Download 2020

gabrielomachado

On 2/17/2019 at 4:05 PM, Andre91 said:

Damn you, Dental, for making so much sense :P 

Bizkit would make a good sub for ADTR, wouldn’t they. Big nostalgia act that will pull in a massive crowd that will hopefully stick around for the start of ADTR. 

Architects subbing has to happen (just make sure the logo is the right size :ninja: ) 

I think both Ghost and GVF could both sub or be third down, I guess it’s just which order you want to predict them. 

Where do you think RTJ would play? I would guess third down main or second stage headliner. 

The guy below put ADTR Korn Architects, put Bizkit below Korn bit give them both the same set length. That's what makes sense to me...given ADTR would be the weakest headliner you'd imagine.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Gommon Oz said:

Carcass, Opeth, Flotsam and Jetsam, Sodom, Kreator

Carcass and Opeth are playing this year. 

Might as well post my current prediction whilst I'm here: 

A Day To Remember / Limp Bizkit / Alexisonfire 

Megadeth 

Rammstein / Architects / Mastodon 

Good Charlotte 

Iron Maiden / Ghost / Greta Van Fleet 

Gojira 

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

after watching them at lollapalooza brasil i can say that Greta Van Fleet are definitively ready to sub. maybe even headline in the next 5 years

They're playing again then? That wasn't a long break.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:18 AM, Andre91 said:

Break? They’re booked to play loads of festivals this summer. 

They cancelled a load of shows including Glasgow to take a break and recuperate. Didn't seem to be very long at all before they were back at it. Hope they don't burn themselves out.

AC/DC are apparently ‘absolutely’ going to tour with Brian Johnson again on this next album. I think that if they’re available, Copping will go all out to get them again but I don’t think they will get their own stage this time. 

Within Temptation / Sabaton 

AC/DC / Greta Van Fleet / Megadeth 

Gojira (clashing with GVF) / Killswitch Engage 

Don Broco / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

Last time AC/DC headlined it was alongside RATM and Aerosmith who wouldn’t have been cheap but put them alongside a cheap headliner in ADTR and a standard headliner in Rammstein, along with GVF and Architects as subs (bands who are both big enough to do so but wouldn’t break the bank) and I think that AC/DC could headline again without the lineup suffering too much like I did in 2010 with the hugely reduced Friday. 

Alonside GNR, AC/DC are probably the biggest name they could get. 

Edited by Andre91

22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

AC/DC are apparently ‘absolutely’ going to tour with Brian Johnson again on this next album. I think that if they’re available, Copping will go all out to get them again but I don’t think they will get their own stage this time. 

Last time AC/DC headlined it was alongside RATM and Aerosmith who wouldn’t have been cheap but put them alongside a cheap headliner in ADTR and a standard headliner in Rammstein, along with GVF and Architects as subs (bands who are both big enough to do so but wouldn’t break the bank) and I think that AC/DC could headline again without the lineup suffering too much like I did in 2010 with the hugely reduced Friday. 

GVF to sub....did you not see the outrage from then doing that at Werchter?

49 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

GVF to sub....did you not see the outrage from then doing that at Werchter?

They’re already headlining festivals in America. They are ‘the next big thing in’ rock and they will get a massive slot. Subbing come 2020 won’t be a stretch. 

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

America is different and at this moment I doubt it. They might get 3rd.

It’s not really any different when they’re on their debut album. No promoter is going to stick a band on their debut album as headliners unless the demand is really there. 

They sold out 3 nights at the Forum in London well in advance before they had even released their debut album. That is insane and something on that scale hasn’t happened since probably The Darkness and look how big they got as quickly as they did. 

I absolutely think they will sub in 2020. 

They’ve already won a Grammy and are constantly being covered by everyone in the media. Their Led Zep karaoke has won them a lot of fans. 

20 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’s not really any different when they’re on their debut album. No promoter is going to stick a band on their debut album as headliners unless the demand is really there. 

They sold out 3 nights at the Forum in London well in advance before they had even released their debut album. That is insane and something on that scale hasn’t happened since probably The Darkness and look how big they got as quickly as they did. 

I absolutely think they will sub in 2020. 

They’ve already won a Grammy and are constantly being covered by everyone in the media. Their Led Zep karaoke has won them a lot of fans. 

Yes but you also thought Architects were going to sub this year who are below BMTH at APE who also wouldn't do anything more than sub at this current time.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Yes but you also thought Architects were going to sub this year who are below BMTH at APE who also wouldn't do anything more than sub at this current time.

Architects could have subbed this year. They are certainly big enough. 

Do you even go to Download? 

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:39 PM, Andre91 said:

I don't see AC/DC doing it again, what's the footie expression "no player is bigger than the club". The wow factor is gone from having them play and I don't see Copping's ego bending over backwards (he literally talks boasts about how bands want to suck his dick to get on the line up) to have them a second time. Then again it might be his ego that wants to book them so he proclaim how great a booker he is like last time.

If they did manage to get them I would actually consider going to Download again but I'd much rather see them at Wembley or whatever stadium they play.

4 minutes ago, jump said:

I don't see AC/DC doing it again, what's the footie expression "no player is bigger than the club". The wow factor is gone from having them play and I don't see Copping's ego bending over backwards (he literally talks boasts about how bands want to suck his dick to get on the line up) to have them a second time. Then again it might be his ego that wants to book them so he proclaim how great a booker he is like last time.

If they did manage to get them I would actually consider going to Download again but I'd much rather see them at Wembley or whatever stadium they play.

Are you sure you aren’t mistaking the parody account ANGRY COPPING on Twitter with the whole dick sucking thing? :lol:  

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Are you sure you aren’t mistaking the parody account ANGRY COPPING on Twitter with the whole dick sucking thing? :lol:  

Lol it might have been that, I was told about but I think he's too much of twat to pay attention to him.