Download 2020

gabrielomachado

On 4/17/2019 at 3:28 PM, gabrielomachado said:

Don't see AC/DC doing this. If they tour next year it will be their "farewell tour" thing for sure, and they're gonna do a stadium tour or something like that. Download would be too small for them in that circumstances.

I don't think you can really call Download too small when the arena has a capacity of 110,000 (I think they have a license to extend to 120,000 if needed) - that's bigger than any stadium in the UK. Plus if it's a farewell tour they could easily do Stadium dates as well later in the year.  

Download has in the past made changes to accommodate demands - Ozzfest branding in 05, allowing AC/DC their own stage in 10, allowing big headliners no clashes, Download France adding a fourth day to accommodate Guns n' Roses. etc. So I suppose it depends how badly Copping wants to book them & if there is still enough money to be made for LiveNation once everything is considered. I would say they're unlikely but far from impossible. 

AC/DC are gigantic enough to headline Download and play stadiums in the same summer and if it meant getting them on someone sort of ‘farewell’ tour, I could see Copping and Live Nation allowing both to go ahead. The appeal of seeing AC/DC say goodbye at historic Donington on a Saturday, as opposed to potential stadium dates during the week (like Metallica) would be a massive pull for a lot of people. 

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

AC/DC are gigantic enough to headline Download and play stadiums in the same summer and if it meant getting them on someone sort of ‘farewell’ tour, I could see Copping and Live Nation allowing both to go ahead. The appeal of seeing AC/DC say goodbye at historic Donington on a Saturday, as opposed to potential stadium dates during the week (like Metallica) would be a massive pull for a lot of people. 

Of course if they weren't playing Download if would free them up to play stadiums at the weekend :P

Download France is back next year in late May and apparently are only going to do weekend tickets. Obviously could just be them changing the way they do buisiness for whatever reason, but I reckon it’s because they’ve nabbed AC/DC. 

Not that it’d mean the Uk one has, mind.

new prediction

-Bring Me The Horizon or A Day To Remember
-Architects
-Don Broco
-While She Sleeps
-Code Orange
-Suicide Silence
-Crystal Lake

2nd: Gojira, Sabaton
-Idles
-Static-X
-DevilDriver
-Soulfly
-Dope

2nd: Within Temptation, Helloween
_________
-Alter Bridge (or AC/DC)
-Greta Van Fleet
-Ghost (or Rival Sons if they get AC/DC)
-Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
-Vintage Trouble
-Blackberry Smoke
-Pop Evil
-The Raven Age

2nd: Good Charlotte, Machine Gun Kelly

55 minutes ago, seant007 said:

Alter Bridge/ Killswitch Engage/ Static X

Rammstein/ Run the Jewels/ Down

AC/DC/ Black Keys/ Rival Sons 

That would be by far the weakest Download lineup since 2008. 

KSE would be fine subbing the second stage but they’d never get near subbing the main stage. 

That weird Static-X zombie thing can steer clear of Download altogether, let alone that far up the main stage. 

Black Keys aren’t a DL band. 

I think you’ve got two of the headliners though in Rammstein and AC/DC. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That would be by far the weakest Download lineup since 2008. 

KSE would be fine subbing the second stage but they’d never get near subbing the main stage. 

That weird Static-X zombie thing can steer clear of Download altogether, let alone that far up the main stage. 

Black Keys aren’t a DL band. 

I think you’ve got two of the headliners though in Rammstein and AC/DC. 

Alter Bridge WILL headline by their next tour cycle, maybe not 2020 because of a band like ADTR or Royal Blood, but they have played download every tour cycle they've had yet, and they will get the bump. As for Black Keys i get that, but you could argue that for Them Crooked Vultures in 2010, which is a very similar act as BEP. Also Copping has always kept an open eye on getting new a list acts ( Die Antwoord, Muse, etc...) to put in the spotlight as a sub headliner (or headliner), just for the record to be cleared. Getting them to Sub AC/DC would be like having QOTSA subbing Maiden in '13 as well. KSE i understand but still a big act with age.

5 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

I've seen somewhere that Alter Bridge were already scheduled to headline in 2017 but Copping got Aerosmith and they were pushed down. I'm sure they will headline next time they play, they're already big enough. All the bands who can play O2 are.

You heard right, but GNR had 1st run, it was GNR, then Alter, then Oreosmith.

Staind’s reunion might be a massive thing in the USA where they loved their meat and potatoes radio rock but I can’t see them playing any higher than mid Main or third down the Second stage over here; essentially where Godsmack and Stone Temple Pilots are this year. 

I’m with you on Within Temptation though and I think that Mastodon will either play third down Main or headline second. 

Second stage headliners I’m predicting are: 

Within Temptation 

Gojira 

Don Broco (or Good Charlotte) 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I would replace my Staind with either Broco or Charlotte, although Gojira (i love to death) i doubt will get that big of a bump since it would be their first performance there. 

I'll through Alice Cooper in the mix because of Zombie being a go - to lately. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jordie said:

Pretty sure the festival would be better with slipknot/falling in reverse/old school bring me the horizon/Metallica or some shit, just personal opinion.

Agreed BUT Metallica have gone stale IMO, and Old School Ollie will never happen again the way he is now.

Have you seen videos of BMTH live this year? Oli is screaming way more than he has in half a decade. He sounds better now than he ever did scream wise. 

I think that DL will be keeping an eye on All Points East when BMTH play. 

Falling In Reverse aren’t allowed here because of Ronnie. 

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Have you seen videos of BMTH live this year? Oli is screaming way more than he has in half a decade. He sounds better now than he ever did scream wise. 

I think that DL will be keeping an eye on All Points East when BMTH play. 

Falling In Reverse aren’t allowed here because of Ronnie. 

They may be but BMTH's gig at the end of the month that has Architects, RTJ, IDLES and WSS still looks comfortably away from sold out.