Download 2020

gabrielomachado

20 minutes ago, jump said:

So Rammstein look like a given. For their 2020 European summer tour they have a Belfast date but no other UK ones and are free for Download fest. 

I'm seeing them tomorrow, it's gonna be fucking brilliant!

They will announce English dates after the MK show, I’m certain. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They will announce English dates after the MK show, I’m certain. 

MK sold out instantly, I'm not sure they'd would hold back an announcement for that since they have also already announced Belgium/Poland/Sweden etc 2020 dates when they have Belgium/Poland/Sweden etc 2019 dates to play still.

Logistically with the Belfast date a few days after Download they'd be fucking themselves over playing in the UK the same time as Download or making multiple journeys to the UK with their huge amount of equipment they have.

• Upvote 1

Rammstein not only have a gap across the Download dates followed by a date in Belfast but also a gap across the Hellfest and Graspop 2020 dates (they are same weekend in 2020). 3 huge metal festivals all around the same time that Rammstein have dates free for. Nova Rock dates free too (same weekend as Download).  Be suprised given all the free days across the 2 weeks those 4 festivals are held if they didnt show up at any of them. 

Edited by Spiral_Low

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Saw Royal Blood have UK show announcements tomorrow, which brought me to think they haven't been mentioned much on here. 

Surely they'd go down great as a sub/Zippo Headliner (perhaps even too big for the latter)?

They’ll probably be small Reading and Leeds warm up shows. 

I think that Royal Blood would absolutely sub the main stage. They’d be a good booking. 

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think it’ll sell really well. I’m going to go for seats in Nottingham because I want to sit back and watch the show fully. 

Ghost to headline in 2021. 

You’re always one-upping your own predictions. I was initially thinking this gave weight to your sub prediction but you’ve moved on. :P

This logic that just because a band plays or are going to play an arena means they can headline Download doesn't work. If it did then bands like Alice In Chains, Nightwish and Halestorm would be headlining - clearly they are not. 

And Royal Blood are very obviously not a Download type band.

Edited by Spiral_Low

37 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

Royal blood are much heavier than kasabian. they played rock in rio 2015 on the same day as Metallica, Korn and Mötley Crüe and they did it very well

Course they are. They’re heavier then a good proportion of bands that play here, but I think most of their fan base aren’t the type to go to Download.

• Like 1

Very surprised at the lack of mentions of Volbeat! Could easily be second on the bill or headlining Z.

It would be great to a 'classic rock' day headlined by Rainbow (40 years after the first Donnington)! 

Sleep and The Sword would be great too - maybe wishful thinking.

Myrkur again?