Download 2020

gabrielomachado

2 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Meh. They have made it pretty clear they care more about the Reading/Leeds kinda crowd than they do about the Download kinda crowd.

it's a metal festival they're headlining in Lisbon. other bands will include SOAD and Korn, and last year the festival had Slipknot, Slayer, Gojira, Arch Enemy

4 minutes ago, R Shah said:

If BMTH sub Slipknot at Reading that day will surely be as strong, if not stronger, than any day at Download next year.

Bring Me are still a very polarizing metal band tho, for as many people they draw they also put some off. Think of a modern Limp Bizkit without the fuzzy nostalgia to make it okay to like them now.

Just imo and all that but I think Bring Me work really well as a headliner (despite not being a draw) and would lose a lot of what I like about them live subbing whilst as long a System don't put on a shit show a combo of them and KoRn, Prophets of Rage or Ghost would go down a treat for me.

8 hours ago, jump said:

Bring Me are still a very polarizing metal band tho, for as many people they draw they also put some off. Think of a modern Limp Bizkit without the fuzzy nostalgia to make it okay to like them now.

Just imo and all that but I think Bring Me work really well as a headliner (despite not being a draw) and would lose a lot of what I like about them live subbing whilst as long a System don't put on a shit show a combo of them and KoRn, Prophets of Rage or Ghost would go down a treat for me.

I wonder what has stopped Bring Me from playing Download for all these years? Sure they prefer R/L, but it doesn't mean they can't ever do Download because of it.

2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014. The trend seemed as though they were Download regulars until they released TTS, and you can't blame the sound of the new albums either since they're still rock/metal. There must've been a disagreement down the line somewhere. 

48 minutes ago, everest said:

Download Paris cancelled

That's the 2nd year on the trot now.

I fancied seeing if I could catch Korn & System without having to go to Download, I was thinking of doing a day in either Portugal since I have friends I can couch hop on or (assuming they had them) Download Paris since it's quickish trip on the Eurostar.

6 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

I wonder what has stopped Bring Me from playing Download for all these years? Sure they prefer R/L, but it doesn't mean they can't ever do Download because of it.

2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014. The trend seemed as though they were Download regulars until they released TTS, and you can't blame the sound of the new albums either since they're still rock/metal. There must've been a disagreement down the line somewhere. 

You make it sound like they are constantly at R&L, since they last played Download they have been on the bill for R&L once and did a secret set another time which Download don't really do. If Download are grooming then as headliners then having them constantly on the bill would be more harmful than helpful.

18 hours ago, Pisces Iscariot said:

Seeing Touche amore and Deafheaven tonight. Would love to see these two added to the bill!

Great gig. Touche on the bill would certainly get me a bit closer to coming again - confirmed a new album next year so fingers crossed!

I think BMTH aren't too keen on Download as they have had a bad reception in the past even in their deathcore days. Never quite understood why people go watch them if they don't like them when there's 3/4 other stages to choose from. I personally think they're great and love their entire catalogue

3 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Metallica will play two different sets in 5 US festivals next year

if this works be prepared to have Metallica headlining twice in european festivals, including Download, in 2021

Download booking Metallica to headline two days of the fest would get around them not having many headliners to choose from.

4 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

if this works be prepared to have Metallica headlining twice in european festivals, including Download, in 2021

I'd be very suprised if they did that. I think next year will have Metallica one night though.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:49 PM, gabrielomachado said:

Those dates have a big 4 month gap in them from mid May to mid Sep.

Wouldn't surprise me if they head over to Europe for some festivals, though obvs DL off the cards.