Download 2020

gabrielomachado

I don’t know why I’m surprised at SOAD being booked to headline again with no new album in sight, but... surely yearly Download attendees are getting a bit sick of it now? Maybe an album is in the works this time... but I doubt it. 

Not a bad lineup, but not one of few that comes along every now and then that has me considering going.

12 minutes ago, everest said:

Black Veil Brides confirmed on facebook

70647442_10157734757032834_3728136483144466432_n.jpg

I can understand how those that visit download year in and out will be disappointed at the headliners. However, as someone who makes decision on the basis of line up, its pretty good. Id happily see virtually all of these bands so as a first announcement i am happy.

Edited by Alvarhanso
change

I quite like that line up tbh. Would love to see kiss again, maiden always put on a good show and not seen SOAD in 8 years (although they weren't great)

Also I'm a huge deftones and offspring fan, thought korn were awesome when I saw them years back and it's impossible to not have fun at a alestorm show

1 minute ago, Alvarhanso said:

I can understand how those that visit download year in and out will be disappointed at the headliners. However, as someone who makes decision on the basis of line up, its pretty good. Id happily see virtually all of these bands so as a first announcement i am happy.

Will be my 3rd Download (2018, 2019) this year so am happy with that line up. Yeah it's probably not great for people who've been going much longer. They know KISS can't sing anymore and SOAD have no new material from their last performance. SOAD should be a good sing a long night though, Iron Maiden will be a great and put The Offspring against KISS and you've got a winner.

Hopefully Maiden is LoTB. The undercard is great as well. Korn/Disturbed/Gojira/The Offspring all tick the boxes.

This was never going to match the wow factor of GNR or Tool from the past two years as announcement. It's a normal Download line up, if people are disappointing at then there expectations have perhaps been put a bit too high. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

Will be my 3rd Download (2018, 2019) this year so am happy with that line up. Yeah it's probably not great for people who've been going much longer. They know KISS can't sing anymore and SOAD have no new material from their last performance. SOAD should be a good sing a long night though, Iron Maiden will be a great and put The Offspring against KISS and you've got a winner.

Hopefully Maiden is LoTB. The undercard is great as well. Korn/Disturbed/Gojira/The Offspring all tick the boxes.

This was never going to match the wow factor of GNR or Tool from the past two years as announcement. It's a normal Download line up, if people are disappointing at then there expectations have perhaps been put a bit too high. 

the truth is whatever you ever put people are always gona complain and be negative. they just cant enjoy a great festival with great atmosphere despite the bands. of course everyone have different opinions and some bands are like always there but hey that doesht mean many people wouldht love them and have a good time with them!

2 minutes ago, antros23 said:

the truth is whatever you ever put people are always gona complain and be negative. they just cant enjoy a great festival with great atmosphere despite the bands. of course everyone have different opinions and some bands are like always there but hey that doesht mean many people wouldht love them and have a good time with them!

They're will always be complainers but that's a sold line up. 

I think the problem is that booking the same bands on repeat will eventually push frequent goers away to other festivals.

its a catch 22, Download can’t do anything about the small pool of acts that it has.

Its a problem that I can’t see being fixed unless the entire music market changes tbh.

52 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t know why I’m surprised at SOAD being booked to headline again with no new album in sight, but... surely yearly Download attendees are getting a bit sick of it now? Maybe an album is in the works this time... but I doubt it. 

Not a bad lineup, but not one of few that comes along every now and then that has me considering going.

To my group of friends SOAD are one of our all time favourite bands, we have all seen them everytime they come to the UK and ill tell you what I never get sick of hearing they are announced haha.

5 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

To my group of friends SOAD are one of our all time favourite bands, we have all seen them everytime they come to the UK and ill tell you what I never get sick of hearing they are announced haha.

If you've been to Download you'll know the reaction any SOAD song gets at the place. If they're available and it's been long enough (3 years is long enough) it would be mad not to book them. And even those moaning right now that it's an uninspired booking will be singing a long to every word of Toxicity, I guarantee you.

A new album would probably stop a lot of the moaning, but it's not coming so whatever.

Edited by madmaninabox

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think the problem is that booking the same bands on repeat will eventually push frequent goers away to other festivals.

its a catch 22, Download can’t do anything about the small pool of acts that it has.

Its a problem that I can’t see being fixed unless the entire music market changes tbh.

It literally can. They could have given Bring me the Horizon, Blink, Green Day, Alterbridge, A Day to Remember, or even Korn the opportunity to headline.

And even though they have been on rotation at other festivals, even Foo Fighters, RHCP etc would surely have been better than the same old drivel?

1 minute ago, madmaninabox said:

If you've been to Download you'll know the reaction any SOAD song gets at the place. If they're available and it's been long enough (3 years is long enough) it would be mad not to book them. And even those moaning right now that it's an uninspired booking will be singing a long to every word of Toxicity, I guarantee you.

A new album would probably stop a lot of the moaning, but it's not coming so whatever.

Honestly don't think they should do a new album, its been so long there no point in ruining their legacy.

Just now, Traher666 said:

It literally can. They could have given Bring me the Horizon, Blink, Green Day, Alterbridge, A Day to Remember, or even Korn the opportunity to headline.

And even though they have been on rotation at other festivals, even Foo Fighters, RHCP etc would surely have been better than the same old drivel?

The thought of any of those bands headlining would deter me from the festival.

Just now, Traher666 said:

You assume the other 5 are even available. 

The only one announced for the festival of that list is Korn.

3 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

You assume the other 5 are even available. 

The only one announced for the festival of that list is Korn.

Appreciate it from this stand point.

4 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

The thought of any of those bands headlining would deter me from the festival.

You are one person, there are plenty of people that would be happy with any of those.