Download 2020

gabrielomachado

When Rammstein announce the remainder of dates then we'll know for sure, but surely it seems certain they'll do Download and just switch up the production.

Even if they weren't doing Download, judging by the time they're in Belfast, their UK Stadium shows would surely clash with Download - which would be a horrendous audience splitter.

Edited by R Shah

I think that a third down main stage spot is calling for Killswitch Engage. They’ve announced a new album for August (the first track slaps) and the tour they are doing is the same size as what Trivium did prior to their third down spot this year. 

KoRn’s new song is also a rager and their album is coming in September. I wouldn’t object to them headlining and I’m sure it would go down really well. They pull a headliner sized crowd every time they hit Donington and they are at the peak of their live performance powers. I think there is a lot of good will and suppor for KoRn at this point in their career. Hell, if there was a big metal festival in the UK in the late 90s - early 00s, they would have been a bonafide headliner for years and years already. 

If they paired KoRn and Deftones one night it would go down an absolute treat. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I think that a third down main stage spot is calling for Killswitch Engage. They’ve announced a new album for August (the first track slaps) and the tour they are doing is the same size as what Trivium did prior to their third down spot this year. 

KoRn’s new song is also a rager and their album is coming in September. I wouldn’t object to them headlining and I’m sure it would go down really well. They pull a headliner sized crowd every time they hit Donington and they are at the peak of their live performance powers. I think there is a lot of good will and suppor for KoRn at this point in their career. Hell, if there was a big metal festival in the UK in the late 90s - early 00s, they would have been a bonafide headliner for years and years already. 

If they paired KoRn and Deftones one night it would go down an absolute treat. 

Would like to see this! Both bands have been floating around the subheadliner spot for years, would be nice for them to get the opportunity to headline. Can’t see it happening though.

3 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

Sabaton subbing Maiden with Killswitch Engage as 3rd. Frank Carter or Don Broco to headline 2nd. ?

One date at Wembley doesn’t make them a sub. I think Zippo headliner would be perfect because they could have their full stage get up. 

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

One date at Wembley doesn’t make them a sub. I think Zippo headliner would be perfect because they could have their full stage get up. 

Didn't Nightwish sub after doing Wembley, or was Wembley after subbing?

5 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Nine Inch Nails worth a shout?

I'd be surprised to see them out on tour so soon, having done a lot in 2018. That said, they're one of the few bands that are 100% headliner material and haven't yet done it. And they're amazing live, so if it happens, that's a win for everyone.