Download 2020

gabrielomachado

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I think it'll happen. Although my theory is that if they announce their own shows, they're out.

Yeah, I’m of the same thinking. I’m half expecting dates to be announced this week following the album release but if there aren’t any dates announced within the next couple of weeks, I think they’re Download bound. 

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

KoRn’s new album is excellent. It seems to be getting unanimous praise and rightly so. It is brilliant. Let them headline. They will smash it. 

That is indeed a fine album.

Cant see them headlining but, yes, they’d smash it due to their stage presence built up of years of playing massive shows and festivals.

21 hours ago, madmaninabox said:

Korn / Iron Maiden / KISS

Architects / FFDP / Motley Crue

Ghost / Gojira / Alice Cooper

MayDay Parade / New Found Glory / Sum 41

Korn aren't going to headline, they might sub again, Sum 41 not a chance in the avalanche tent.

21 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, I’m of the same thinking. I’m half expecting dates to be announced this week following the album release but if there aren’t any dates announced within the next couple of weeks, I think they’re Download bound. 

Of course they are Download bound, it's never longer than 3 years and Reading aren't going to beat them to the band.

System of a Down and Korn are the only bands that would make me attend a festival again, music is a funny thing isn't it? Linkin Park headlined festivals 2 years after their debut release, it took Slipknot 10 years to headline Download and Korn still haven't. I wonder if Linkin Park reformed what slot they would get at a festival?

10 hours ago, markopaddy92 said:

System of a Down and Korn are the only bands that would make me attend a festival again, music is a funny thing isn't it? Linkin Park headlined festivals 2 years after their debut release, it took Slipknot 10 years to headline Download and Korn still haven't. I wonder if Linkin Park reformed what slot they would get at a festival?

If you are only interested in seeing 2 bands than it's probably best you don't go to festivals, it saves the rest of the crowd from having to put up with the folding chair brigade or the folk who stand crossed armed throughout the day refusing to enjoy the music.

Linkin Park headline Download 4 years after their first album and R&L 3 years after, it's when their 2nd album came out. With Chester dead I doubt they will reform but they were headlining festivals only a few years ago so they wouldn't accept less now with the hype around it too.   

Edited by jump

10 hours ago, markopaddy92 said:

Keep Linkin Park as they are, they aren't going to get anyone to step in and fill Chesters gap.

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

System of a Down's first European show announced - June 25th in Finland.

Just means their 1st announced doesn't it. They've not done RAR since 2017.

Edited by thewayiam

20 hours ago, stanh said:

would appreciate any responses to this: https://forms.gle/2gNYM8QqKbMUB3Xr5

Filled in but you need a neither option for the who do you attend with. I go on my own, fuck arguing over band itineries. Selected friends because everybody at a gig's a friend though [insert soppy sarcastic yawn here]. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, madmaninabox said:

Whilst it's true they do seem to want to continue if someone else's comes along. 

I'd rather they did backing vocals for Chester to be honest, he couldn't shout like he used to anyway unfortunately. 

Jacoby Shaddix would be one of the only people I'd probably pay to go and see do it as I love him as a front man, the energy everytime is top of the pile and he'd give it his all but he's a very unlikely candidate to be asked. 

6 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

As much as I want Korn to headline with the new SOAD news I now think....

Fri - SOAD, Volbeat, Disturbed

Sat - Metallica, Korn, Alice In Chains

Sun - Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, ?

Expect that sunday very big on the oldschool rock / metal

I think you're probably just about spot on, Disturbed would play above Volbeat I'd imagine but that would sell me a ticket for the day and I need a lot to put money into Download but haven't seen any for a while now.

13 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

As much as I want Korn to headline with the new SOAD news I now think....

Fri - SOAD, Volbeat, Disturbed

Sat - Metallica, Korn, Alice In Chains

Sun - Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, ?

Expect that sunday very big on the oldschool rock / metal

Can't see Metallica being around next summer, the tour ends early next year. Probably off to the studio.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I think you're probably just about spot on, Disturbed would play above Volbeat I'd imagine but that would sell me a ticket for the day and I need a lot to put money into Download but haven't seen any for a while now.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, madmaninabox said:

Can't see Metallica being around next summer, the tour ends early next year. Probably off to the studio.

They are touring South America in April. A Euro fest run after that to wrap up would make sense for them I think.

7 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Thanks!

They are touring South America in April. A Euro fest run after that to wrap up would make sense for them I think.

It's a possibility I'm not denying that I just can't see them next year for some reason. I certainly can't see both Metallica and Maiden at least that's what killed Sonisphere.

ALTER BRIDGE / Korn / Shinedown / Breaking Benjamin / Sevendust / The Raven Age

2nd: Within Temptation / Mercyful Fate

Avalanche: Social Distortion

Dogtooth: Thy Art Is Murder

____

SYSTEM OF A DOWN / Five Finger Death Punch / Volbeat / Ghostemane / Of Mice & Men / Code Orange / Knocked Loose / Lotus Eater(s

2nd: Steel Panther / Airbourne

Avalanche: New Found Glory

Dogtooth: Exodus

____

METALLICA / JUDAS PRIEST  (special guest) / Ghost / Saxon / Baroness / Soulfly / Kyle Shutt / Bokassa

2nd: Pendulum / Mr.Bungle

Avalanche: Dropkick Murphys

Dogtooth: Emperor