so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

As I posted on here last month... 

People talk about relevence a lot on here and I think he'll be (probably) one of the most relevant headliners in recent times. A young black man from London, pushing boundaries in the music industry. He's engaged a generation of people, won over almost everyone who's watched him and he's someone with values that a lot of people can relate to and believe in. He's got a powerful voice and he's definitely using it. IMO, you won't see many new headliners take that opportunity in the same way I think he would. He's hungry for it.

Well put 

5 minutes ago, Skelts said:

How’s the werthers vodka going mate?

Not tested yet, it's 100% being done though. The more I think of it the more I think it's excellent for the hip flask like you suggested! Last Glasto I remember thinking I need summat different next time like that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

As I posted on here last month... 

People talk about relevence a lot on here and I think he'll be (probably) one of the most relevant headliners in recent times. A young black man from London, pushing boundaries in the music industry. He's engaged a generation of people, won over almost everyone who's watched him and he's someone with values that a lot of people can relate to and believe in. He's got a powerful voice and he's definitely using it. IMO, you won't see many new headliners take that opportunity in the same way I think he would. He's hungry for it.

Agree with this. Not into all his music but really like listening to interviews with him. He’s a smart articulate guy, got stuff to say and he’s saying it well. He pulled a massive crowd in 2017 too. Would be a good booking in my view

18 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Reading it back I could see that meaning 2020, too, actually.

I thought this (see page 1).

It’s Zoe Balls interview with Emily this Saturday. Maybe she’s about to announce Stormzy. I’m only thinking this because rumours sometimes get louder as we get close to an announcement.

3 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

As an American coming over for my first Glasto this is an interesting headliner choice for me, as he has zero relevance in the US. Where do you guys recommend I start with his music?

Also, I highly doubt Gambino is playing, Coachella is supposed to be his final show.

Nah his o2 show is in March after it

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Where has The Streets being Friday Other came from? No chance they'd clash with Stormzy imo.

I don't think there would be much crossover, totally different acts.

53 minutes ago, sisco said:

Only Streets info was they’d been offered Pyramid Sub or Other Header.  Sure there was nothing on days?! Sadly for me they’d probably go up against Macca 

I'm sure someone said Friday Other.

5 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I don’t know what Grime is.☹️

I believe it may have been the fore runner of “drill” but I’m in my 40’s, white and from The North. I’m just trying to piece together bits and pieces that I’ve heard, I’ve not been “down with the kids” though for well over 20 years now. 

4 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

I believe it may have been the fore runner of “drill” but I’m in my 40’s, white and from The North. I’m just trying to piece together bits and pieces that I’ve heard, I’ve not been “down with the kids” though for well over 20 years now. 

Thanks although I’m none the wiser... I’m in my 40’s white and from the north too and I don’t know what drill is either!?

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm 40 and from the North and whilst not exactly a grime expert, I have heard some and it's good. Stormzy is good, early Dizzee Rascal (i.e before his Calvin Harris collaboration) is good. Skepta is good, some Wiley is good.

This is a deeper understanding than a lot of self-proclaimed grime fans tbf.

Not a Grime fan, but happy there will be some fresh blood headlining. 

I just cant see Gambino subbing.... his recent injury had him cancelling his last 2 festival headline slots, and he has said he has retiring. Maybe he wants a shot at the Pyramid before he officially calls it quits? I hope we see him but I find it unlikely. 

8 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

I'm in my 50s white and from up north so not been down with kids for even longer . Have a sketchy knowledge of grime in general and stormzy in particular through my kids listening to some.  But not going to pretend it's for me but I'm sure he'll get a massive crowd particular under 30s so a bit more space everywhere else .

His second album will be critically and financially successful I'm sure as it will get supported by people who love him .

Enjoy if it happens .

1 minute ago, crocodiles said:

I'm in my 50s white and from up north so not been down with kids for even longer . Have a sketchy knowledge of grime in general and stormzy in particular through my kids listening to some.  But not going to pretend it's for me but I'm sure he'll get a massive crowd particular under 30s so a bit more space everywhere else .

His second album will be critically and financially successful I'm sure as it will get supported by people who love him .

Enjoy if it happens .

Lots of people from the North on here (me too). 

I tried to get into Stormzy when his album came out but I think I need choruses and a bit of melody and he seemed a bit shouty. Don’t disagree at all that it’s a great booking though, moving away from having all rock/guitar bands and representing other genres is a plus.