Download 2020

gabrielomachado

4 minutes ago, jump said:

With Rock Am Ring not pushing KoRn to headline status I can't see Download doing it unless they are really struggling.

Volbeat are bigger on the continent but are more likely for BOA from general opinion I've seen anyway so I wouldn't count Korn out yet.

Edited by Jericode

30 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

This Rock Am Ring lineup is great but unfortunately rules out Metallica for Download :( if they were doing a festival tour so surely they would be doing RaR because they always play there. So i think there's no summer festival tour 2020 for Metallica.

It's possible Hurricane has them instead which would block them from headlining Rock am Ring.

I reckon Download will get Green Day or Fall Out Boy, maybe both, no Midlands date for Hella Mega and they're floating about Europe at the time. 

I'd be sceptical otherwise but they're doing festival dates in and around their tour in Europe so why not? If not Green Day then Fall Out Boy don't join the tour on the Saturday, wouldn't really be much for them to stop off on their way on Friday. 

13 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

I reckon Download will get Green Day or Fall Out Boy, maybe both, no Midlands date for Hella Mega and they're floating about Europe at the time. 

I'd be sceptical otherwise but they're doing festival dates in and around their tour in Europe so why not? If not Green Day then Fall Out Boy don't join the tour on the Saturday, wouldn't really be much for them to stop off on their way on Friday. 

I doubt it myself. Download doesn't like their headliners playing their own shows and the tour dates aren't Download friendly.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bandit Tom said:

Nah, they are in Italy on the thurs, France on the sat and Netherlands on the sun. Logistically Italy then UK then France in 3 days would be pretty difficult I would think.

15 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Nah, they are in Italy on the thurs, France on the sat and Netherlands on the sun. Logistically Italy then UK then France in 3 days would be pretty difficult I would think.

It is still possible that Green Day will play I guess. However, I don't think that they would be announced until their Hella Mega tour has sold a significant number of tickets.

17 minutes ago, stereomike2020 said:

It is still possible that Green Day will play I guess. However, I don't think that they would be announced until their Hella Mega tour has sold a significant number of tickets.

For a band that have never played it before in their time of being around and chosen their own outdoor gigs and R&L again since playing in 2004, it would suggest it's not somewhere they are going to shift their arses and see it as a we must fit in there. You could put your house on it not happening given the other options around, I think Korn are 100% more likely and I dont think they have a chance.

21 minutes ago, stereomike2020 said:

If they did it would be 5 gigs in a row with loads of country hopping in-between, I mean it's possible because it hasn't not happened yet but in terms of pattern booking, logistics, promotion it all points to a no.