Glastonbury Memorabilia Around Your House

The Red Telephone

On 7/4/2019 at 9:28 AM, faymondo said:

Flag back hung up in my office (Left 100% at camp this year) with a free press I brought back this year.

B87E2A70-AB28-462A-81FE-1AC02CC0079D.JPG

Unless there was another one exactly like this, I’m convinced this is the flag I used to find my way back to my tent every night this year, thank you!

In amongst everything else thrown onto the bookshelves, we have a fine collection of Glastonbury mud. 

Taken from wellies/footwear/awning pegs/chair legs/etc when cleaning up after each festival, with the exception of 2005. I wasn't doing it then so it got lent a random amount of 2016 mud (and there was so much more caked under the camper van and on the awning that didn't get stuffed into a Jam Jar ).

I really must get round to displaying some of the more conventional memorabilia. At least guests might have a clue what it is. 

GlasMemoA.jpg

It's a little bit naughty (on the copyright front), but I've got a copy of this (see below) which I had a printer make up on to a large hard foam sheet (about 4 foot by 3 foot);

Image result for michael eavis + there is only one leader

I also have;

(1) A framed poster of Michael Eavis as a cartoon character which says 'Believis'

(2) I also have a copy of this (see below) which I bought off the authors mother, when me and my wife got married at their stately pile which overlooks the Glastonbury site, in Pilton;

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/venetia-deardens-glastonbury-photography-book/

(3) I also have this film (which is in my garage somewhere), which I have never watched;

Image result for glastonbury book mud

I have always meant to offer this free to someone on here, as I'll never watch it. So, I'll now take this opportunity to offer it to anybody 'out there' on this site. The first person to ask me for it on a post below, will get it. I'll even pay the postage. However, it may take me some time to find it in the garage. Fuck knows where it is in there!

(4) I also have a copy of this (see below) somewhere, which I've never read;

image.jpeg.13c7f558de6f3838704faaf1e7d45737.jpeg

(5) I also have another Glastonbury Festival book, which I can't seem to find the title of now, and don't know where it is. It's probably in the garage amongst all the shite in there.

• 4 weeks later...

We've got a sheet of high quality tarpauline in the house that we found at Stone Circle in 2017. It's come in very handy on many, many occasions. We took it back in 2019 for a reunion, plus to keep us dry in the queue and block the sun. It'll be back next year too. I'm hoping to hang off of Pangea in it but I'm yet to hear anything back.

Edited by OffshoreToon

• 3 months later...

I love these three cushions that my Dad @Kim Wrong-Un helped me to get made for Christmas.  They are made from the Glastonbury bag that we got from our first time at the farm this year and others from different years that I bought on Ebay.  They have designs on the front and back, for example the Pyramid Stage on one side and Other Stage on the other, just like at the festival.  

Glastonbury Cushions Side 1

Glastonbury Cushions Side 2

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I still cant find any wristband before 1983 but I still have the tickets from each year up to 1987 { Crew tickets were not issued for most of the years } and 20+ crew wristbands and 20+ WBC passes which are all in a box somewhere in my new flat - some day I will find them.

£21 the last weekend ticket I ever bought - and the map from the very first 3 day festival held over 40 years ago - no way then did I ever think I would be still going.

19264_o.thumb.jpg.db52b349413d7bb07dab55fda275a8cf.jpg953044_n.jpg.ab15f18e9e1eb44e4c34e09d97665fac.jpge3n.thumb.jpg.afb25a22cff5d5ba9e3a1cc553f2e227.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ive come across this  Glastonbury site  recently so they might be of use to some I really like the lightup (surprisingly ) boxes :) ... might be a nice late xmas gift to yourself or others :) 

https://www.numonday.com/shop/greenfieldscrafts-store/

IMG_20191029_201555_563-1024x1024.jpg

Made by someone off here. I should remember but having a mental block, possibly @gfest2009?

I've got all of my programmes, and most of my wrist bands (sadly, a couple seem to have gone missing), tea towels, and a few t-shirts, but sadly Mrs Elk won't let me put much stuff on display.

We have the wooded postcards from Glastonbury Postcards on the shelves.  Going to see H in the stall near Williams Green to make sure we grab one each festival an important event each year!

IMG_5208.jpg

• 4 months later...

2017 festival canvas next to a Oxfordshire map canvas both by Kate Chidley.

Ive got a 2019 tea towel I can frame to go on my staircase but I’d prefer the 2017 one if anyone has one spare I would gladly take it off their hands :)

A7BC55DB-826D-4464-9BD1-F32AA3E2D9D9.jpeg

funny that this thread should pop up today, I was working on my VW camper yesterday and found the following artifacts stashed in a corner. I think 2003 was the last year that I went in my van (it's been 'nearly ready' every festival since, but always needs a little more work ... )

2002 'Cuff Guides'

image.thumb.png.8f2023f2d4955004e75b377228adbec6.png