Muse

RarerThanDandyB

Firmly in legacy territory now, although that isn't a new development. They haven't gone away in ages which won't help. Anyone who ever wanted to see them has had more than enough chances to in the last few years alone, nobody who hasn't got around to it by now would surely be bothered about ever doing so unless they announced a BH&R tour or something.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

10 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

A band that seem to past their peak which is a shame as they made some great tunes and are solid live.

I'm not even sure they're that good live anymore, their 2004 headline set was one of the best live performances I've seen from any band on that stage, proper shock and awe stuff. As they've gotten more bombastic they've lost some of that electricity they had live.

2016 was Muse by the numbers.

10 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I have to disagree on that, BH&R is a fantastic album in my opinion. Then each album since has had 3-6 tracks I like. Nothing near the first stuff admittedly but enjoyable. 

The Resistance is decent for what it is, and would have gone down well from a new band who hadn’t spent the previous decade being much better. Everything since that is terrible, though. Listened to the latest one when it came out last week and had forgotten everything except the hilarious Timbaland song within an hour.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

9 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I have to disagree on that, BH&R is a fantastic album in my opinion. Then each album since has had 3-6 tracks I like. Nothing near the first stuff admittedly but enjoyable. 

Absolution was fantastic but for me BHAR was the beginning of the end, the slow decline into sub-Queen space jazz.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I got a shock seeing a 'HOT' topic with Muse at the top.

Don't do that to me again.  

Yeh, especially as they're at Rock Werchter and it would be worryingly easy for them to appear. 

The lineup for RW this year seems so "safe" and in many case not even that rocky...and then I think of Tool and wish there was some fucking way they could turn up on the farm

The fan mailing list sale seems to have gone pretty well. I wonder if any of the cheap seats were ever available. Come back off hol 31/5 to gatwick so an overnight would be ideal. 3 of us though and don't really want to fork out £80+ for a ticket. Going to hang on till Thurs I think and see if venue presale offers anything up cheaper.