Jump to content

Who was the first act you saw at Glastonbury?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some nonce..     (Rolfy)

Thursday 2008 I arrived on site via Red Gate around 4:30pm due to Eastern road closures and was somehow allowed to drive my 106 from Pyramid to Acoustic back stage bar where I was booked to be both so

not 100% sure but it was 2002 and im guessing a pyramid act so think it was probably these as I would have been pyramid orientated a bit more in those days  Shibusashirazu Orchestra I

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Pretty sure mine was Rolf Harris. Did he play in 2007?

Wikipedia says no - had a quick look because I also saw him but it must have been in 2009 for me.

I really can’t answer this question as I just can’t recall at all. My first couple of Glastonbury’s are really hazy. Having an educated guess, it could have been the Ting Tings on the JP in 2008. We spent loads of time at the JP that year as we’d camped on Michael’s Mead and we deffo saw MGMT who came on after.

MGMT and Vampire Weekend were my highlights from 2008 and I’ve loved them ever since.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

 

MGMT and Vampire Weekend were my highlights from 2008 and I’ve loved them ever since.

YES. I'd never heard/seen MGMT before, saw them at The Park not knowing a single song and they blew me away. Such an amazing atmosphere. Been a convert ever since.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

YES. I'd never heard/seen MGMT before, saw them at The Park not knowing a single song and they blew me away. Such an amazing atmosphere. Been a convert ever since.

I'd not heard MGMT before and ended up seeing them twice I enjoyed so so much. It must've been at JP and The Park.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

YES. I'd never heard/seen MGMT before, saw them at The Park not knowing a single song and they blew me away. Such an amazing atmosphere.

Park, Saturday 2008 was one of the best runs of bands I've seen .... Last Shadow Puppets (with Jack White); MGMT; Battles & CSS.

First band I saw (I think) were Ozric Tentacles on the Pyramid, Friday '95.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fishman said:

Park, Saturday 2008 was one of the best runs of bands I've seen .... Last Shadow Puppets (with Jack White); MGMT; Battles & CSS.

First band I saw (I think) were Ozric Tentacles on the Pyramid, Friday '95.

Oh yes I remember Battles as well! It's all coming back to me now.

Still can't remember the first band I saw in 2007. I think Kate Nash might have opened other stage potentially. I really have no idea, it's all a blur. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I'd not heard MGMT before and ended up seeing them twice I enjoyed so so much. It must've been at JP and The Park.

Yep. T'internet tells us they played JP on the Friday & The Park on the Saturday.

At The Park show Mr Andy Mgmt went crowd surfing at the end and got a thumping from security when he tried to get back on stage!

Edited by Fishman
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Still can't remember the first band I saw in 2007. I think Kate Nash might have opened other stage potentially. I really have no idea, it's all a blur. 

Is the correct response, although if it was '07 then it was blurry and wet. Very wet. (*shivers*)

Link to post
Share on other sites

2007's a bit of a blur, although I know I ran around like a mad man (boy), trying to catch as much music as I could. 

Spent most of Friday afternoon in JP. I remember seeing Tokyo Police Club, may have been there for Good Shoes.

Hold Steady were excellent that afternoon.

1208903022_Screenshot2018-11-14at17_02_56.png.8beb99535c8d1ba797d1922c04a7a61c.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Helsbels said:

The Undertones in 2005 opening the Pyramid with Teenage Kicks after the biblical storm

Snap! We needed to go back to the car for dry clothing as everything in the tent was soaked, we were camping in Oxylers. Loved every minute and haven't missed one since! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawros said:

2007's a bit of a blur, although I know I ran around like a mad man (boy), trying to catch as much music as I could. 

Spent most of Friday afternoon in JP. I remember seeing Tokyo Police Club, may have been there for Good Shoes.

Hold Steady were excellent that afternoon.

1208903022_Screenshot2018-11-14at17_02_56.png.8beb99535c8d1ba797d1922c04a7a61c.png

my first return after a 12 year gap, hot chip that night were ace 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...