Download 2020

gabrielomachado

On 8/28/2019 at 2:13 PM, gabrielomachado said:

yes but that was in that's the spirit cycle, when they were at their peak, i can see them headlining in the future but not now in 2020, we don't even know if they will still be touring

They easily could have if they wanted to, but Oli has said he doesn't like playing arenas.

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/music/bring-me-the-horizon-interview-amo-a4004506.html

“To be honest, I don’t really like arenas. It’s not easy to make the sound good, or to perform in them,” says Sykes. “Obviously it’s a great feeling to get there but I’m never like, ‘I can’t wait to play this venue.’ The problem for us is all the seats. Not many people want to sit down at our shows.”

Edited by WhoOdyssey

They don’t like playing arenas :lol: :lol: :lol:that’s the biggest load of bollocks I’ve heard all day. They love playing arenas and they love the money they get from it. If they hated playing arenas that much they would go on a tour of small venues like Enter Shikari did recently. Don’t like playing arenas :lol:

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They don’t like playing arenas :lol: :lol: :lol:that’s the biggest load of bollocks I’ve heard all day. They love playing arenas and they love the money they get from it. If they hated playing arenas that much they would go on a tour of small venues like Enter Shikari did recently. Don’t like playing arenas :lol:

I see what he’s saying though, bands like Bring Me and Slipknot definitely lose something in the seated arenas unless it’s cardiff which is fine because it’s a lot smaller than most and doesn’t have seating. I think he’s happy with the achievement of playing them but smaller venue shows are pretty much always better than arena gigs. 

To a certain point there is a comprise you have to make of big venue-small venue otherwise you will leave a lot of people unable to go to the shows, scale back stage production or end up having to do 5+ nights at every city.

I'm fine going to arena shows but I do loath the O2 arena, its so sterile compared to say Wembley or Alley Palley.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jump said:

To a certain point there is a comprise you have to make of big venue-small venue otherwise you will leave a lot of people unable to go to the shows, scale back stage production or end up having to do 5+ nights at every city.

I'm fine going to arena shows but I do loath the O2 arena, its so sterile compared to say Wembley or Alley Palley.

I’ve never been to the O2 but I can’t stand Wembley. It’s like a hangar and is soulless even by arena standards. I really like Ally Pally, though. 

Apparently there is a Green Day x Fall Out Boy x Weezer stadium tour hitting here in June so that will likely rule any of those bands out of DL. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve never been to the O2 but I can’t stand Wembley. It’s like a hangar and is soulless even by arena standards. I really like Ally Pally, though. 

Apparently there is a Green Day x Fall Out Boy x Weezer stadium tour hitting here in June so that will likely rule any of those bands out of DL. 

In Wembley you can go out for a smoke which puts it above the O2 in my book.

4 hours ago, jump said:

Pasting a table in looks fugly, but here's my first go...

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

ADTR

METALLICA

ACDC

KORN

JUDAS PRIEST

ROYAL BLOOD

ARCHITECTS

5FDP

GRETA VAN FLEET

STEEL PANTHER

LIMP BIZKIT

ALICE IN CHAINS

BILLY IDOL

YOU ME AT SIX

COHEED & CAMBRIA

OFFSPRING

ANDREW WK

CINDERELLA

THE WILDHEARTS

FLOGGING MOLLY

SIKTH

HIM

SATIRICON

TESTAMENT

As much as AC/DC would be a fine way to end the festival, I'd think if they are touring they'll be playing their own stadium gigs to maximise profits.  It wouldn't surprise me if Metallica play the Saturday but Kiss must be in the mix as well playing their very last (honest, this really is the last time, until the next tour) show.  Friday could be anyone.

Those headliners would go down like a bag of sick. Aerosmith again would be a pisstake, and SOAD returning without anything new again would be miserable. 

A lot of the other stuff makes sense though. Faith No More seem pretty likely if they're touring - could see them switched over to second headliner just to keep things a little different.

If those rumours are legit then I can’t see us getting anything new or exciting. Something like this wouldn’t be overly exciting but I reckon it’d sell insanely well: 

Five Finger Death Punch / KoRn / Killswitch Engage / Papa Roach / Code Orange / Breaking Benjamin / Trash Boat 

The Ghost Inside / While She Sleeps 

New Found Glory 

Testament 

AC/DC / Judas Priest / Greta Van Fleet / Black Label Society / Baroness / The Wildhearts / Orange Goblin 

Gojira / Coheed and Cambria 

Refused 

Cannibal Corpse

System Of A Down / Faith No More / Mastodon / Down / Billy Talent / Arch Enemy / Soulfly / Bokassa 

Megadeth / Staind 

The Menzingers 

Dimmu Borgir 

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Those headliners would go down like a bag of sick. Aerosmith again would be a pisstake, and SOAD returning without anything new again would be miserable. 

A lot of the other stuff makes sense though. Faith No More seem pretty likely if they're touring - could see them switched over to second headliner just to keep things a little different.

SOAD would be a garbage booking without anything new which is exactly why I can see it happening as people would still lap it up as it’s System. 

43 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If those rumours are legit then I can’t see us getting anything new or exciting. Something like this wouldn’t be overly exciting but I reckon it’d sell insanely well: 

Five Finger Death Punch / KoRn / Killswitch Engage / Papa Roach / Code Orange / Breaking Benjamin / Trash Boat 

The Ghost Inside / While She Sleeps 

New Found Glory 

Testament 

AC/DC / Judas Priest / Greta Van Fleet / Black Label Society / Baroness / The Wildhearts / Orange Goblin 

Gojira / Coheed and Cambria 

Refused 

Cannibal Corpse

System Of A Down / Faith No More / Mastodon / Down / Billy Talent / Arch Enemy / Soulfly / Bokassa 

Megadeth / Staind 

The Menzingers 

Dimmu Borgir 

Surely The Ghost Inside aren’t anywhere near that big? Like not even big enough to headline the Avalanche? 

Edited by Steve1000

Why is everybody dropping Kiss now? Surely nailed on. With Rammstein and Greenday doing stadiums I don't think there is room for anyone else now. People only have so much money. The zegut rumour of Metallica and the fact that DL France aren't doing day tickets suggests they are there. Probably here too. If ACDC are up to anything it could be them too. Doesn't sound likely though. I'm going FFDP, Metallica, Kiss. Not a great set for me, in fact I'd be happiest about the new headliner.