Download 2020

gabrielomachado

9 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I had an excellent time but it didn’t feel like he performance of a band ready to make that step up. I was expecting more of a stage show but it was just the same as they’ve had for ages. 

I think part the problem with A Day to Remember is that they just aren't a brilliant live band. I've seen them a few fair few times and they are just sloppy. 

I’ve just come back from R&L, and I hope to god we see the likes of Royal Blood and Frank Carter make an appearance at DL2020. It’s long overdue and they both had amazing sets. ADTR were great too, do we think AC would take a punt and bump them up to headliner in the coming years? 

Oh also, I know a lot of people were thinking that Blink might finally come to DL after something Mark Hoppus said on stage during Simple Creatures but I’ve just seen this tweet in reply to Dan P Carter about R&L...

Edited by danielle6661

7 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

More of a prediction than a wishlist. What can you see happening/not?

dl2020.png

That friday would be Download's worst attended day ever, in my view. Nothing to appeal to the trational rock crowd, traditional metal crowd or the 2000s metal/nu-metal crowd. And that's 90% of Download's audience.

9 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

dl2020.png

Yeah this looks a lot like what i'd predict actually. Killswitch Engage and Arch Enemy are too high though. And I agree with above as much as i'd personally take that Friday there aren't enough young/contemporary fans at Download - needs Limp Bizkit quite high and someone like The Wildhearts earlier on at least.

11 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

dl2020.png

very realistic apart from BMTH headlining. i think maybe it's time for Alter Bridge or A Day To Remember to get that push. i would put Korn and Five Finger Death Punch somewhere in this bill too, maybe as subs. but apart of that, excelent lineup

6 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

very realistic apart from BMTH headlining. i think maybe it's time for Alter Bridge or A Day To Remember to get that push. i would put Korn and Five Finger Death Punch somewhere in this bill too, maybe as subs. but apart of that, excelent lineup

Why would BMTH be an unrealistic headliner, but not Death Punch or Alter Bridge?

6 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

alter bridge are playing O2 arena while BMTH played alexandra palace, and i would put FFDP as subs, not headliners yet

Bring Me have done multiple nights at the O2 tho, I remember getting very drunk on the free drink in the VIP whilst they played.

4 hours ago, jump said:

Bring Me have done multiple nights at the O2 tho, I remember getting very drunk on the free drink in the VIP whilst they played.

yes but that was in that's the spirit cycle, when they were at their peak, i can see them headlining in the future but not now in 2020, we don't even know if they will still be touring

12 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

How come Enter Shikari headlined the Avalanche stage?, I think they could easily play sub/3rd

They could have. They also headlined The Pit at R&L and I think that both of the sets were in keeping with their smaller, more intimate tour they were doing last year / this year. 

17 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

that's why i think they will comeback in a major slot next year, this year they choose to play in small stages at UK fests

I think they’re going to be working on a new album next year after they finish their US Stop The Clocks tour dates but I definitely think they’ll be back at DL and R&L with big slots when they have an album ready. Their 5 sets at R&L has got a lot of coverage and praise so I think that’s done them some good putting them back in the sights of the festival. 

Slipknot sold out Cardiff general standing today within a morning, whereas i'm still constantly getting adverts for Ghost for same areana. Nothing against Ghost and good on them for doing that big a venue, just saying though it does demonstrate the gulf between the established Download bands and those talked about for future.

11 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Blink / ADTR / Bizkit / While She Sleeps / Creeper

Sabaton

Metallica / Priest / Architects / Gojira / Staind

Don Broco 

Kiss / Ghost / Greta Van Fleet / The Darkness / Alestorm

Mastodon

That’s really realistic. I can’t see it being too different to that. I do think that Gojira would either be third down main or be a second stage headliner, though. 

4 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Blink / ADTR / Bizkit / While She Sleeps / Creeper

Sabaton

Metallica / Priest / Architects / Gojira / Staind

Don Broco 

Kiss / Ghost / Greta Van Fleet / The Darkness / Alestorm

Mastodon

I would consider a day ticket to the Friday depending on the avalanche and how the rest fills out.

• Like 1

Download's biggest problem is other festivals. You know, events that want you there and want you to enjoy yourself, not just take your money and fu¢k you off. 

I've been eight years on the hop, but seeing other festivals over the last couple of years have really shone a light on it for me. 

We can debate if it's Metallica, or Rammstein, or ADTR til the cows come home, the cold truth (for me at least) is that the organisers and planners really need to take a better look at the customer experience.