Lollapalooza Paris 2019

birchtree29

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

It looks like the lineup is coming next week. They just posted a tweet that says: “The desire increases when the effect recedes ... Still a little patience, the best is yet to come.
By then have a good weekend and do not be too wise!” in French

I reckon foo fighters are going to get annconed

7 hours ago, charlierc said:

While Foos do have a schedule gap, that gap does seem to be for the whole month of July. But maybe that has more to fill in.

Anyway, who else do we think is in with a shout?

I think Lollapalooza Paris, FIB Benicassim and Super Bock Super Rock are all waiting for the same headliner to announce their tour. Last year, all three shared Travis Scott as a headliner. 

From Lollapalooza Stockholm these have a chance to be at Paris as well: Foo Fighters, Bring Me the Horizon, the 1975, Eric Prydz, Greta Van Fleet, Billie Ellish, Brockhampton, Alan Walker.

Tame Impala is probably out since they are headlining We Love Green Fest in Paris.

Just now, charlierc said:

I thought The National might've been in with a shout given its the weekend after their Mad Cool and BST shows. But maybe London is the end of their line.

Though I imagine a few of those may well be lurking in contention.

They're playing Ireland and Italy at beginning of August. There's some hope for you.

On 1/16/2019 at 7:49 AM, birchtree29 said:

I think Lollapalooza Paris, FIB Benicassim and Super Bock Super Rock are all waiting for the same headliner to announce their tour. Last year, all three shared Travis Scott as a headliner. 

From Lollapalooza Stockholm these have a chance to be at Paris as well: Foo Fighters, Bring Me the Horizon, the 1975, Eric Prydz, Greta Van Fleet, Billie Ellish, Brockhampton, Alan Walker.

Tame Impala is probably out since they are headlining We Love Green Fest in Paris.

Seems like an Arctic Monkeys thing... announce every concert in one day.

8 hours ago, joaommaia said:

Seems like an Arctic Monkeys thing... announce every concert in one day.

I feel like it is related to Arctic Monkeys too.  FIB, Lollapalooza Paris and Super Bock Super Rock are all on the same weekend which will all have announcements this week. Arctic Monkeys didn't headline any of them last year and they are headlining all other Lollapaloozas in Chicago, Chile, Argentina and Brazil.

9 hours ago, AAlex said:

Foals must be likely, no French date so far and nothing that weekend. I’ve got quite high hopes for this, there’s a lot of bands that could potentially be there that would convince me to go, but I’ve been let down before!

They announced a date in Bataclan Paris on May 13 but they also have a huge gap from July 7 to July 23 which is probably reserved for European festivals. I really like Exits let’s hope they be there

28 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

They announced a date in Bataclan Paris on May 13 but they also have a huge gap from July 7 to July 23 which is probably reserved for European festivals. I really like Exits let’s hope they be there

Yeah I noticed the Paris date, have to see but would be surprised if they get announced for a festival in Paris this week before their own Paris date goes on sale next week :(

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

I reckon Foals could end up being announced after the Bataclan show if they are on the bill. Seems to be the way this seems to be done.

They might announce artists in two announcements like last year.

In 2017, they announced the whole lineup on January 17 and 2 additions on February 23.

In 2018, they announced the most of the lineup on December 15 and 11 additions on February 6.

11 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Here is the first announcement! The Strokes is a great headliner but I wish they had someone else other than Twenty one pilots. Also it looks like 2 more headliners are missing. Last year’s headliners were Gorillaz, Depeche Mode, The Killers and Travis Scott and they were all on the first row. 

9781B818-2ECE-417F-B416-7A08F3CC1482.jpeg

The funny thing is, the IOW line-up today pisses all over this.

18 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Here is the first announcement! The Strokes is a great headliner but I wish they had someone else other than Twenty one pilots. Also it looks like 2 more headliners are missing. Last year’s headliners were Gorillaz, Depeche Mode, The Killers and Travis Scott and they were all on the first row. 

9781B818-2ECE-417F-B416-7A08F3CC1482.jpeg

Absolutely shite compared to last year.