accommodation 

Speaking as someone who lives a couple of miles from the festival, I'd say that staying in central Derby and catching the shuttle bus is probably your easiest and cheapest option. 

Accommodation in and around Castle Donington will cost you an arm and a leg around the time of the festival. 

There are buses that pass the festival site that go to Nottingham via Long Eaton but you could struggle to get back at night, as the buses are often full before they even reach the festival entrance (people walk to the airport to catch buses) and the queues for taxis at night can be horrendous. 

There are also buses to Leicester and, I think, Kegworth from the airport - but you have to be prepared to walk to the airport, which is a couple of miles, I'd say.

Edited by PastCaring
quote function didn't work!

On 11/13/2019 at 5:02 PM, gabrielomachado said:

main: KISS / Alter Bridge / Steel Panther / Airbourne / Saxon / Alestorm / Daughtry

ZE: The Offspring / Black Veil Brides / Knocked Loose / Dream State / Thy Art Is Murder / Harms Way / Vein / Skynd

main: IRON MAIDEN / Deftones / Gojira / Heaven Shall Burn / Avatar / Sepultura / The Raven Age / Beyond The Black

ZE: Killswitch Engage / August Burns Red / Body Count / Poppy / Dead Sara / Powerflo / Boston Manor / Moose Blood / Infected Rain

main: SYSTEM OF A DOWN / Korn / Disturbed / Of Mice & Men / Code Orange / Motionless In White / P.O.D / Ego Kill Talent

ZE: Nightwish / Powerwolf / Apocalyptica / High On Fire / DevilDriver / Anathema / Me And That Man  / Shvpes / WayWard Sons / Parlor Mob

This does absolutely nothing for me.

On 11/12/2019 at 2:37 PM, Royis said:

Hi guys,

Thanks

We stayed at a hotel  in Nottingham in 2018 and rode the skylink to/from the festival. 

On 11/14/2019 at 3:02 AM, gabrielomachado said:

Let Nightwish finish before SOAD and yes.