so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

Listening to stormzy for the first time now... not really my cuppa tea but am potentially open to it. Good to have a new headliner in the mix, particularly if the other two are so established... hoping I'll have better options elsewhere though. If not I'd probably start with him with a view to potentially going to the SE corner early

Stormzy could pull it off and as others have said...

Better than having muse / Coldplay / radiohead headlining again so soon or U2 ever again....

I'll give him the benefit of a listen - unless the chems or prodigy are on at the same time.

44 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

?

The Cure are amazing live and Stormzy looks great live, too. Macca's a legend but by all accounts his voice isn't amazing now and I can't imagine it'll be a very exciting show. I'll most likely see him if he plays but I can certainly see him putting on the worst performance of the three.

I've always quite liked The Cure and have been thinking Id probably watch them at GF bar a massive clash. However, I listened to their 2013 show at Lollapalooza the other night, sounded pretty tragic if I'm honest.

17 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Better than having muse / Coldplay / radiohead headlining again so soon or U2 ever again....

I'll give him the benefit of a listen - unless the chems or prodigy are on at the same time.

I'm praying for this even more now. I have two massive Glasto regrets (luckily my only ones out of 5) and they both involve Chems. Not seeing them in 2011, or 15. Utter, utter twat.

6 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I've always quite liked The Cure and have been thinking Id probably watch them at GF bar a massive clash. However, I listened to their 2013 show at Lollapalooza the other night, sounded pretty tragic if I'm honest.

Fair play, seen them twice at Leeds Fest 2012 and Wembley Arena 2016 and both were great, especially the former.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Fair play, seen them twice at Leeds Fest 2012 and Wembley Arena 2016 and both were great, especially the former.

I'd never properly judge an act until I've seen them live, especially one I've always liked so I hope they put on a good show (if it's them of course!).

As I posted on here last month... 

People talk about relevence a lot on here and I think he'll be (probably) one of the most relevant headliners in recent times. A young black man from London, pushing boundaries in the music industry. He's engaged a generation of people, won over almost everyone who's watched him and he's someone with values that a lot of people can relate to and believe in. He's got a powerful voice and he's definitely using it. IMO, you won't see many new headliners take that opportunity in the same way I think he would. He's hungry for it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm split here, I'm pleased that they've not been their usually risk-averse selves and booked somebody who isn't an already established headliner, but at the same time I still want to hold out hope for Gaga.

Actually convinced myself it's her so gonna be mega disappointed if not. Would be my highlight act of the weekend from the rumours so far.

28 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

The Streets are said to be Friday Other so up against Stormzy, I'd pass on both I think but it's great for the scene.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Stormzy drinking game; down a shot every time he mentions his mum. Entire field on their arse by the end of the set.

Or mentions his "energy crew" or his "glastonbury crew" I wouldn't make it back to the tent based on 2017's set.

That being said I really enjoyed it and would love to see him next year. Gutted the Gaga dream is fading though. 

Screenshot_20181108-213553_Gallery.jpg

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Where has The Streets being Friday Other came from? No chance they'd clash with Stormzy imo.

Only Streets info was they’d been offered Pyramid Sub or Other Header.  Sure there was nothing on days?! Sadly for me they’d probably go up against Macca 

Not for me but as others have said it’s a good bold choice and exactly what Glastonbury should be doing. I hope he is a big success as it will encourage them to seek out younger acts and ensure the festival remains relevant.

The festival rarely gets it wrong. Over the last 10/15 years you could probably count on one hand the amount of Pyramid headliners where it hasn't necessarily worked out so well. They know what they're doing and even though Stormzy isn't my thing, there's nothing to suggest he'll be anything other than a complete triumph. A positive, popular and arguably deserved booking, if true. 

53 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'm praying for this even more now. I have two massive Glasto regrets (luckily my only ones out of 5) and they both involve Chems. Not seeing them in 2011, or 15. Utter, utter twat.

Don’t mean to rub it in dude, but the Chems in 2015 were feckin epic ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

I find the soundmix for lolla videos to be really bad. I was watching the arcade fire one recently and it sounds much worse than their other live vids 

Edited by Muppetmark