so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

All the vitriol aimed at Stormzy on social media and wherever else is beginning to make me question what's happened to the beautiful Glastonbury spirit that I know and love far more than the fact that he's playing.....

:(

I've long since been of the opinion that the vast majority of the people on Twitter etc who moan about Glastonbury headliners have no intention of ever going to the Festival to start with. Whereas in places you can be confident that the vast majority have or want tickets (including this forum), the reaction is always a lot more measured and reasonable.

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

All the vitriol aimed at Stormzy on social media and wherever else is beginning to make me question what's happened to the beautiful Glastonbury spirit that I know and love far more than the fact that he's playing.....

Haters gonna hate. Any headliner will attract a certain amount of opprobrium. I do chuckle when people think one act on the Pyramid stage will determine the success of any given Glastonbury.

Most people criticising have never even been, I pity them. 

34 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Why question it? Social media seems to be all about people being nasty!

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Sas,

It would be foolish to think that the spirit and behaviours of the Glastonbury crowd has not changed to some degree in line with societal change. As such, it is inevitable that whilst kindness and consideration for one’s fellow man is gradually eroded outside of the Farm, so will that be replicated, sadly, inside the Fence. Every day, every year I get a little bit sadder at the trajectory of our nation, if not our whole species. People, in general, just don’t care about each other in the way that they used to...

The ever-growing and pervasive sense of entitlement and selfishness that infects the population is a source of worry for me...

BUT...

Don’t you fret!!!! Because there are still enough of us that DO care and DO want to look after each other. And, societal change notwithstanding, I still see and experience more of that at Glastonbury than probably anywhere else (and I work front line with the general public who a lot of the time are pretty awful!!!). 

So, just remember that you’re not alone, and you have thousands and thousands of kindred spirits who still share your philosophy and desire to make the world a friendlier, happier place. In Michael We Trust ??.

Ben x

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 10

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sas,

It would be foolish to think that the spirit and behaviours of the Glastonbury crowd has not changed to some degree in line with societal change. As such, it is inevitable that whilst kindness and consideration for one’s fellow man is gradually eroded outside of the Farm, so will that be replicated, sadly, inside the Fence. Every day, every year I get a little bit sadder at the trajectory of our nation, if not our whole species. People, in general, just don’t care about each other in the way that they used to...

The ever-growing and pervasive sense of entitlement and selfishness that infects the population is a source of worry for me...

BUT...

Don’t you fret!!!! Because there are still enough of us that DO care and DO want to look after each other. And, societal change notwithstanding, I still see and experience more of that at Glastonbury than probably anywhere else (and I work front line with the general public who a lot of the time are pretty awful!!!). 

So, just remember that you’re not alone, and you have thousands and thousands of kindred spirits who still share your philosophy and desire to make the world a friendlier, happier place. In Michael We Trust ??.

Ben x

Ben,

Saturnalia (but in June) 2019 then. ? Mine’s a wine. Wot u havin’?

Woffy x

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sas,

BUT...

Ben x

I love your way with words and positive outlook Benny I am for the most part on your level with this though sometimes things get the better of me, I look here and think yeah damn straight my fellow human being. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Most of those people haven't got tickets. The biggest vitriolic whinebags generally don't and have never been. Don't worry love. Just avoid Twitterverse. 

I've always said from even a business point of view..

Facebook is for engaging, Instagram is for showing and Twitter is for moaning. x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ah, but my Gucci Little Piggy, will you stop and talk incontinent shite with me whilst doing so? If yes, then all’s well with the world, brother. 

?

Ben

Will be hard to tell which efester is pissing themselves judging by the wasted thread. :D