The most smashed you’ve ever been?? (At the festival.)

Northern Soul

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

This is amazing haha. I've not done shrooms at GF before weirdly considering they're my favourite drug ever and have done multiple times before. I have planned to for 2019 though and cannae wait :D

Oh you'll have the best time. 

I would never recommend a festival to someone as a good place to take psychedelics for the first time but if you know your way around them you'll be just fine! There is potential for one hell of a life-affirming experience :) 

Apart from some periods of sleep I've always spent the whole of Glastonbury smashed, so it's tricky to come up with a single moment. That said,  there is one incident that I remember where I found myself in an unenviable position. I can't remember what I'd taken but knew that I'd lost my mates and that it was a long way back to the campsite. Not only that but it was a very muddy year, so trying to stagger back to the tents was very difficult indeed. In fact it was so mind bendingly difficult that I thought 'fuck this' I've got to lie down. So, I lay down, face first, in very wet mud in an area where there was very little pedestrian traffic. 

I don't know how long I was there, but came around a little when I heard two blokes say to me 'Are you alright mate'? I turned around and looked up at them and fuck me, it was only two of my mates (Ollie and Shaun). I think they were as surprised as me. Anyway, they got me up and each took one of my arms and we kind of staggered / hobbled across the muddy field towards our camping area.

All good so far. On the way to the campsite there was a solitary ice cream van. I decided that I wanted an ice cream, so we all went over to the ice cream van. My mate Ollie said that he'd get the ice creams, went up to the bloke and said can we have 3 ice creams. The response from the ice cream man was 'No you cant, you can fuck off'. There was then a silent Mexican stand off while all parties took in the situation. I thought that it was particularly odd for an ice cream man to not actually want to sell ice creams, but to do so with gusto.

Anyway, my mate Ollie called him something, and we all walked off. I said to my two mates ' Why on earth would that ice cream bloke not sell us any ice creams.Surely that's the reason that he came to the festival to do'. Then the truth came out. Ollie and Shaun had visited the ice cream van the night before in a very drunken state. They asked for two ice creams and when handed them Ollie decided that he wanted more hundreds and thousands than the bloke had put on the ice cream. So, he lunged at the big container on the counter that housed them. Only all he managed to do was to push the big container of the little bits over the counter and all over the floor on the inside of the ice cream van. Apparently they then left with the bloke screaming abuse at them. It was hardly surprising that he remembered them the next night.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

*the authour does/doesn’t condone the use of psychedelics on or off the premesis of Worthy Farm.

Tale number 2; The first drug I ever took was LSD when I was 13. Dropped a tab up the local shops (Doesn’t sound very glamorous I’ll grant you, but it’s where all cool kids ((kids who took drugs)) hung out, so being 13 I thought that sounded like my kind of place) Anyway, about 90 minutes had passed since I’d dropped this “Flying Key” it was literally a 0.5cm square piece of paper with, well, a very small picture of a key with wings growing out of it on it. 0.5cm squared?? That’s fucking tiny....!!!! 90 minutes after taking it?? Fuck all....!! Is someone having a laugh?? So....... My dad drives past these shops (cool kids, drugs etc) at about half 9 at night. Spotting a quick fix to get home, i flag him down. 5 minute drive home. Arse hits the couch, brain starts to function like I’ve never known my brain function before...... Erm, night dad, and so, off to bed for a very unpleasant first drug experience and of my life. Acid? First drug? Foolish child???

Edited by Northern Soul
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Oh you'll have the best time. 

I would never recommend a festival to someone as a good place to take psychedelics for the first time but if you know your way around them you'll be just fine! There is potential for one hell of a life-affirming experience :) 

Oh yeh for sure. Definite no-no for shroom virgins. I've just put the wheels in motion for them to be grown, very excite :D

2 hours ago, EamerRed said:

Is it just me that never gets drunk at Glasto? You're drinking all day so you reach a level but I never get 'smashed'.

High on the other hand.... ?

Nah same here, I can't remember being massively pissed at GF, and I seriously, seriously love a drink. It's deffo to do with spreading it through the day. Also, it is near impossible for me to get pissed the next day after drinking heavily so it kind of continues throughout!

2005 and my first Glastonbury. 

Went with a mate, set up the tent, drank some Stella (classy) had a weed from the neighbours then off the stone circle.

Procceded to buy hash balls and copious amount of mushrooms. The boys we bought them off then gave us thier stalks as they said they were too strong for them to take. (so necked them)

So.... After a combination of all of the above (including the beer and weed)  I have a massive Whitey then feel like the whole festival is only set up to watch me be a dick!

I manage to crawl back to the tent (no idea what time but i'm sure it was very early) and i do mean crawl.

woke up by the biblical thunderstorm hours later with the rain pissing into our cheap tent to find my mate face down halfway in the tent with his legs outside.

Genuinely thought he was dead!

5 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

extreme sleep deprived hallucinations, not helped by acid

This is an amazing statement, made me chuckle.

For me, I guess mine was 2007, first Glastonbury, and first time I decided to try acid.

Was coming down off some MDMA I'd taken earlier in the evening and was sitting at the top of stone circle with some friends, who offered me a tab at around 2am. 

TBH didn't really think it was working as it was too dark to "see" anything, but as the sun started to come up I realised how spangled I really was. I kept trying to pick up lumps of mud because I'd think I'd seen something. Then I'd pick it up and realise it was just mud.

Spent the next few hours roaming around the site with my friend, which at around 6/7am was pretty much completely deserted. Met a random guy called Brett who was non sensical who stuck with us for a bit. Spent too long trying to figure out where a sound behind a tree was coming from (there was a speaker there making roaring sounds). Got told off by a security guy for rolling a spliff, ended up in what I think might have been the circus area where there were swings and a see saw, again completely deserted.

Went to bed around 8am, soaked to the bone but very happy indeed.

I never really lose control of myself when I'm intoxicated, I'm always in my right mind seemingly, no matter how much I do of anything. Exception to that is the one time I tried GHB and lost about 2 hours of my life, wouldn't recommend that one.

4 hours ago, slash's hat said:

And the shit on a plate incident?

Depressingly I wasn't actually that drunk at this point.

4 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Ha ha ha ha, lovely. Tell us more @slash's hat?

Honestly you do not want to know.

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I honestly thought you were going to die 

I wish I had done.

Ha ha ha, I’ve seen that clip before. It’s from somewhere up here. Preston or Blackburn or Chorley, Preston is sticking in my head somehow. Proper tablets he’s been on there chief. None of that floating back to you’re tent shite I was sold in the SE Corner, that fella would have been STOMPING back to his tent and LOVING it?

Edited by Northern Soul

5 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

That’s a great video that, I’ve see it before so have not watched it again, but from memory the end is fucking amazing????. Her and her fella?? Dancing away then the camera pans out and there’s just a line of blokes, obviously loads worse for wear just watching them. The end is brilliant, as are the proper old school cars you can see??

Edited by Northern Soul

Probably 2011. Must have been the saturday. Not a big drug taker, dont do it any more but for some reason started at 11 on Mandy and beer. Smiling through Warpaints set. I then went to Morrissey on my own and in all honesty, he lowered my mood almost instantly. I then stumbled over to West Holts and against all odds literally walked into half of my mates. The other half then bumped into us about a minute later. We stood in front of the mixing desk watching Chase and Status and came up at exactly the same time, as it started absolutely pissing it down. The most i've ever loved rain. Just a great moment.

• Like 1

Some of the stories are fantastic, I wish I had upvotes to give to everyone because you are all winners in my book.

Most of my messiest moments come courtesy of Regretamine (and a host of others but K always turns things up a few dozen notches) 

• Climbing up the hill at Glasto Latino and being incredulous that it was infact pretty fucking flat
  • Stumbling around Shangri - La shouting "I NEED AN ADULT" because our Adult of the group had the ketamine I needed (clearly, I did not)
  • Was partying in my mates stall in the green craft field till 7am friday morning.  Took me and my mate an hour to get back to our tent in Pennards Hill.  15 minutes of that was spent stood behind a parked up truck, waiting for it to go.  The engine was off.

This year is going to be a challenge.  Mrs Kinky hasn't been to Glasto or seen me in a state anything close to that so that's going to be an experience for her.

Nothing too bad at Glastonbury, generally I’m wrecked from Wednesday evening until Sunday midnight. Floating around a festival is pleasure.

At our local festival, which also has a stone circle, I have been dragged from the stones which my legs have been attached to, a good distance back to my caravan. Friends propping me up under both arms, smiling past security totally unable to use my legs. Also back to a tent another year during a monsoon, led on top of my sleeping bag soaking, unable to undress or get into the sleeping bag. Waking very cold and wet a few hours later.

Had a friend missing at said festival for a full day and night, only to be found in the medical tent after too many 2CI. Another in a 1 man tent unable to come out because the tripping was too intense, for him the worst bit was being stuck in the tiny tent with his TED bear fancy dress costume looking back at him.

6 hours ago, Henrik said:

The Saturday night of 2013

My mate and I had been taking MDMA all afternoon. We were pretty smashed already but as the sun started to go down we found ourselves up at the Stone Circle talking to some hippy girl. She was telling us how good the shrooms were that year so we asked her if she could get us some. 

She did. And that's where things turn very strange.

MDMA and Psilocybin is one potent combination. A wonderful combination, in fact. We all know how incredible and magical Glastonbury looks at night, even when you're dead sober. In the state we were in it was like heaven on earth. Words can't even describe how fantastic the place looked as we wandered around that night. We walked for hours and had the best time. 

Then comes loads of lost time. I vaguely remember at one point we ended up in a massive field where we were the only ones there. It was just one big empty field. If it was just me I would have been convinced I had imagined it but my friend remembers it too. No idea where that place was. 

Then in the early hours of the Sunday morning we are both just sat on the grass back near the Stone Circle. I start to feel everything beginning to wear off and i say to my friend, "maybe we should think about doing something because in a minute we are just going to be two blokes sat in a field".  He turns to me and says "well, what are we now then?" I think we laughed at that for about 2 hours straight. So, yeah, that's about as smashed as I've ever been at Glastonbury. It was wonderful. 

That’s excellent. And I thought I had a good time seeing The Stones at that night. 

2 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

That’s a great video that, I’ve see it before so have not watched it again, but from memory the end is fucking amazing????. Her and her fella?? Dancing away then the camera pans out and there’s just a line of blokes, obviously loads worse for wear just watching them. The end is brilliant, as are the proper old school cars you can see??

Found the longer version.

• Upvote 1