so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

re. the crowd not being impressed, it was easily the worst, most unpleasant festival crowd I've ever been in and a significant enough portion of people there were there to root for a car crash.

What strange behaviour that is. Wait all year for the festival to come around, obsess over everything from the lineup to the weather, only to waste two hours of time and energy waiting to say "we told you so". Life, and Glastonbury is too short.

• Upvote 1

I saw Stomzy last year Sunday night of Secret Solstice Festival, it wasn't a very big festival, it had been raining the entire weekend, everyone was beyond wet and ready to go home 

30 seconds into his set the fields energy was at full capacity, mosh pits popping off and plenty of sing along moments 

He seemed really genuinely glad to be there and excited to play, and that was just a small festival in Iceland

If he brings that energy to the pyramid it's going to be great even without a new album, new material would be great but be can absolutely smash it without 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

What strange behaviour that is. Wait all year for the festival to come around, obsess over everything from the lineup to the weather, only to waste two hours of time and energy waiting to say "we told you so". Life, and Glastonbury is too short.

Not to mention the folk who created antagonistic flags to lug around all weekend and hoist throughout his set, despite the flag indicating that they didn’t like Kanye. There were bad vibes that year - my least favourite without doubt.

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

No one has said that, grow up.

Hang on, I think it's you that needs to grow up here. I offer up an opinion, which I'm perfectly entitled to have and ever since you've been trying to convince me that I'm wrong.

What is the point you're trying to make? At the time the vast majority of people thought his set was terrible. Not because they were "rooting for a car crash", which nobody would waste their time on. We wanted him to be good, we don't think he was. Is that allowed?

7 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Never said it wasn't.

Well now I'm just totally lost.

So as a Kanye fan I'm allowed to think the set was crap, the people around me were allowed to think the same and the people watching at home are allowed to think it too but if I say it on here (and I honestly didn't think it was a controversial opinion) then I get jumped on. Oh well....

It's definitely not uncommon to hear Kanye was very poor that night, seems to be quite the opposite to me. I've had a few conversations in the past with people where I've argued it wasn't that bad. I was a bit disappointed as I hoped for better but actually thought the reaction was a little harsh. Yeah, it was disjointed, he had some pretty silly chat and the Bohemian Rhapsody bit was embarrassing but there were some great moments in there too.

With new releases recently by the likes of Octavian, Skepta and slowthai is Stormzy becoming less relevant?

I am sure he will draw a decent crowd but a collaboration with Ed Sheeren does not set the heart racing.

Personally, I am skipping Stormzy but Octavian and Deznel Curry are must-sees. 

3 minutes ago, Ninety9 said:

With new releases recently by the likes of Octavian, Skepta and slowthai is Stormzy becoming less relevant?

I am sure he will draw a decent crowd but a collaboration with Ed Sheeren does not set the heart racing.

Personally, I am skipping Stormzy but Octavian and Deznel Curry are must-sees. 

Well, everyone who’s listened to those artists’ albums will listen to the Stormzy album, and then millions of other people will on top of that, if that answers your question.

22 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

New single “Crown” is out now.

i liked vossi bop but not so much a fan of this 

10 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

New song goes hard! Not 100% sold on the chorus tho. 

Where can I listen to it?