Who was the first act you saw at Glastonbury?

RichardWaller

2 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

The back-stage Acoustic Bar is situated in the back stage area of the Acoustic Stage. 

Opposite the kids field top gate. 

Ah i was in a different one on the tuesday but did pop into this one on the Thursday evening. Some of the crew bars are really good. Arcadia crew bar with the viewing platform is amazing.

Yeovil Town Band in 2005.

I was 15 and went for the day. Natural reaction was to head straight for the pyramid stage.

James Blunt was on not long after.

This reminded me to look at some of the line ups from the early days I went and some of the poor choices musically I made.

The first act I heard (didn't actually see) was Mik Artistik. Having our first walk around the site on wednesday 2015 and stopped for a tea in the croissant neuf field. We just sat chatting and then we start paying attention to the background noise......its someone randomly screaming about a Cheap Watch from the Market.....it cost him 3 quid. We burst out laughing and my love of Glasto started right there. been to see him everytime since.

Edited by Starscreenbass
spelling
  • Like 1

Funny enough No I don't have a clue but it was over 39 Years ago but I do recall the highlight in 1979 which was Glastonbury Fayre's first ever Supergroup !!! - Phil Collins - Alex Harvey - Nona Hendryx { distant cousin of Jimi Hendrix } - Steve Hillage - Peter Gabriel - John Martyn - Tom Robinson all on stage at the same time but there was a second drummer but don't know his name   

you don't see many line ups like that these days.

weekend ticket was £5 { three day event }

1979.jpg.6209c50ab3770084c4c368a4212d4a89.jpg

Skunk Anansie, 1999. We just went on the Sunday - in those days they opened up the gates on Sunday and anyone could wander in. We had no idea what we were doing. We arrived and parked in some lane which we assumed was fine as lots of other vehicles were parked there. We walked down a lane and through a hedge (as I remember it) and were then inside the festival, somewhere up behind the Pyramid. Watched Skunk Anansie, had a wander round and left. Unfortunately when we returned our car was gone, along with all the others that had been parked there - they had been towed to the B&W Showground. So we spent the night hitching to the showground and had to pay £100 to release it.

47 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I saw that, was really excited for it, and they were ... just dreadfully flat. :(

I didn’t have the critical faculties to judge if it was good or bad. I had no idea what they were supposed to sound like. But I got bored pretty quickly