so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

Just watching on iplayer. Unreal. Can't say I regret not going because Tame Impala nailed it, but fuck does this look amazing.

Dunno about anyone else, but he reminds me of Tupac up there. Same energy, passion and intensity and a cultural icon for London grime culture the same way Tupac was for the west coast.

I watched it with a group of people who were really getting into it about half way back and to the right of the stage. We were later joined by a middle aged black fella who made a lot of noise about how Stormzy had made it, broke the ceiling, etc. - I really appreciated it, enjoying the extra level of respect it provided.

Sadly, about twenty minutes later he managed to get incredibly offended over the pricing of vodka jellies some old lady was peddling in the crowd. He storm(zi)ed off shouting about how she’d tried to play him. Bit unfortunate really. 

Edited by kalifire

Definitely one of my sets of the weekend. I was a bit worried that as he only had one album he wouldn't have enough material to headline, but he absolutely smashed it. He seemed properly humbled and appreciative too. I can't wait to rewatch it on iplayer tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched some of his set off the recorded footage and have to say I didn't get it, no hype or buzz from me and I still 100% am firmly in that it was way under for a headline choice but that's my opinion. I know many have said about the regret about it but you watch Janelle you has her own form of rapping and performance show and for me there isn't even a comparison in the two.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Just watched some of his set off the recorded footage and have to say I didn't get it, no hype or buzz from me and I still 100% am firmly in that it was way under for a headline choice but that's my opinion. I know many have said about the regret about it but you watch Janelle you has her own form of rapping and performance show and for me there isn't even a comparison in the two.

What does this actually say?

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
22 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Stormzy’s Glasto set being picked out by lots of music bigwigs as highlight of the year: https://www.musicweek.com/labels/read/top-execs-reflect-on-the-highs-and-lows-of-2019/078424

To be fair. It was epic. 

To find out afterwards he had audio problems himself makes it even more remarkable. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.reddit.com/r/grime/comments/ejx3b2/full_timeline_of_the_20192020_grime_war_involving/

Full Timeline of the 2019/2020 Grime War (involving Dot Rotten, Wiley, Jaykae, Stormzy, etc)

renderTimingPixel.png

List of MC's/rapper's involved in this war so far:

People who have put out dubs:

• Wiley (3 dubs)

• Dot Rotten (10 dubs)

• Stormzy (1 dub)

• Jaykae (1 dub)

• Donnie (2 dubs)

• Dizzle AP (1 dub)

• SBK (1 dub)

• Afghan Dan (1 dub)

People who have been mentioned/dissed and not responded:

• Jay1

• Steel Banglez

• Skepta

• JME

• Jay Z (lol)

• Ed Sheeran

• Big Narstie, Asher D, Kano, Scrufizzer, Shorty, Scratchy, BigZuu, SASKilla, Shizz, Jammer (all got sent to by Dot and haven't responded)

• AJ Tracey

• Tinie Tempah

• Twin B

• Yizzy, T Roadz, HoodzTbe & RampzTbe (all in one send by SBK)

Start of the beef

It originally started when Dot tweeted he was releasing a dub called ‘Original Real Talk’ aimed at the Grime scene in general - Image of Tweet

He then had an issue with Jay1 because Jay1 didn’t pay him or credit him for the production of his new song called Million Bucks - Video link

Dot then carried it on by leaking Jay1’s new song in full on Insta live - Video link

Beef escalates
  • Dot then releases the first dub called ‘4AM in the Morgue’ dissing Jay1 - Video link

• Dot releases his second track ‘Original Real Talk’ mentioning 9 other rappers/MC’s including P Money, Wiley, Aitch, Tinie Tempah and more - Video link

• Dot releases a remix of Jay1’s ‘Million Bucks’ dissing Jay1 using the same instrumental - Video link

Jay1’s label then copyright claimed the remix - Image of Tweet

Dot releases Jay1’s ‘Million Bucks’ instrumental on YT saying “Copyright Claim This, Pussy” - Video link

Dot then challenges Steel Banglez to a friendly producer battle which Banglez ignores - Image of Tweet

Beef escalates even more

Dot goes on a Twitter rant stating that JME/Skepta have stolen his flow and ideas from when they were younger - Images of Tweets

Dot upoads a video with ‘evidence’ of what’s he’s discussing - Video link

• Dot releases a dub dissing JME called ‘JME Flow / 96 Bars of Revenge Remix’ - Video link

• Then out of nowhere on the same day, Dot releases a dub dissing Steel Banglez called ‘Sorry Hanji’ - Video link

Beef escalates again

Dot challenges the whole Grime scene to send for him if they can - Image of Tweet

Dot releases JME’s number publicly on Twitter because JME tried to call him to discuss the diss tracks - Image of Tweet

Dot releases a video saying where are the ‘Kings of Grime’ (bit of a rant tbh) - Video link

• Dot releases a new track called ‘19thGod’ loosely dissing JME - Video link

Dot v Wiley beef starts

Wiley jumps in on the beef and says if JME or Skepta or no one else is going to reply, he will do it himself - Image of Tweet

• Donnie jumps in on the beef as well and releases a dub dissing Dot called 'The Warning' - Video link

Dot then releases 3 separate videos containing 5 dubs within 24 hours:

• Dot releases a video containing 3 dubs in one called ‘You Man’, ‘Cokey’, and ‘Warning Shot’ dissing BBK and Wiley - Video link

• Dot then releases a 4th dub called ‘Eskimo Dance’ dissing Wiley - Video link

• Dot releases his 5th dub called ‘Bars Up’ dissing Wiley - Video link

Beef dies down for 24 hours and then escalates again
  • Dot releases a 6th dub called ‘Watch a G Shoot, This is a Celebrity Deathmatch’ - Video link

• Dot realses his 7th dub called ‘Top Boy Spitter’ using sampled lyrics from Jammer & EscoBars - Video link

• Wiley responds with his dub called ‘Curiosity Killed The Cat’ - Video link

Beef dies down again for 24 hours
  • Dot responds to Wiley with his 8th dub called ‘Curisoity Killed The Wiley Cat’ - Video link

Some fans and some rappers including Genesis disagree with a line Dot said about JME & Skepta - Image of Tweet

It went quiet again for 24 hours

Dot then DM’s 13 MC’s/rappers in the video below saying:

YOU MADE A ALLIANCE WITH MY ENEMIES! READ THIS AND UNDERSTAND THIS MESSAGE AS CLEAR AS THE SKY ON A SUNNY DAY WITH NO CLOUDS. ONLY REPLY IF YOU WANT THE SMOKE! GOL D ROTTEN - KING OF THE GRIME SCENE

The MC’s/rappers he DM’ed this to are:

AJ Tracey, Skepta, Big Narstie, Asher D, Kano, Scrufizzer, Jaykae, Shorty, Scratchy, BigZuu, SASKilla, Shizz, Jammer - Video link

• Meanwhile, Dot releases his 9th dub called ‘ClownBoy Killer’ dissing Wiley - Video link

Jay1 and Dot beef starts again

Jay1 tweets a leaked image of a ‘contract’ (that he’s since deleted) between Jay1’s label and Dot. It shows that Dot didn’t get paid £5,000 as he said, but only £2,500 - Images of Tweet & ‘contract’

Dot then reply’s to this with a tweet saying why would he lie when he got paid £15,000. He posted a screenshot of a bank transaction of £15,000 going into his bank - Image of Tweet

Beef escalates even more
  • Out of nowhere Jaykae releases a dub called ‘Shush’ in response to Dot’s DM. This is aimed at Dot and Wiley - Video link

• A few hours later, Wiley strikes while the iron is hot and releases his 2nd dub dissing Dot called ‘Disrespect’ - Video link

Dot very quickly jumps on Insta Live and says he’s going to the studio to reply to make a dub for Jaykae (he does some mad things in this video like pray to god to back him on the dub and slapping his own head lol) - Video link

Wiley responds to Jaykae’s dub, by tweeting saying Jaykae’s dub isn’t a proper send - Image of Tweet

• Dot releases his 10th dub dissing Jaykae and loosely mentioning Wiley called ‘Janum Khan aka Janum cant aka Gaykae’ - Video link

Dot after releasing his dub jumps on Insta live again and says why he called Jaykae’s mum a prostitute - Video link

Dot then tweets Jaykae saying it was GrimSickers who told him Jaykae’s mums a prozzi - Image of Tweet

All goes quiet again, but then...

A fan Tweets Wiley to ask when is he replying to Jaykae, Wiley responds saying (summarised) “Never, he’s with Ed and Stormzy now” - Image of Tweet

Stormzy sees this tweet which results in Wiley and Stormzy going back and forth on Twitter for a good few hours (a lot of images in this one) - Full image album of all Tweets

Wiley then uploads two videos talking about how Jay Z, Stormzy and Ed Sheeran are shit and need to ‘sit down’ - 1st video link / 2nd video link

Beef spreads even more
  • Donnie releases his second dub dissing Dot called 'F*** Clout' - Video link

• Dizzle AP jumps in the ring and drops a dub called ‘Nitty Behaviour’ dissing Dot - Video link

Wiley tweets at AJ Tracey and Tinie Tempah dissing them - Images of AJ Tweets / Images of Tinie Tweets

Wiley seems to have settled his beef with Dot for now by saying Dot is ‘the king of grime’ - Image of Tweet

Another person jumps in on the beef
  • SBK jumps in the ring by dropping a dub called ‘Death by Poetry (Produced by Zeph)’ dissing Dot, Yizzy, T Roadz, HoodzTbe & RampzTbe - Video link

Beef dies down again for another 24 hours

Wiley starts Tweeting at Stormzy and TwinB saying Stormzy paid for his number 1 single - Full image album of Tweets

Beef escalates massively.

Wiley drops an image on his Insta/Twitter which says 'Eediyat Skengman 1'. It seems to look like artwork for an upcoming dub - Image of Tweet

Wiley goes on a Twitter rant aimed at Stormzy after he's already teased his dub - Image of Tweets

• Wiley drops his 1st dub dissing Stormzy called 'Eediyat Skengman 1', it also starts trending on YouTube - Video link

Wiley goes on another Twitter rant after dropping his dub trying to bait Stormzy into dropping a dub himself, he also posted a Twitter Video slagging Stormzy's album title - Image Album of Tweets / Video link

A few hours pass by and then...
  • When nobody expected it, Stormzy replied by dropping his dub aimed at Wiley called 'Disappointed' which ends up trending at number 2 on YouTube - Video link

Wiley and a LOT of fans jump on Twitter saying that Stormzy calling himself the 'King of Grime' is stupid because he done his dub on a drill beat - Image album of Tweets

For some reason Chip starts trending on Twitter as a lot of people are asking for him to get involved, he tweets that he's not involved in the beef - Image of Tweet

Beef then progresses again
  • Afghan Dan unexpectedly joins the war by releasing a dub called 'Michael Jackson' dissing Wiley & Dot Rotten - Video link

Wiley drops a video on Insta teasing his second dub. The thumbnail for the video is the same image he used for he's first dub but called 'Eediyat Skengman 2' - Video link

Wiley goes on another Twitter rant by retweeting videos on YouTube about Stormzy cheating on Maya, etc - Image of Tweets

Next level of the war

Wiley tweets that he needs '20k followers' to reach 500k followers in total for him to release his second dub - Image of Tweet