Download 2020

gabrielomachado

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There hasn’t been, though, has there. They’ve only given Slipknot and A7X the push. All of the other ‘new’ headliners that Download have had have headlined major festivals before. 

Ah I see. AC is responsible for booking all the festivals in the world now is he? My mistake. Pretty sure you'll find both of those had headlined somewhere before too.

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There hasn’t been, though, has there. They’ve only given Slipknot and A7X the push. All of the other ‘new’ headliners that Download have had have headlined major festivals before. 

That's not true, they pushed young and upcomers like Def Leppard to headline status too.

• Upvote 1

Trying to move on from headliner debate....who else do we think will get added?

I'm still thinking some of the monster of rock bands...Judas Priest obvious choice. Kinda expect Saxon too. 

Volbeat seem like they will be there.

Devin Townsend said he doing summer fests.

Lacuna Coil new album coming out makes them a candidate too. 

Alice In Chains did their own dates last year so if they follow the pattern (festival one year, own dates next year or vice versa) that would mean Festival this year. 

KISS / Judas Priest / Volbeat / Airbourne / Saxon / Rival Sons / The Dead Daisies

2nd: The Offspring / Billy Talent

IRON MAIDEN / Alter Bridge / Five Finger Death Punch / Killswitch Engage / Baroness / Down / Sevendust / The Raven Age

2nd: Deftones (finishing before Maiden) / Black Veil Brides

SYSTEM OF A DOWN / Korn / Disturbed / Of Mice & Men / Code Orange / Static-X / Knocked Loose / Scarlxrd

2nd: Gojira (finishing before SOAD) / Primus

3 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

KISS / Judas Priest / Volbeat / Airbourne / Saxon / Rival Sons / The Dead Daisies

2nd: The Offspring / Billy Talent

IRON MAIDEN / Alter Bridge / Five Finger Death Punch / Killswitch Engage / Baroness / Down / Sevendust / The Raven Age

2nd: Deftones (finishing before Maiden) / Black Veil Brides

SYSTEM OF A DOWN / Korn / Disturbed / Of Mice & Men / Code Orange / Static-X / Knocked Loose / Scarlxrd

2nd: Gojira (finishing before SOAD) / Primus

I’d be happy with that apart from a Korn Gojira clash!

• Upvote 2

KISS / Judas Priest / Megadeth / Greta Van Fleet / Baroness / Daughtry / Orange Goblin 

Deftones / Black Veil Brides 

The Menzingers 

Testament

Iron Maiden / Five Finger Death Punch / Disturbed / Alestorm / Staind / Arch Enemy / The Wildhearts / Bad Wolves

The Offspring / Billy Talent 

The Ghost Inside 

Carpenter Brut 

System Of A Down / KoRn / Gojira / Killswitch Engage / Code Orange / Soulfly / Static-X / Bokassa 

Volbeat / The Darkness 

Sick Of It All 

Dimmu Borgir 

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

KISS / Judas Priest / Megadeth / Greta Van Fleet / Baroness / Daughtry / Orange Goblin 

Deftones / Black Veil Brides 

The Menzingers 

Testament

Iron Maiden / Five Finger Death Punch / Disturbed / Alestorm / Staind / Arch Enemy / The Wildhearts / Bad Wolves

The Offspring / Billy Talent 

The Ghost Inside 

Carpenter Brut 

System Of A Down / KoRn / Gojira / Killswitch Engage / Code Orange / Soulfly / Static-X / Bokassa 

Volbeat / The Darkness 

Sick Of It All 

Dimmu Borgir 

And there lies the reason I'd rather no have SOAD at Download.

I've just taken a look at the announced bands' dates on their websites. Nothing to report on most, but there is the following:

Disturbed have listed themselves as Sunday. They've also listed themselves as Fri/Sun for Rock am Ring / Im Park, which is consistent to how bands play there. They're listed as playing the second night at Nova Rock. These specifics and the fact they're not just using the first day of each festival makes me thing that the Download Sunday is true. 

16 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Indeed. Very much hoping Refused find their way into that slot too - hitting up UK venues next month so hopefully swing back for the summer festivals.

It's a strange tour from Refused, they are co-headlining it with Thrice but after I got tixs for Brixton they had downsized it to Sheppard's Bush. I'm surprised by that as I would of though it'd greater than the sum of its parts and could of pushed to a bigger venue than what they both normally play.

I'd imagine with a new album to promote they will be hitting a few festivals next year.

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Headliners. 

Nice to see that next year hasn’t killed your hope in the future. It should have, but nice all the same.

42 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Ghost will get a real high spot in 2021 after 8 years of absence

Woah. 2016 feels like it was only three years ago.

Edited by dentalplan