so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

There's an interview from 1xtra knocking about from yesterday I beleive, says the album is finished, not sure when it will be released nor if it will be released before Glastonbury, but you would have to think it will be, have to be an awful marketing team to not get it out in the next 6 weeks or so.

On 4/18/2019 at 3:37 PM, Johnnyseven said:

Just curious as to why you would think this?

not sure.. its always struck me as more a compilation of tracks they'd done to that point

..rather than the more coherent albums since that more of a theme/feel

17 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I really think that his set is gonna go down really well and this will be seen as a great booking in the future.

I agree, its been mentioned before (and the real music fans may dismiss this) be he is in a similar position to Oasis when they first headlined in 95 in that that they both only had one album (Stormzy if anything probably has more material if you count his collaborations) and were part of a new scene (britpop and grime respectively). 

53 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I agree, its been mentioned before (and the real music fans may dismiss this) be he is in a similar position to Oasis when they first headlined in 95 in that that they both only had one album (Stormzy if anything probably has more material if you count his collaborations) and were part of a new scene (britpop and grime respectively). 

Agreed!  Not the biggest fan of his output tbh but saw him at Brixton Academy a couple of years ago now and his stage show and energy was impressive.  Imagine it'd translate well to the P'mid stage, and I'm sure he'll bring out some wicked guests!

14 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

Well, I’m loving the new track. Seems to have been a pretty big deal for the youngsters at work too so interest still appears to be pretty high.

Moved onto my must-see list.

Yeh, I liked it alright the first time I heard it, but on repeated listens it just gets better. I'd been confused about seeing either Jon Hopkins or Tame Impala on Friday (I do really like JH but I am by no means a T.I. fan, it's just that quite a few of my crew are really excited about the latter) but now I'm seriously considering going to Stormzy with my other friend who really wants to see him. I think he'll be great! While JH is awesome, there will definitely be a lot more opportunities to see him

I also bought the track on iTunes, because it's great and also because he's just such a sound guy!

Edited by Sasperella