Download 2020

gabrielomachado

2 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

i'll never forgive download for putting KISS in a headline slot on the same year that Rage Against The Machine and My Chemical Romance reunited. not counting bands like Pearl Jam and Green Day touring in the summer

In fairness Rage is only a rumour at this point and MCR were bottled when they headlined.

10 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Yes could be. Though they'd also be a good choice for 2nd vs KISS like Rob Zombie was vs Def Leppard this year.

I kinda get the feeling The Offspring might sub KISS. 

I think it should be SOAD, Disturbed, Volbeat, The Offspring myself.

What is probably nailed on though if they come to the UK is for R&L and Download to have RATM the year following each other.

Edited by thewayiam

On 11/2/2019 at 3:17 AM, thewayiam said:

I think it should be SOAD, Disturbed, Volbeat, The Offspring myself.

What is probably nailed on though if they come to the UK is for R&L and Download to have RATM the year following each other.

Volbeat will be subbing this time, or headlining second. The Offspring are too big for fourth down. 

My Chemical Romance were bottled when they were at their peak, and everybody remembers how hated the 'emo' movement was at this time. Things are different now. They were bottled at Reading 2006 too and come back 5 years after with a headline set including a brian may performance as special guest. With all the hype behind the reunion they can play in 2021 again easily. There would be a 14 years gap between the two headline sets, things change a lot in 14 years.

On 11/6/2019 at 12:19 PM, escapehere said:

Bands don't really get bottled anymore anyway, that was always c**t behaviour and it seems to have been left behind

I think I loosely remember a few acts being bottled at V Festival in the early part of this decade but I don't really remember anything as bad as it was in the late 90's/early 00's.

9 hours ago, charlierc said:

I think I loosely remember a few acts being bottled at V Festival in the early part of this decade but I don't really remember anything as bad as it was in the late 90's/early 00's.

Wasn't V Fest full of wall punchers though?

I rarely ever saw it at Reading, 50 Cent, The Rasmus and Panic at the Disco are memorable ones though.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

MCR getting bottled THIRTEEN years ago is irrelevant. In 2004, one of the biggest rappers in the world got bottled at Reading. That's not going to happen when Travis Scott headlines next year, is it. 

What I was getting at is that they had a hostile crowd back then and the Download demographics haven't really changed since. Meanwhile the Reading/Leeds demographics have changed significantly since 2004 - largely because all the metal and hard rock fans now go to Download (or Bloodstock) instead.

Edited by Spiral_Low