Download 2020

gabrielomachado

4 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

I've just realised that Copenhell is also the same weekend as Hellfest and Graspop, which is the weekend after Download. Given how relatively close all 3 of those festivals are its gonna be tempting for bands to do all 3 I think so could lead to some big names being available for Download! 

some of these festivals have released something? i only saw rumours for hellfest

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

some of these festivals have released something? i only saw rumours for hellfest

Oh Copenhell have Merciful Fate but that doesnt mean much for the rest given that band are Danish. Im more getting at that given Download weekend is Nova Rock too and week before is Rock AM/IM I think more bands than usual are going to be tempted to do a European Festival run as these big ones are clustered together in a 3 week space this year. Doing all 7 fests in 3 weeks would be one hell of a festival run for any band so its gotta be tempting managers and labels!

On 11/15/2018 at 3:08 PM, gabrielomachado said:

Too soon? obviously, but Reading lineup topics starts even early so i guess I'll do the same for DL

my (very, very) early predictions

Alter Bridge / Parkway Drive / Greta Van Fleet 

2nd: The Offspring or Scorpions (i thought about someone already stabilized to compete with the new bands on top of the bill)
_________
Metallica / Ghost / Alice In Chains

2nd: Sabaton (finishing before Metallica)
_________

Iron Maiden / Architects / Five Finger Death Punch

2nd: Don Broco or Enter Shikari

i guess it's time to Alter Bridge finally headline, what i think they should have done in 2017 if it wasn't for Aerosmith. there's an urgent need of new blood headlining. Metallica can be doing something similar that Guns N'Roses did, playing stadiums and coming back on the following year to do festivals, so i think we can see them finally playing after 4 years on a row of speculations. And Iron Maiden could be there as well just because they never stop touring :P 

Agree ref new blood are Alter bridge main stage headliners definitely 2nd stage headliners?? Bring me the horizon maybe, Bullet 4 my Valentine, I’d say maybe even Five finger death Punch and you have them billed 3rd.  Metallica said they’re not doing festivals anymore but would love them too as I refuse to pay there over inflated stadium ticket prices (Twice the price of Maiden and the thought put into there show compared to Maiden 0) Maiden are a real possibility, there are string Rumours AC/DC will do the whole festival scene, eventually Foo Fighters will headline download, I’m struggling past the names mentioned, definitely WONT BE Rammstein as they play Cardiff the same weekend !! 

17 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Im more getting at that given Download weekend is Nova Rock too and week before is Rock AM/IM I think more bands than usual are going to be tempted to do a European Festival run as these big ones are clustered together in a 3 week space this year. Doing all 7 fests in 3 weeks would be one hell of a festival run for any band so its gotta be tempting managers and labels!

FYI, it's like this every year.

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Metallica to be the ones doing very festival on that June/July festival circuit. 

Glastonbury weekend is a no-fly zone on the Metallica schedule, if that makes any difference.

Genuinely can’t see them taking Hardwired into another summer. Think they’ll have next summer off, barring a potential guest slot at Glastonbury.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Glastonbury weekend is a no-fly zone on the Metallica schedule, if that makes any difference.

Genuinely can’t see them taking Hardwired into another summer. Think they’ll have next summer off, barring a potential guest slot at Glastonbury.

I know Lars loves the place but have any of the others shown any real desire to return, and during their rare down time at that? I’m all for team #metallicasecretset but can also only really see it happening when they’re touring, which I agree seems unlikely.

MS: QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, Royal Blood, Ghost, Greta Van Fleet, Mastodon, Therapy? Alien Ant Farm, Puppy                                             

Zippo: Don Broco, Twin Atlantic, Rat Boy, Perry Farrell, Lit,                                                                                                                                                    

Avalanche: Refused, Comeback Kid, Basement, Dune Rats, Petrol Girls, Brutus, Free Throw                                                                                       

Dogtooth: Carpenter Brut, GosT, Rolo Tomassi, Krokodil 

MS: METALLICA, Nine Inch Nails, Gojira, Airbourne, While She Sleeps, Black Peaks, Bokassa, Employed To Serve                                                 

Zippo: Alice Cooper, Shinedown, Devildriver, Daughters                                                                                                                                                       

Avalanche: The Ghost Inside, Gallows, Drug Church, Single Mothers, Trash Boat                                                               

Dogtooth: Ho9909, Venom Prison, Brutality Will Prevail

MS: A DAY TO REMEMBER, Korn, Enter Shikari,Sum 41, Slaves, Babymetal, Death From Above, Milk Teeth, Counterfeit, Black Futures               

Zippo: Deftones performing White Pony, Idles, Hatebreed                                                                                                                                                   

Avalanche: Alkaline Trio, FIDLAR, PUP, Can't Swim, WSTR, Palm Reader, Murder Capital                                                                                               

Dogtooth: The Black Queen, Ceremony, Cold Cave, Limp Bizkit (Secret Set)

Edited by Alex Winstone

8 hours ago, huntyyy said:

FYI, it's like this every year.

Had totally not realised it was the same this year!? Though Hellfest and Copenhell's profile's have deffo been raised recently. Anyway i'm deffo also thinking Metallica will come over and smash those 7 festivals out, makes sense for them to end their Hardwired tour with some festival dates.

6 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

new prediction

A Day To Remember or System Of A Down / Architects / Limp Bizkit / Sum41

2nd: Sabaton

____

Metallica / Alter Bridge / Five Finger Death Punch / Mastodon / Gojira

2nd: Don Broco or Frank Carter

____

Iron Maiden / Judas Priest / Mercyful Fate / Airbourne

2nd: Greta Van Fleet (finishing before Maiden)

Please not SOAD. They looked so bored in 2017.

• Upvote 1