Download 2020

gabrielomachado

8 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Why? SOAD have a much winder audience base than those bands.

Future proofing the festival. FFDP drew a massive crowd last time they played from what I've read and have just sold out standing at wembley arena instantly. BMTH would pull in a big crowd. And to be honest with SOAD having only played 3 years ago and not released any new material I think a lot of people will just not be all that excited by the prospect of them. 

If you've got two bands in the league your talking about your going to shift tickets like mad, so you might as well reward hard work and rising stars on the last day. I know Download doesn't work in that sort of idealistic way but it would make sense in that situation.

Or even bump a band like Korn up.

Edited by madmaninabox

12 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

Future proofing the festival. FFDP drew a massive crowd last time they played from what I've read and have just sold out standing at wembley arena instantly. BMTH would pull in a big crowd. And to be honest with SOAD having only played 3 years ago and not released any new material I think a lot of people will just not be all that excited by the prospect of them. 

If you've got two bands in the league your talking about your going to shift tickets like mad, so you might as well reward hard work and rising stars on the last day. I know Download doesn't work in that sort of idealistic way but it would make sense in that situation.

Or even bump a band like Korn up.

Korn yes. The others no, they have dedicated fan bases but not enough cross over appeal to headline to the Doenload crowd. BMTH are the most hated band in the rock/metal scene, they would put off more than they would attract.

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Korn yes. The others no, they have dedicated fan bases but not enough cross over appeal to headline to the Doenload crowd. BMTH are the most hated band in the rock/metal scene, they would put off more than they would attract.

In fairness though you have 2nd stage headliners to compensate for weaker headliners, I'd hate to imagine Download with just a mainstage as it's hard enough to get a full day out of it already.

33 minutes ago, jump said:

In fairness though you have 2nd stage headliners to compensate for weaker headliners, I'd hate to imagine Download with just a mainstage as it's hard enough to get a full day out of it already.

If you can't get a full day out of 4 bloody stages at Download you're at the wrong flipping festival. Struggle to find enough time to go back to the tent for a break in the schedule once the bands start to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

If you can't get a full day out of 4 bloody stages at Download you're at the wrong flipping festival. Struggle to find enough time to go back to the tent for a break in the schedule once the bands start to be honest. 

True, outdated rock which dominates Download isn't my thing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jump said:

True, outdated rock which dominates Download isn't my thing.

Outdated rock hardly dominates the festival for crying out loud. Unless you're expanded outdated rock to include every rock, metal and punk band for the last few decades? 

There was only 5 outdated rock bands on this years line up as far as I'm concerned.

Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Skid Row, Tesla (you can have Slash if you really want for 5).

All of whom played against somebody. And I managed to get a full day without watching any of them.

There was some other old rock bands but not outdated ones. 

Edited by madmaninabox

KORN

SYSTEM OF A DOWN

AC/DC

Friday I believe will be between Korn and Blink but reckon Korn would be better suited and well deserved. Would love to see them headline. If they don't I could see them subbing. SOAD I think are nailed, I haven't seen them and love there music. Can understand people who are sick of them, believe me I am annoyed they haven't released anything and keep playing for payday but to see them would be great. In the NOS thread, a Portuguese outfit said the next announcements 'explosive' and @DDave linked a picture of a AC/DC t shirt that relates to dynamite. Though thats not related, due to the fact they are announcing a tour and we don't have many acts it could be in the current headliner pool, I think AC/DC will be the big headliner and if so it would be a magnificent trio rivalling the Rammstein and Green Day gigs.

I want tomorrow 2pm now. 

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

KORN

SYSTEM OF A DOWN

AC/DC

Friday I believe will be between Korn and Blink but reckon Korn would be better suited and well deserved. Would love to see them headline. If they don't I could see them subbing. SOAD I think are nailed, I haven't seen them and love there music. Can understand people who are sick of them, believe me I am annoyed they haven't released anything and keep playing for payday but to see them would be great. In the NOS thread, a Portuguese outfit said the next announcements 'explosive' and@DDave linked a picture of a AC/DC t shirt that relates to dynamite. Though thats not related due to the fact they are announcing a tour and we don't have many acts it could be in the current headliner pool, I think AC/DC will be the big headliner and if so it would be a magnificent trio rivalling the Rammstein and Green Day gigs.

I want tomorrow 2pm now. 

We might not get all three headliner announcements tomorrow. Could be over the course of the week. They haven't done it for a few years but might decide too. So temper your expectations for that situation.

Really think AC/DC is too ambitious, there's been so many rumors but absolutely nothing official from the band for so long. Think SOAD are pretty much nailed. 

Just now, madmaninabox said:

We might not get all three headliner announcements tomorrow. Could be over the course of the week. They haven't done it for a few years but might decide too. So temper your expectations for that situation.

Really think AC/DC is too ambitious, there's been so many rumors but absolutely nothing official from the band for so long. Think SOAD are pretty much nailed. 

Course not, we didn't 2018 but we did 2019, who knows. I reckon we will get all three though. I don't know though I reckon AC/DC if they are touring makes them likely.  

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Course not, we didn't 2018 but we did 2019, who knows. I reckon we will get all three though. I don't know though I reckon AC/DC if they are touring makes them likely.  

If they are touring.

I mean officially there's not even any information on whether Brian is touring. The difference between Brian and Axl as frontman is probably a big factor in ticket sales.

Just now, madmaninabox said:

If they are touring.

I mean officially there's not even any information on whether Brian is touring. The difference between Brian and Axl as frontman is probably a big factor in ticket sales.

Very true. They were meant to be and we didn't hear anything. I think though, we get Blink, SOAD and Korn, Copping is finished. He needs a big headliner and for the weekend to sell well. Yeah, no Brian, for me and others its very uninspiring.