Download 2020

gabrielomachado

8 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Aye but did anyone actually see Copping's Insta hints :lol:.

I genuinely thought Blink were likely anyway, and System are more or less nailed on since they're doing most of the Euro fests around the same time.

Biffy is the only left field one out of the three in my opinion and I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility, they already did Isle of Wight so are looking at festivals and there's a new album on the way apparently. Can't see Glasto having them headline and I think they're better off waiting for Reading after the new album so Download would make sense.

Just now, The All Round Ball :| said:

no what hints? or am I being stupid ?

He puts things on Instagram and deletes them, did it last year for loads of bands and apparently did a few this time but there's seemingly no evidence.

Just now, madmaninabox said:

Anyone reckon Priest could be given a headline slot?

Sub or second headliner probably. 

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Talk on another forum at AC had posted an eye blinking (Blink-182), a chandelier (Biffy - Black Chandelier), and an aerial (System). No-one screenshots or anything tho.

The Biffy One was a jigsaw piece (The Puzzle) wasn't it. Single poster posted all three as well. Last year there was loads of people posting it at the same time.

Reckon it's bollocks. You'd expect a screenshot.

Edited by madmaninabox

1 minute ago, R Shah said:

Cant be Biffy and system again surely 

Just now, madmaninabox said:

Single poster posted all three as well. Last year there was loads of people posting it at the same time.

Reckon it's bollocks.

Yeah I don't believe it. At least blink-182 would be something new. And I'd prefer Biffy to almost all of the other bands rumoured. 

16 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Cant be Biffy and system again surely 

I'd would be shocked if he booked Biffy again, but if so I don't think the options for jumping out this year, they only played in 2017, Reading only got them again after 3 years as needed a late booking apparently and they appeal there much more so.

I know this is my first comment here, so it may be overlooked but i'm not making any predictions.

I think everyone needs to be realistic and look at SOAD (annoyingly) being announced along with bands that won't be headlining; Korn, Judas Priest etc.

As for the other 2 headliners, we don't have much to go on;
Kiss - just finished a tour in the UK that didn't sell well. not a smart move but could easily be booked.
Muse - just finished some UK dates, but said they won't be playing the UK for a while at the end of Birmingham show (I was there, in case you are curious about how I know).
AC/DC - got absolutely nothing to go on except the talk of a potential new album.
Iron Maiden - No album since 2016, could be working on something and also just finished the US leg of their LotB tour, so timing works.
Metallica - complete speculation as nobody has anything to go off for this.
Biffy - I wouldn't mind this but if the sales were as poor as we were led to believe, it may not be the best idea and I fell Blink would also fall under this banner of bad sales

Edited by Josho1182

5 minutes ago, Josho1182 said:

I know this is my first comment here, so it may be overlooked but i'm not making any predictions.

I think everyone needs to be realistic and look at SOAD (annoyingly) being announced along with bands that won't be headlining; Korn, Judas Priest etc.

As for the other 2 headliners, we don't have much to go on;
Kiss - just finished a tour in the UK that didn't sell well. not a smart move but could easily be booked.
Muse - just finished some UK dates, but said they won't be playing the UK for a while at the end of Birmingham show (I was there, in case you are curious about how I know).
AC/DC - got absolutely nothing to go on except the talk of a potential new album.
Iron Maiden - No album since 2016, could be working on something and also just finished the US leg of their LotB tour, so timing works.
Metallica - complete speculation as nobody has anything to go off for this.
Biffy - I wouldn't mind this but if the sales were as poor as we were led to believe, it may not be the best idea and I fell Blink would also fall under this banner of bad sales

Doubt Muse will ever do Download again, it's ticked off and they fit the Reading and Glastonbury gigs mucj better.

Blink might be better overall sound wise under Skiba but with Tom they sell well but I still don't see it...their own shows and Reading work much better. 

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Doubt Muse will ever do Download again, it's ticked off and they fit the Reading and Glastonbury gigs mucj better.

Blink might be better overall sound wise under Skiba but with Tom they sell well but I still don't see it...their own shows and Reading work much better. 

The only thing with this logic is that it implies R&L after these bands too, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't fussed about Blink or think it's too soon for Muse. The same applies to Biffy who were mentioned earlier in the thread as another band R&L are after.

Edited by jump