Download 2020

gabrielomachado

4 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Do we think that Rammstein will play London the same weekend as Download? 

Looks like that is the only weekend free? 

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/mysterious-rammstein-graffiti-shows-up-on-london-landmarks/

Or they are gonna do something end of this summer. Last weekend of August they have free. (Just speculating...and hoping).

I think that they're announcing an album and a world tour. They've been spotted going in and out of the studio for months and months so I think the album is ready to go. In terms of a tour, I could potentially see them announcing stadium dates, those selling out in a flash and then, if Download have managed to get them again, them being announced for Download in October/November. If there is any act that could play both stadiums and Download, it is AC/DC. I do, however, think it is unlikely that they will do both and it will be one or the other. 

It might be worth mentioning again that after taking a year off, Download Paris is back next year as a weekend -ticket-only festival. Maybe Download has signed AC/DC up for the UK, French and Spanish Downloads for a massive fee. Or maybe they haven't done that at all because there is more money to be made doing stadiums in each of those countries :P 

Edited by Andre91

13 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

I'm really hoping something comes a bit out of left field. I think Download is starting to get a bit stagnant, but then that's personal preference.

There are a few rock acts that could headline Download that haven't. Korn obvs been discussed. Pearl Jam and Nine Inch Nails two obvious ones with massive fanbases. Placebo could do it if they did friday with a band like Metallica or Iron Maiden doing one of the other nights. They have a huge established fanbase after all even if 'the kids' don't know then well. I'd quite like The Cure or Depeche Mode too, again as with Placebo if you had big metal bands doing the other nights it would work. 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

There are a few rock acts that could headline Download that haven't. Korn obvs been discussed. Pearl Jam and Nine Inch Nails two obvious ones with massive fanbases. Placebo could do it if they did friday with a band like Metallica or Iron Maiden doing one of the other nights. They have a huge established fanbase after all even if 'the kids' don't know then well. I'd quite like The Cure or Depeche Mode too, again as with Placebo if you had big metal bands doing the other nights it would work. 

Placebo couldn't headline Download now, I don't think The Cure or Depeche Mode would either.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, she bangs the drums said:

Do we think that Rammstein will play London the same weekend as Download? 

Looks like that is the only weekend free? 

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/mysterious-rammstein-graffiti-shows-up-on-london-landmarks/

If they are doing a show at the same time as Download that's insane, it's going after the same audience but on the other hand if it's London park show I could probably get cheap last min tixs.

42 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Placebo couldn't headline Download now, I don't think The Cure or Depeche Mode would either.

Over 2016 and 2017 Placebo played multiple arena's. Over the years they've built a loyal UK fanbase who always turn out for their shows. In terms of a Download crowd like I said they could do friday I think as long as big metal bands played other 2 days. Placebo, Metallica, System Of A Down would be a decent 3 as far as Download is concerned. Still, i'd probs try to get them to sub 1st, below Nine Inch Nails would be a great match.

Edited by Spiral_Low

Placebo could headline the Zippo and that’s about it. 

System Of A Down can stay away unless they have a new album. I don’t particularly want to see a bunch of guys up there phoning it in who would clearly rather be anywhere else than on stage together (except Shavo. I could watch stoked Shavo all day). 

11 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Over 2016 and 2017 Placebo played multiple arena's. Over the years they've built a loyal UK fanbase who always turn out for their shows. In terms of a Download crowd like I said they could do friday I think as long as big metal bands played other 2 days. Placebo, Metallica, System Of A Down would be a decent 3 as far as Download is concerned. Still, i'd probs try to get them to sub 1st, below Nine Inch Nails would be a great match.

They are very much a band who have a loyal fan base at their own gigs. 2017 was not an arena tour, 2016 was a 20 years of tour so they could push the boundaries a little, I was at Birmingham in the December I'd that tour and they weren't using all the standing space at all. I think they could play one above the Zippo personally which is 3rd at the max but not more than that. As a standard touring band they are an academy band now.

6 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

at this point i'm thinking of either Alter Bridge-System Of A Down-Green Day or Alter Bridge-System Of A Down-Iron Maiden as the headliners

SOAD are sucking live since 2013 but they always bring on a huge crowd

I'm kind of expecting straight SOAD, Maiden and Metallica....If them 3 are available I don't see why they would choose different.

50 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Maybe Placebo headlining is a strech but no more that A Day To Remember or Alter Bridge.

A Day to Remember (& to a lesser extent Alter Bridge) are on the up though, playing bigger venues & higher slots at festivals each time they tour... Placebo have peaked & dropped down from where they were in 05-07 when they possibly could have been considered a headliner. 

I say that as a fan of Placebo & not of the other two. 

17 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Placebo could headline the Zippo and that’s about it. 

System Of A Down can stay away unless they have a new album. I don’t particularly want to see a bunch of guys up there phoning it in who would clearly rather be anywhere else than on stage together (except Shavo. I could watch stoked Shavo all day). 

Funnily enough I thought they were going through the motions and totally bored at Download.  Saw them two weeks later at Rock Werchter and it was like watching a different quartet of people on stage.  They were fantastic.

Placebo's time has been and gone. A Day to Remember were on the rise when they were last about so it'll be interesting to see if they can stick with that.

Alter Bridge's tour is doing okay, and will probably be boosted when the album comes out. Whether they'll be at headline levels is another matter, but they'll certainly make a better fist of it than Placebo's last couple of attempts.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Placebo's time has been and gone. A Day to Remember were on the rise when they were last about so it'll be interesting to see if they can stick with that.

Alter Bridge's tour is doing okay, and will probably be boosted when the album comes out. Whether they'll be at headline levels is another matter, but they'll certainly make a better fist of it than Placebo's last couple of attempts.

i think between all the new headliners we consider korn makes the most sence to me.