so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

On 11/16/2018 at 4:28 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Because there are still enough of us that DO care and DO want to look after each other. And, societal change notwithstanding, I still see and experience more of that at Glastonbury than probably anywhere else (and I work front line with the general public who a lot of the time are pretty awful!!!). 

So, just remember that you’re not alone, and you have thousands and thousands of kindred spirits who still share your philosophy and desire to make the world a friendlier, happier place. In Michael We Trust ??.

:) What a great motivational message to reply to kick off the week! Very eloquent as ever. I think you're right - and the people being the most loud with their social media posts are always most likely to be the worst. 

Happy Monday to you, Ben!

• Like 1

I reckon Robbie has a place in the Katy Perry slot, for sure. Like it or not, he’s vomitted out  some pretty solid pop tunes in his time. I tend to think that any successful act who some people vehemently believe has no place at Glastonbury is an act I’d quite like to see at Glastonbury, within reason. 

Edited by kalifire

27 minutes ago, Divein said:

I'd be made up if ol'Robbie turned up at the farm, the sing a long would be great.

Although he's another one who's voice is on it's way out.

One of the best Glastonbury singalongs I’ve ever experienced last time he was there. 

Robbie's just....eeesh.  Not necessarily a case of doesn't belong @kalifire, but his output post-Sing When You're Winning has pretty much been utter dross. If you could guarantee an hour slot of stuff form the first three albums then just maybe. But if Dance Like a Russian or Rudebox come anywhere near it then the whole Pyramid stage would have to be removed and rebuilt lest the evil endure.

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

looking at those videos it doesn't really matter what his voice is like ... the crowd seem to do most of the singing :) 

The difference between a singlong like Robbie's and something like Lionel's is the crowd choosing to sing along vs a smug git waving his microphone at the crowd for the bulk of the song!

It's fair to say that he grinds my gears somewhat.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

The difference between a singlong like Robbie's and something like Lionel's is the crowd choosing to sing along vs a smug git waving his microphone at the crowd for the bulk of the song!

It's fair to say that he grinds my gears somewhat.

1st class prick .... I would agree ...

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Robbie's just....eeesh.  Not necessarily a case of doesn't belong @kalifire, but his output post-Sing When You're Winning has pretty much been utter dross. If you could guarantee an hour slot of stuff form the first three albums then just maybe. But if Dance Like a Russian or Rudebox come anywhere near it then the whole Pyramid stage would have to be removed and rebuilt lest the evil endure.

Upvoted purely in recognition of your use of the word, lest.

Excellent work, young man.

Ben

As much as I can't stand Robbie, I hate his Take That tax evading Tory mate Barlow a bit more. They are both pieces of shit mind and anyone would need more than hand sanitser to get rid of their stench. 

Barlow only reformed TT cos they were all skint and turned out he was a Simon Cowell c**t as is Robbie these days but Barlow did it before it was noticeable. Barlow had the cheek to tax dodge millions and then ask us all for ££ for Children in Need all the while he was donating to the Tory party. Total c**t.

I obviously have no strong feelings about this at all..... 

Anyway when has Robbie ever 'really' been able to sing? 

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

I reckon Robbie has a place in the Katy Perry slot, for sure. Like it or not, he’s vomitted out  some pretty solid pop tunes in his time. I tend to think that any successful act who some people vehemently believe has no place at Glastonbury is an act I’d quite like to see at Glastonbury, within reason. 

Tbf, I don't think there's anyone these days who doesn't have a place Somewhere at the festival. They would've had to do something even more offensive than that rap thingy RW released a few year back!

When I first started going I would never have thought that Craig David and Busted would've gotten the kind of reception they got on their last visits. Things certainly appear to have changed on that front, unless it's just my perception that things have.

2 hours ago, Doug85 said:

I hate his Take That tax evading Tory mate Barlow a bit more.

Barlow had the cheek to tax dodge millions and then ask us all for ££ for Children in Need all the while he was donating to the Tory party. Total c**t.

#MeToo. A tax dodging, hypocritical reptile with shite music. But the great British public seem to love him. Mark my words, he'll be declared a "national treasure" and knighted before long.....Tories like to reward their donors with gongs, as well as tax breaks.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

You'd likely win a constructive dismissal case for that...

Ben

Got to be worth a try.

I don't want to think about how many times I've heard it. There are songs I love that I've heard way way less. And for the longest time, when it started and I'd be half listening I'd think 'ooh, The Kinks, nice' before reality came crashing in

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I once missed most of an act on Avalon because I spent 20 minutes ranting about what a c**t Barlow is while sitting at The Avalon Inn. It was worth it.

This exact thing happened to me last year. Missed half of The Amazon's as I was too busy ranting about him. Totally worth it. I think I was still foaming about his OBE later that day too. 

• Like 1