so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

4 minutes ago, KingPin said:

Watching the set on iPlayer and fuck me is this a boring set, he's got decent energy but energy doesn't make up for a poor set and is there really any need to cover Ed fucking Sheeran?

I thought he was doing his verses from the song because they performed a version of it together at the Brits or similar wasn't it?

1 minute ago, robillustrates said:

I thought he was doing his verses from the song because they performed a version of it together at the Brits or similar wasn't it?

:dontknow: I duno I don't pay attention to awards shows as they're shit.

Not my genre at all. Thought it looked like a crowd pleaser on my tv. So tip my hat to him for pulling it off. Chris Martin slimed his way in again so put off by that unnecessary self promoting bovine pooh. To summarise I'd say, mmmmeeeeeehhhh on a personal level but think he delivered to the crowd and enjoyed himself. Result for Emily. 

He's 25 and headlined the Pyramid Stage, gotta say fair play to that. He was way better than Kanye was in the same spot.

The set did veer a little too political and cultural at times but I get it and he got it and he treated it like it was a big deal and I like when performers do that at Glastonbury. That it's not just another gig to them.

1 minute ago, robillustrates said:

He's 25 and headlined the Pyramid Stage, gotta say fair play to that. He was way better than Kanye was in the same spot.

The set did veer a little too political and cultural at times but I get it and he got it and he treated it like it was a big deal and I like when performers do that at Glastonbury. That it's not just another gig to them.

TBF most acts would be way better than that Kanye set.

46 minutes ago, bluedaisy said:

I think headline act's that draw smaller but more enthusiastic crowds are good for the festival in general. I remember when the Stones played, and they seemed to suck the life out of the rest of the site for a while.

His crowd wasn't that small where I was, which was quite up the hill, fairly packed and behind me too up to the path. 

You can't really compare regular crowds to the stones, as theirs was mental. 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

His crowd wasn't that small where I was, which was quite up the hill, fairly packed and behind me too up to the path. 

You can't really compare regular crowds to the stones, as theirs was mental. 

Can't blame them, had to see the Stones, we had a great spot in the crowd for that one.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Also, on telly the crowd looked like it skewed young - can anyone there confirm this?

I can confirm that as a 40 something bloke about twenty rows back from the second barrier I was easily twenty five years older than every other person around me. 

1 hour ago, robillustrates said:

That was a given I think, Stormzy is a straight up prick

• Downvote 1

We were right at the back by the tree. It was full. We thought we'd give it twenty minutes and see. Stayed for whole set and that was my first pyramid headliner. He smashed it but Chris Martin can get tae fuck. 

Picture of crowd from the back. 

IMG_20190628_225731.jpg

• Like 1

Happy for him. Hes done well with such little catalogue. Put in a show and got political in the true spirit of glasto. Only caught some highlights on iplayer though hungover this morning as I was watching tame impala fucking smash it out the park 

Edited by Havors

After a nights reflection, i thought his set (on tv) looked and sounded awesome, props to him and his team for putting on a show, as for impact you can't deny it and overall i think it worked. Greatest ever (as was claimed on twitter last night) i'm not so sure, it was good and probably amazing if you were there (if a little short) but for me not greatest ever, but then i'm not his target demographic.

As someone in his 30's I fucking loved that. Crowd was quite a decent turnout as well but the main thing is everyone seemed to he enjoying themselves too. He absolutely smasked it whether you like him or not. Fair fucking play to the lad.