Download 2020

gabrielomachado

1 hour ago, Traher666 said:

People keep suggesting Korn. They have subbed a few times and played the second stage (subbing), slipped to third main, before subbing again. I don't really see what reason people think Korn are going to headline all of a sudden? 

They peaked about 15 years ago and haven't got any bigger than they were then.

Well as Andre91 says there is a lot of good will towards them atm and been doing arena's. But also how many other metal bands can you think of with that many well known hits? You say they havent got bigger but thats relative. Bigger in mainstream? No way have shrunk. Bigger in metal scene? Deffo, well known across multiple generations* of metal fans.

*generations meaning the 5-10 year peroids that metal seems to go through. Like my 'generation' is the late 90's and early 2000's (i'm 34). Obvs got 80's crowd and early 90's crowd. Then got the crowd that got into metal in mid 2000's and the crowd that got into it 2010 onwards etc. Korn one of the bands that cross over all of these and have substantial fans from all (like Metallica, Slipknot, Iron Maiden).

Korn are bigger now than they were in 2011, not bigger on mainstream but in metal community. They still good live, even better than before, and there's the nostalgia thing. There's at least 2 generations of metalheads influenced by Korn, the nu-metal wave and the modern metal ones.

And they already headlined Downloads in Paris and Australia

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

They headliner arenas last time. It was alongside Limp Bizkit but it was still a very successful arena run. 

It was billed as a co-headline, not Limp Bizkit supporting them. It might have been very successful, but there is absolutely no way Korn would have sold that tour out on their own.

Green Day / The Offspring / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Babymetal / Billy Talent / The Interrupters / FEVER 333 

Sabaton / Alestorm 

The Ghost Inside 

Testament 

Iron Maiden / Judas Priest / Mastodon / Killswitch Engage / Code Orange / Arch Enemy / Soulfly / Bokassa 

Don Broco / Papa Roach 

Pennywise 

Cannibal Corpse 

KISS (final UK show) / Ghost / Greta Van Fleet / The Darkness / Staind / Baroness / The Wildhearts / Orange Goblin 

Gojira / The Mars Volta 

Pierce The Veil 

Dimmu Borgir

On 7/14/2019 at 10:41 PM, Andre91 said:

Green Day / The Offspring / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Babymetal / Billy Talent / The Interrupters / FEVER 333 

Sabaton / Alestorm 

The Ghost Inside 

Testament 

Iron Maiden / Judas Priest / Mastodon / Killswitch Engage / Code Orange / Arch Enemy / Soulfly / Bokassa 

Don Broco / Papa Roach 

Pennywise 

Cannibal Corpse 

KISS (final UK show) / Ghost / Greta Van Fleet / The Darkness / Staind / Baroness / The Wildhearts / Orange Goblin 

Gojira / The Mars Volta 

Pierce The Veil 

Dimmu Borgir

I would fuck with this pretty hard, but there is no way Dimmu Borgir would play that low down.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:47 PM, Traher666 said:

It was billed as a co-headline, not Limp Bizkit supporting them. It might have been very successful, but there is absolutely no way Korn would have sold that tour out on their own.

I went to this tour and got the impression the only reason limp bizkit were on first was to get people in the venue earlier and sell more beer. Would happily watch korn but can't see them getting the top spot.

5 hours ago, Sparticus said:

I went to this tour and got the impression the only reason limp bizkit were on first was to get people in the venue earlier and sell more beer. Would happily watch korn but can't see them getting the top spot.

I'm 110% positive Korn will not headline.