Download 2020

gabrielomachado

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Have they actually? ? I thought they’d just disappeared. If they’ve officially split that sucks. I saw them a bunch and they were always great. 

Well the lead singer officially quit but then band haven't officially split even though the rest of them went off to create a new band and have not touched the Gnarwolves name since. Tbh they aren't really big enough to have a big farewell tour, huge news about their shocking break up etc. I'm completely guessing it might be connected to some Me Too stuff one of them (the drummer?) was involved in which is why it was so quiet.

Edited by jump

10 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Gnarwolves have not officially "split up", however the members are doing other things for the time being.

That’s sounds like someone who wants to finish with someone but wants to let them down gently. Haha.

’We’re not splitting up,hun, I just need to do other things for the time being’

10 minutes ago, jump said:

Well the lead singer officially quit but then band haven't officially split even though the rest of them went off to create a new band and have not touched the Gnarwolves name since. Tbh they aren't really big enough to have a big farewell tour, huge news about their shocking break up etc. I'm completely guessing it might be connected to some Me Too stuff one of them (the drummer?) was involved in which is why it was so quiet.

Ahh I see. I was aware of the stuff surrounding one of the members. 

It still absolutely blows my mind that I watched the open the Main Stage at Reading and Leeds in 2014. They must have a shout at being the smallest band to ever play that stage :lol:? Bizarre booking. They just never seemed to get any bigger. I saw them in October 2017 in Bedford in front of about 50 people and that was the last time I saw them. 

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Ahh I see. I was aware of the stuff surrounding one of the members. 

It still absolutely blows my mind that I watched the open the Main Stage at Reading and Leeds in 2014. They must have a shout at being the smallest band to ever play that stage :lol:? Bizarre booking. They just never seemed to get any bigger. I saw them in October 2017 in Bedford in front of about 50 people and that was the last time I saw them. 

Yeah, Melvin Benn is a punk fan which is why there's some off odd choices on the mainstage at times because he likes them like when Sonic Boom 6 played the main stage.

Saw Gnarwolves about four or five times at various places including a great set at the fighting cocks in Kingston, always great fun and lots of energy. Does anyone know if Thom (singer) is doing anything else apart from the occasional acoustic sets I've seen since they split up?

Just now, JSmurphy said:

Honestly think they'd go down really well - same spot as Pumpkins but maybe a little more festival friendly setlist than the latter's and I think it'd be brilliant. 

Was thinking they'd be a decent sub to a "softer" headliner like QOTSA. And unlike that Pumpkins set they seem to cram in as many classics as possible, their Glasto setlist in 2014 was about as perfect as it could be for an hour or so slot.

Main: ALTER BRIDGE / Korn / Five Finger Death Punch / Breaking Benjamin / Sevendust / The Raven Age / Zeal & Ardor

Zippo Encore: Sabaton / Airbourne

Avalanche: Simple Plan

Dogtooth: Dimmu Borgir

Main: METALLICA / Judas Priest / Volbeat / Rival Sons / In Flames / Code Orange / Turnstille / Bokassa

Zippo Encore: Don Broco / Killswitch Engage

Avalanche: NOFX

Dogtooth: Perturbator

Main: GREEN DAY / Architects / The Offspring / Neck Deep / Bad Religion / Ghostemane / SWMRS / Lotus Eater

Zippo Encore: Ghost / Mercyful Fate

Avalanche: Asking Alexandria

Dogtooth: Exodus

See Metallica have announced shows in South America in April.  Suppose it suggests they might be active next summer and a reasonable shout to headline. Can’t see it being Maiden unless it’s a final UK date for the legacy tour.