Download 2020

gabrielomachado

51 minutes ago, Reece1617 said:

Not sue if this actually means anything or not but Disturbed have now been moved to the 2nd line of the poster,  Do we think this has any indication to the position they'd be playing? Subbing System? 

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the current poster as logo acts moved around loads and didn’t play where they initially seemed to be placed last year by the time the big poster came out. 

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the current poster as logo acts moved around loads and didn’t play where they initially seemed to be placed last year by the time the big poster came out. 

Yeah they probs just got bumped up for how to help ticket sales after all the moaning about headliners.

45 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Yeah they probs just got bumped up for how to help ticket sales after all the moaning about headliners.

Realistically I think we are getting: 

KISS / Judas Priest / Greta Van Fleet 

The Offspring 

Iron Maiden / Deftones / Megadeth 

Gojira (finishing early) 

System Of A Down / KoRn / Disturbed 

Volbeat 

Edited by Andre91

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Fair play. Did not know that.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see them appear 2020. Everyone’s predicting Priest to fill out the subs but Ghost must have as much chance.

10 hours ago, Jericode said:

Ghost have confirmed they've only got 1 South America (I think) date next year, so no Download.

Missed this post completely. Damn. I was hoping they'd show their ghoulish faces at Glasto.

After attending virtually every rock festival at Donington since 1990, be it M.o.R, Ozzfest or DL, I stopped going after 2010. Im of an age group where the classic rock n metal groups werent classic, they were relevant and exciting. While Kiss and Maiden in particular should be big draws for me, its no longer an event. They come around much too often. Maybe its time DL downscaled a bit, go with younger more vibrant headliners who may not appeal to the old timers like me but will still draw a decent if maybe bit smaller crowd and set the festival up for the future. Or only have the main stage used on Saturday and Sunday, with only the other stages being used on Friday for the "early arrivals". Over the years i have lost count of the number of times rumours have been Pearl Jam, or Foo Fighters, or RHCP or Green Day could headline but they never do so I cant see them coming now unless none of the other fests want them and they want a nice payday. They have all distanced themselves from "metal" music in the past or even outright rubbished it in interviews so what is widely seen as the pinnacle of UK metal generally wouldnt appeal to them in the same way as a Reading/Glastonbury or even their own outdoor show does

One of the problems I have with download is that for example in 2016 Gojira where 2 bands down from Saxon in a small tent, I'm sorry but Gojira should have been headlining that tent, Gojira are hugely popular with the younger metal audience and are absolutely killer live, Saxon are passed it and arent all that great. 

Bookings like that are are just shooting themselves in the foot if you ask me.

Edited by Xeph1995

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

One of the problems I have with download is that for example in 2016 Gojira where 2 bands down from Saxon in a small tent, I'm sorry but Gojira should have been headlining that tent, Gojira are hugely popular with the younger metal audience and are absolutely killer live, Saxon are passed it and arent all that great. 

Bookings like that are are just shooting themselves in the foot if you ask me.

Context required. Gojira would bomb at a festival for double denim dinosaurs and Saxon would be very well received yet at somewhere like Bloodstock  Gojira are two or 3 placings above Saxon. At teh moment Download still has quite a sizable oldies contingent. To buck the trend though, I'm old but think that gojira are way better. I've even got a Gojira tattoo. My big fear about next year is that they clash them with System. That would be brutal. Any other clash on those named so far doesn't really bother me and I'll take anyone v Kiss.

5 minutes ago, devilman said:

Context required. Gojira would bomb at a festival for double denim dinosaurs and Saxon would be very well received yet at somewhere like Bloodstock  Gojira are two or 3 placings above Saxon. At teh moment Download still has quite a sizable oldies contingent. To buck the trend though, I'm old but think that gojira are way better. I've even got a Gojira tattoo. My big fear about next year is that they clash them with System. That would be brutal. Any other clash on those named so far doesn't really bother me and I'll take anyone v Kiss.

While normally is agree, weren't Maiden on at the same time? All your double denim dinosaurs could have gone there. While everyone bored of seeing maiden on the bill would have had a decent option other than Jane's addiction. 

I'm scared of that too, Soad, deftones and gojira are my biggest pulls this year and I'd hate to have to choose between any of them.