Who was the first act you saw at Glastonbury?

RichardWaller

19 hours ago, Doug85 said:

I think i seen them 3 times at 1 festival a few years back, they were on the bandstand, greenpeace and on a small stage in Shangri La. 

Beans last year at leftfield was amazing, I usually make an effort to go see his tour when hes around too

I was at Leftfield, my mate decided to have a flakey moment and almost fainted so I had to carry her outside and miss most of his set. He's playing the Cluny 9th Feb next year. I will more than likely be going, even tho I'm seeing him the weekend before.

I know it wasnt the first band I saw (although I was amazed and did explore a lot the first year and barely saw anything on the stages) but the first act I remember was The Lumineers on the other, 2016. 

It was a full on moment for me...I really love them, and had been planning/ wanting to go to Glasto for so long. I'll never forget the magic of that. Emotions.

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I know it wasnt the first band I saw (although I was amazed and did explore a lot the first year and barely saw anything on the stages) but the first act I remember was The Lumineers on the other, 2016. 

It was a full on moment for me...I really love them, and had been planning/ wanting to go to Glasto for so long. I'll never forget the magic of that. Emotions.

My first ever 'moment' was Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott in the accoustic tent 2014. I'd wanted them to reform all of my adult life, and was so excited to see them in my favourite place. It may have been a bit more of a 'moment' tho, I actually had a bit of a melt down.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:18 AM, crazyfool1 said:

just seen your post above ... im thinking this was mine too :)

As far as first performances go, it was an eye opener wasn't it? They were on West Holts 2016, did you see them there too? Not sure if they did any inbetween.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:36 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

The Darkness, opening up the Pyramid stage in 2003. Front row (Not that there was a huge crowd). They were, for a brief time, fun and entertaining.

Immediately followed by Inspiral Carpets and Echo & The Bunneymen. 

Saw all 3 headliners, REM, Radiohead & Moby, loved them all. 

Was particularly hungover that morning, don't recall hearing em before then. Quite a rude awakening, that one. Entertaining though.

Thanks everyone, love reading people's recollections, however hazy they might be sometimes..

Edited by RichardWaller

On 11/14/2018 at 11:36 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

The Darkness, opening up the Pyramid stage in 2003. Front row (Not that there was a huge crowd). They were, for a brief time, fun and entertaining.

Immediately followed by Inspiral Carpets and Echo & The Bunneymen. 

Saw all 3 headliners, REM, Radiohead & Moby, loved them all. 

Second year there for us....lashed it down Friday morning as I remember...wanted to see BRMC on Other Stage but took shelter instead in that place on the right going from Pyramid to Other (looked like a big Western saloon bar?) and then emerged in time for the Bunnymen.

I've also got a photo of Mrs P and her friend sitting on a bench in what was Jazz World on Thursday evening.....the place is deserted but for about 25 people....what the hell happened since!

On 11/14/2018 at 11:16 AM, crazyfool1 said:

not 100% sure but it was 2002 and im guessing a pyramid act so think it was probably these as I would have been pyramid orientated a bit more in those days 

I

Yep...same for us.  In hindsight we wish we'd ventured further much earlier in our GF career...lack of Pyramid interest doesn't bother us at all these days.