Glastonbury Memorabilia Around Your House

The Red Telephone

7 hours ago, Superscally said:

It's why Macca adopted it...and I for one, welcome our new thumb overlord.

I'm afraid that I haven't read the entirety of this thread, or anywhere near it. As a result I am at a bit of a lose as to who our thumb overload is? 

I suppose it would be asking too much for an explanation of the Macca thing is it, or are the two intertwined? *

* I have no rational reason to dislike Paul McCartney, but dislike him I do, It is insane and also possibly prejudiced. However, I just don't know exactly what any of the constituent part(s) is / are. Not a sausage. It's the same with Brian May. It almost hurts me to know he exists. No reason for it. None whatsoever.**

** - Don't get me wrong, I don't as a rule go around hating everybody. It's just those two bastards, is all.

• Like 1

Got -loads- of stuff from past festivals that I can't bear to throw away. Though I don't seem to have anything from the first few I went to in the 1990s - I guess I didn't realise how much I'd grow to love the festival 🙂

Added a bunch of ticket stubbs to a clip frame then realised I had enough to do loads of clip frames 🙂

IMG_20220724_153617010.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent stuff there from years gone by! Similar stuff here - many programmes, tote bags, lanyards, wristbands, Q, Select, Guardian, NME, Western Daily Press posters, reviews, odd one off stuff, badges, aerial posters, water bottles, T-Shirts, tickets, coverage etc all going back to 2004.

8 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

many programmes,

I've not got many programmes because, annoyingly, crew don't get given them.

However, I've recently discovered that if you go to the pedestrian gates on the Wednesday/Thursday you'll find load abandoned. For some reason people throw them away.

On 7/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm afraid that I haven't read the entirety of this thread, or anywhere near it. As a result I am at a bit of a lose as to who our thumb overload is? 

I suppose it would be asking too much for an explanation of the Macca thing is it, or are the two intertwined? *

* I have no rational reason to dislike Paul McCartney, but dislike him I do, It is insane and also possibly prejudiced. However, I just don't know exactly what any of the constituent part(s) is / are. Not a sausage. It's the same with Brian May. It almost hurts me to know he exists. No reason for it. None whatsoever.**

** - Don't get me wrong, I don't as a rule go around hating everybody. It's just those two bastards, is all.

Just a Simpsons reference to the new king of double thumbs, now the Winkler is less visible... 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Just a Simpsons reference to the new king of double thumbs, now the Winkler is less visible... 

Hello Suoperscally,

I have upvoted your post because you have provided a response to a question that I asked, Thank you for doing so. That I am now more (actually much more) confused than I was before is neither here nor there. 

However, please do not try again to educate me again as it is, I am told, not advisable. The term 'pissing into the wind' has been used to describe the situation in the past, and quite an accurate statement it is.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Suoperscally,

I have upvoted your post because you have provided a response to a question that I asked, Thank you for doing so. That I am now more (actually much more) confused than I was before is neither here nor there. 

However, please do not try again to educate me again as it is, I am told, not advisable. The term 'pissing into the wind' has been used to describe the situation in the past, and quite an accurate statement it is.

What about cuddling you? As long as you're not overly piss-drenched?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

What about cuddling you? As long as you're not overly piss-drenched?

Oh, you silver-tongued smooth talking charmer, I'm getting fucking wet from the inside of my oil skinned trousers now. Yes, I'm afraid you read that right. It has got to near biblical proportions here at this end. The H & S Executive called in and have now insisted that I must now also wear a life jacket. i already have to wear a storm proof coat, a Sou'wester, non slip wellies etc. The fishnets aren't compulsory, but they do stop my bollocks getting jangled about in the frightening sudden treacherously high waves of pissd that do rain down on me - over and over again. It is nothing short of relentless! So, yes please do come and give us a cuddle but you'll find that i'll be running the other way from you. The thing is, you see, if you voluntarily choose to half drown yourself in my piss, then I'll know that your one of those weird clients that i get from time to time -- just like that Cleveland Steamer bastard that turned up once, and totally unannounced too. How the fuck was I to know what a Cleveland Steamer is!? So, no, go away Golden Fountain Boy! 

But as go away, don't do it with a heavy heart. Every now and again allow yourself a mudslide, or two, with the laughing, knowing that I am now having to use a snorkel and flippers - as demanded by the fucking HSE!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh, you silver-tongued smooth talking charmer, I'm getting fucking wet from the inside of my oil skinned trousers now. Yes, I'm afraid you read that right. It has got to near biblical proportions here at this end. The H & S Executive called in and have now insisted that I must now also wear a life jacket. i already have to wear a storm proof coat, a Sou'wester, non slip wellies etc. The fishnets aren't compulsory, but they do stop my bollocks getting jangled about in the frightening sudden treacherously high waves of pissd that do rain down on me - over and over again. It is nothing short of relentless! So, yes please do come and give us a cuddle but you'll find that i'll be running the other way from you. The thing is, you see, if you voluntarily choose to half drown yourself in my piss, then I'll know that your one of those weird clients that i get from time to time -- just like that Cleveland Steamer bastard that turned up once, and totally unannounced too. How the fuck was I to know what a Cleveland Steamer is!? So, no, go away Golden Fountain Boy! 

But as go away, don't do it with a heavy heart. Every now and again allow yourself a mudslide, or two, with the laughing, knowing that I am now having to use a snorkel and flippers - as demanded by the fucking HSE!

I think I like this 

😄😄😄

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...