Download 2020

gabrielomachado

21 hours ago, jump said:

With Rock Am Ring not pushing KoRn to headline status I can't see Download doing it unless they are really struggling.

Download has pushed Korn to headline status in France and Australia already. I think when you look at RAR/RIP lineup, you can instantly see how it’s not 100% relevant to UK placings.

6 minutes ago, ViperPict said:

I obviously can’t give a name. But a personally connected Danish friend.

Lets hope they are right lol, i think subbing main or headlining 2nd if they play will be the spot they are given, I'd be happy to see them headline but they aren't quite big enough in the UK yet maybe in the next few years though.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Download has pushed Korn to headline status in France and Australia already. I think when you look at RAR/RIP lineup, you can instantly see how it’s not 100% relevant to UK placings.

Aussie and French Download doesn't really mean much though, if we are taking them as clues then Marilyn Manson Prophets Of Rage and Scorpions should have headlined the UK one.

Whilst there are act's bigger in mainland Europe than in the UK it's not the same thing with KoRn, an American act who are consistently popular in the sub spot throughout major European fests. 

48 minutes ago, jump said:

Aussie and French Download doesn't really mean much though, if we are taking them as clues then Marilyn Manson Prophets Of Rage and Scorpions should have headlined the UK one.

Whilst there are act's bigger in mainland Europe than in the UK it's not the same thing with KoRn, an American act who are consistently popular in the sub spot throughout major European fests. 

It’s not just that. They are an act going through something of a reappraisal in recent years. They’ve been floating up the lineup for some time despite not becoming any more culturally relevant. It might not happen but I feel like they’re a band that the festival is ready to take the chance on.

Just now, dentalplan said:

It’s not just that. They are an act going through something of a reappraisal in recent years. They’ve been floating up the lineup for some time despite not becoming any more culturally relevant. It might not happen but I feel like they’re a band that the festival is ready to take the chance on.

There's always noise about KoRn's comeback every time they release a new album. Don't get me wrong I'd love KoRn as a headliner, especially compared to some of the dire repeat bookings they have but I can only see it if options are limited this year.

It will make me laugh if System Of A Down announce a London park festival for next year.

6 minutes ago, jump said:

There's always noise about KoRn's comeback every time they release a new album. Don't get me wrong I'd love KoRn as a headliner, especially compared to some of the dire repeat bookings they have but I can only see it if options are limited this year.

It will make me laugh if System Of A Down announce a London park festival for next year.

That’s just it though. Options are getting pretty limited for Download even with a full bevy to pick from.

It feels weird to me that SOAD made it to headline status and bands like Korn, Marilyn Manson and Limp Bizkit didn’t. I know they sell more tickets and stuff but as a youth watching Kerrang, they didn’t seem remarkably more ubiquitous. For them to be bouncing on to their third Download headline slot while we discuss how weak Korn would be seems odd. :lol:

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That’s just it though. Options are getting pretty limited for Download even with a full bevy to pick from.

It feels weird to me that SOAD made it to headline status and bands like Korn, Marilyn Manson and Limp Bizkit didn’t. I know they sell more tickets and stuff but as a youth watching Kerrang, they didn’t seem remarkably more ubiquitous. For them to be bouncing on to their third Download headline slot while we discuss how weak Korn would be seems odd. :lol:

Yeah it's strang to me that Limp Bizkit aren't more likely than KoRn to headline, even though I'd hate that. There's lots of nostalgia, can pull casual crowds attention, were booked to headline Download before and wouldn't look out of place headlining mid-sized festivals. 

I reckon Butlins should stop all of their nostalgia pop weekenders with the likes of Steps and Cleopatra to start doing 00s nu metal with Limp Bikit and KoRn and give Download a run for it's money!!!

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Here’s my current, super-safe thought after RAR lineup:

KORN, Deftones, Mastodon / Z: Volbeat

IRON MAIDEN, Ghost, Megadeth / Z: Faith No More

SYSTEM OF A DOWN, Disturbed, Gojira / Z: The Offspring

First of all I'd like to start off by saying: 

LISA NEEDS BRACES!

Secondly, I'd love that line up as long as Korn+Volbeat didn't clash!!

I’m now expecting a very safe Download lineup after that RAR announcement. I wish I had waited until after the RAR drop before making my fake poster, it took too long to do another :lol: 

I’m now thinking The Offspring and Volbeat to headline the Zippo, Disturbed to take up a third down main slot and Deftones to sub if they play. 

4 hours ago, stereomike2020 said:

I didn't realised that it would be 5 gigs in a row, so that now looks like a pretty definite no.

I am expecting a Download announcement 'soon' though, unless the date gets put back.

Soon means very different things to different people. If you mean the date of the festival, that ain't being but pack. Unless you know the date of the announcement? If so do share! (Copping said the lineup was coming soon the day Rammstein announced their tickets i.e 6 weeks ago and counting).

4 hours ago, ViperPict said:

I obviously can’t give a name. But a personally connected Danish friend.

Sound incredibly reliable. ???What connection to who?

35 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

(Copping said the lineup was coming soon the day Rammstein announced their tickets i.e 6 weeks ago and counting).

Copping is full shit, take everything he say with a pinch of salt. 

Just now, Andre91 said:

Green Day aren’t playing Download. 

Slipknot aren’t co-headlining R&L. 

I feel like I’m saying these these constantly lately. 

As long as Rammstein are playing Download I'm okay with them missing out on Green Day.

Edited by jump
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, jump said:

Copping is full shit, take everything he say with a pinch of salt. 

As long as Rammstein are playing Download I'm okay with them missing out on Green Day.

??

44 minutes ago, stereomike2020 said:

No, I know that the date of the festival is fixed. Expect something to be announced in the next week :)

Unfortunately we get so many people with 'inside information' on here you aren't gonna be taken seriously on this. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I’m now expecting a very safe Download lineup after that RAR announcement. I wish I had waited until after the RAR drop before making my fake poster, it took too long to do another :lol: 

I’m now thinking The Offspring and Volbeat to headline the Zippo, Disturbed to take up a third down main slot and Deftones to sub if they play. 

Yeah I think your right.

Latest guess:

Fri: System Of A Down, Deftones, Disturbed

Sat: Metallica, Korn, Alice In Chains

Sun: Iron Maiden, Judas Priest

With Volbeat and The Offspring 2nd stage headliners. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

46 minutes ago, scrubbertheman said:

There's only ever been one guy on here who's source and input could be taken as gospel. 

Unfortunately he got sworn to secrecy a couple of years ago because, you know, Live Nation like to keep it a surprise. 

Pretty sure anyone who would know though official means rather than someone telling them off the record will had to sign something at some point to say they won't tell anyone. I get it though, it's pretty shit when a headline announcement is dulled by knowing exactly who those headliners are a month before it comes out.

2 hours ago, ViperPict said:

To the band. On a personal level.

If true then great but you'll appreciate it's not something I'm going to take as gospel. 

I could see the headline announcement coming out early next week anyway maybe after the Green Day date.People who've chosen to do Rammstein or Green Day instead will have already made their choice, anybody looking at doing both might as well know (assuming the headliners are firmed up) sooner rather than later who the draw for them to do so is. And AC's always said he likes to get the headliners out as early as he has them firmed up.