Download 2020

gabrielomachado

16 minutes ago, antros23 said:

are judas priest consider big enough to headline these days? cause a lot of people think they can only sub.

Yeah only sub. Copping told me on twitter that he was unimpressed with them in 2008. Though they seemed to go down pretty well in 2015 before Slipknot. I think they would be grest before either Metallica or Iron Maiden next year.

Priest aren’t a headliner. Lots of people think they should be because of their heritage etc but they’re a sub headliner. A really strong sub headliner for Download, I think. I agree about them being before Iron Maiden or Metallica. That would be an excellent few hours if that’s your kind of thing. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2019 at 12:27 PM, Andre91 said:

Priest aren’t a headliner. Lots of people think they should be because of their heritage etc but they’re a sub headliner. A really strong sub headliner for Download, I think. I agree about them being before Iron Maiden or Metallica. That would be an excellent few hours if that’s your kind of thing. 

fair enough i guess, i would love them to sub metallica or maiden next year but then which band could be pushed for headline? am consider between korn, alter brlidge, bring me the horizon and green day at this time.

ADTR will have done 2 big US tours by the end of this year, which makes me think they're gonna announce UK Arena dates off the back off Reading and Leeds.

If they don't, I think they're pretty nailed on for DL and will do the EU June Festival circuit next year.

Otherwise, I can see BMTH doing it as a good third of their headline sets are still fairly heavy and they'd bring back old stuff for DL like APE. Also the production style would be something that DL doesnt usually see.

The size of their crowd at APE didn't look too dissimilar to the size of Tool's at DL from where I was standing...

Edited by R Shah

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

ADTR will have done 2 big US tours by the end of this year, which makes me think they're gonna announce UK Arena dates off the back off Reading and Leeds.

If they don't, I think they're pretty nailed on for DL and will do the EU June Festival circuit next year.

Otherwise, I can see BMTH doing it as a good third of their headline sets are still fairly heavy and they'd bring back old stuff for DL like APE. Also the production style would be something that DL doesnt usually see.

The size of their crowd at APE didn't look too dissimilar to the size of Tool's at DL from where I was standing...

third headline? what set they played headlining apart of APE?

After Die Antwoord's unconventional booking as a sub, and them apparently going down well, I was wondering how well a Hip Hop act on the Main Stage would be received by the crowd, especially an older one. Someone like Public Enemy, Wu Tang or Ice Cube, as classic Hip Hop acts had crossover appeal to rock/hard rock fans.

49 minutes ago, VCK said:

After Die Antwoord's unconventional booking as a sub, and them apparently going down well, I was wondering how well a Hip Hop act on the Main Stage would be received by the crowd, especially an older one. Someone like Public Enemy, Wu Tang or Ice Cube, as classic Hip Hop acts had crossover appeal to rock/hard rock fans.

Download has a problem with booking dinosaur rock acts, let’s not extend that to dinosaur hip hop acts. 

BMTH could definitely headline next year. I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on the APE sales as every day apart from one sold badly. AC himself even said at this year’s festival that they are absolutely still a future headliner in his eyes. Lots of people have been choosing to ignore this. 

• Upvote 1

AC says a lot. Things like SOAD can't headline now that they've accepted a sub slot at L/R and Babymetal will never play Download. Fact is that BMTH and every other metal core fanboi's darlings the Architects sold less than 4k tickets at APE. They had to give them away to stop it being an even bigger disaster. Ask yourself the question would this have been the case for any other existing DL headliner. They can't sell out their tour and they are not a big draw. Their time has been and gone. Unless a real headline sized band drops out and they fill in.

‘The Architects’ :lol: 

Yeah, on that day, IDLES didn’t sell more than ‘4k’ tickets (Where is this confirmed btw? A random poster on here?) either, they can’t shift anything can they? 

BMTH sold more tickets on their last tour than Parkway Drive who people seem to be suggesting as headliners (they’re way off headlining). Parkway had about 6/7k at Nottingham. 

7 hours ago, devilman said:

AC says a lot. Things like SOAD can't headline now that they've accepted a sub slot at L/R and Babymetal will never play Download. Fact is that BMTH and every other metal core fanboi's darlings the Architects sold less than 4k tickets at APE. They had to give them away to stop it being an even bigger disaster. Ask yourself the question would this have been the case for any other existing DL headliner. They can't sell out their tour and they are not a big draw. Their time has been and gone. Unless a real headline sized band drops out and they fill in.

lol ffs they're in their early 30's... They could be headlining in 20 years for all we know. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, lexiins said:

£2.5 tix? 

When Bring Me The Horizon headlined All Points East it just become them giving away thousands of tixs due to poor sales. There were competitions where you win just by entering them plus seat filling services, phone providers and others were selling tixs for an admin fee of £2.50. 

Worth noting that O2 priority were literally giving them away for every act on the second weekend. This included BMTH, Mumford and Sons and Bon Iver. Wouldn't say poor sales for this is truly indicative of a bands ability to headline festivals as you could argue these 3 could headline various festivals across the UK and Europe.