Download 2020

gabrielomachado

8 hours ago, devilman said:

Thrice are brilliant. they seem a strange pairing with Refused but I would still have gone if I could. I can't ?

Yeah, when the tour was announced I did think that it was a strange pairing but I love both bands so not a problem.

Funnily enough, despite mainly going for Thrice, the new Refused album has made me look forward to seeing them just as much.

Made a 2021 lineup based on the trend of "playing it safe".

• Slipknot! Who couldn't wait to return and play more songs off "We Are Not Your Kind"!
  • Def Leppard! Who were kindly asked to return after Copping couldn't get Rammstein!
  • Aerosmith! On their final final tour! 

Spread across the weekend are other recycled bands who everyone has already seen!

5764576586.png

12 hours ago, strangerkings said:

Made a 2021 lineup based on the trend of "playing it safe".

• Slipknot! Who couldn't wait to return and play more songs off "We Are Not Your Kind"!
  • Def Leppard! Who were kindly asked to return after Copping couldn't get Rammstein!
  • Aerosmith! On their final final tour! 

Spread across the weekend are other recycled bands who everyone has already seen!

5764576586.png

That is shit but are you booking Saxon to headline the Avalanche stage?

what i guess about logo bands

headliners: Kiss-Iron Maiden-SOAD (duh)

Deftones subbing Iron Maiden

Korn subbing SOAD

Disturbed 3rd down on SOAD day

The Offspring headlining 2nd on KISS day

Gojira 3rd down on Maiden day

other "logo bands" who  can be announced: Faith No More, Alter Bridge, Five Finger Death Punch, Judas Priest, Nightwish, Megadeth, Steel Panther, Volbeat, Mastodon

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think we will end up with this: 

KISS / Volbeat / Mercyful Fate 

The Offspring 

Iron Maiden / Deftones / Killswitch Engage 

Gojira (finishing early) 

SOAD / KoRn / Disturbed 

Steel Panther 

After the uproar this year caused by Tool Slayer clash one would hope they have learned their lesson and wont clash metal bands, so no Gohira v Deftones.

12 minutes ago, antros23 said:

judas priest are headlining bloodstock along with devin townsed and behemoth. the last two are exculsive uk shows for 2020. does this mean we still have a chance for judas priest at download this year?

I would absolutely say that Judas Priest won’t play Download next year. 

39 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I would absolutely say that Judas Priest won’t play Download next year. 

Agree with that.  If they headline Bloodstock I don't think there's a chance they'll be at DL.  Priest will probably play their own dates at some point in 2020 or maybe with Ozzy, depending on his health.

29 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Hmmm Nightwish have announced dates for next December (as in 2020). Rather like Halestorm announced their UK dates far in advance too, and then eventually got announced for Download.

It's so annoying when bands announce dates massively in advance. I bought Skindred tixs a month a two ago for Nov and it was only when I was mid-way through paying for them I realised it was actually for 2020. Since then they had announced a few more UK dates this year but just not near me.

4 hours ago, Red Day said:

Agree with that.  If they headline Bloodstock I don't think there's a chance they'll be at DL.  Priest will probably play their own dates at some point in 2020 or maybe with Ozzy, depending on his health.

i really want to disagree cause i really want to see them this year but am afraid you are going to be right :(

On 10/28/2019 at 3:33 PM, jump said:

It's so annoying when bands announce dates massively in advance. I bought Skindred tixs a month a two ago for Nov and it was only when I was mid-way through paying for them I realised it was actually for 2020. Since then they had announced a few more UK dates this year but just not near me.

I think they do ot when they have summer fests lined up - Skindred at Bloodstock after all. I expect Nightwish as a sub or as a 2nd stage headliner.

Bring Me The Horizon, Nightwish, Heaven Shall Burn, Killswitch Engage, Babymetal, Bury Tomorrow, Thy Art Is Murder, August Burns Red and Motionless In White amongst the names announced today for Greenfield Festival the same weekend as Download. 

I think they’re all likely to show up other than BMTH (who I think will be at R&L) and maybe Nightwish who have a date at Wembley in late 2020 on sale (that didn’t stop Halestorm this year, though). 

Edited by Andre91

ATM i'm thinking of

KISS / Nightwish / Steel Panther / Airbourne / Black Veil Brides / Saxon / The Dead Daisies

2nd: The Offspring / Billy Talent

_________

IRON MAIDEN / Deftones / Gojira / Killswitch Engage / Heaven Shall Burn / Static-X / The Raven Age / Thy Art Is Murder

2nd: Faith No More / The Ghost Inside

SYSTEM OF A DOWN / Korn / Disturbed / Of Mice & Men / Code Orange / Knocked Loose / Daughtry / Ego Kill Talent

2nd: Babymetal / Motionless In White

• Upvote 1