so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

On 4/11/2019 at 10:27 PM, fatyeti24 said:

They were releasing their third that summer.

had to check :)

and does the brown album really constitute an album proper? another discussion for another time but clearly their performance was not a 2nd album.. 

On 4/14/2019 at 11:31 AM, Matt42 said:

I think many are forgetting that his own market is about as fickle as it gets. The kids and the youth right now are not listening to Stormzy. He’s been out of the public eye for 6 months and the market has moved on.

Bookmark me on this - Stormzy will go down a similar path as Dizzie Rascal. One successful album which he will ride for a long time, but his own market will have moved on.

I think that's probably likely. Dizzie had a few hit singles in later years too and has had a pretty successful career by anyones measure, i think Stormzy would be pretty happy if he managed to follow a similar path. Maybe the market has moved on, I certaily think he should have put the album out by now but I think we should probably reserve judgement until the album actualy comes out.

Just listened to the new song....

I can’t say for certain, but I’m going to hazard a guess that this will be the first time a headliner raps/sings about ejaculating on a woman’s face.

Not a bad song per se, but that chorus is utter cringe. 

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Just listened to the new song....

I can’t say for certain, but I’m going to hazard a guess that this will be the first time a headliner raps/sings about ejaculating on a woman’s face.

Possibly - although Pictures of Lily is about about having a tommy tank over a photograph, so may also count.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I like the new one.

I thought he'd come back with a big crossover track but he hasn't.  I wonder if he's going with the one for the originals followed by one for the masses approach.   

I also actually quite like it, not that I'm a massive fan and thus my opinion probably means squat, but I could see myself having a little bop along to it in a field no problem

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I also actually quite like it, not that I'm a massive fan and thus my opinion probably means squat, but I could see myself having a little bop along to it in a field no problem

Chorus very catchy, actually dont mind that one. Seeing Impala tho. Would be interesting to see what he would be like in the slot. Try and catch it on Iplayer in my tent. Probably no signal...

New single is a bit dull the only exciting moment is when he says fuck Boris and even then the line is all flair covering up a lack of creativity. The references to giving peoples facials was samey and uninteresting. Not to mention the fact that apparently this single has been knocking about since 2015 just unreleased.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Never really been a fan of Stormzy but this new one isn’t doing anything much for me. Guessing it’s more of a teaser track to announce his comeback than an actual first single - I’m sure that’ll be more of a big hitting chart botherer. 

I thought that when I listened to it last night, but watching the video this morning with Stormzy on a closed-down Westminster Bridge (in daylight) and an Idris Elba cameo, this has to be The Big One. I was expecting another Big For Your Boots, but that's probably a tall order.

I'll still be at the pyramid for him. I've seen him live twice and he's a phenomenal performer.