so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

10 hours ago, Quark said:

Robbie's just....eeesh.  Not necessarily a case of doesn't belong @kalifire, but his output post-Sing When You're Winning has pretty much been utter dross. If you could guarantee an hour slot of stuff form the first three albums then just maybe. But if Dance Like a Russian or Rudebox come anywhere near it then the whole Pyramid stage would have to be removed and rebuilt lest the evil endure.

Guy Chambers - good guy.

29 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

This exact thing happened to me last year. Missed half of The Amazon's as I was too busy ranting about him. Totally worth it. I think I was still foaming about his OBE later that day too. 

Good man. I was about to go and watch someone (it'll come to me who they were in a minute) when someone suggested Take That should play. 20 minutes later they probably hadn't changed their mind but maybe wish they hadn't mentioned it.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Good man. I was about to go and watch someone (it'll come to me who they were in a minute) when someone suggested Take That should play. 20 minutes later they probably hadn't changed their mind but maybe wish they hadn't mentioned it.

I know the Mrs just rolls her eyes when the topic comes up as she knows if I can be arsed I'll be talking about it 20 minutes later. 

Can't help it though the smarmy c**t seems to be my trigger the same way that Robbie seems to be Woffy's. 

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

As headliners or as a top three? Either way, no.

Friday running order. Just could see it, appeases the BBC with huge numbers ahead of R&L, and that would be a good run for Pyramid crowd churn.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Post Malone is unlikely I reckon, as that's an R/L headliner.

Hmmm, Foals subbed on their co-headline year I think, so I was thinking it may not be that unrealistic if he’s about

Just now, CJTM said:

Friday running order. Just could see it, appeases the BBC with huge numbers ahead of R&L, and that would be a good run for Pyramid crowd churn.

Hmmm, Foals subbed on their co-headline year I think, so I was thinking it may not be that unrealistic if he’s about

But why has him playing Reading suddenly made you think he’ll play Glastonbury? Surely he was more likely before he was announced.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But why has him playing Reading suddenly made you think he’ll play Glastonbury? Surely he was more likely before he was announced.

I don’t think it has affected it really if he is about at the time - might be the last chance for his booking agent to get him exposed at the festival before he gains a continued heightened status like Drake for example. 

I think we we could agree he would be a outside shot to ever headline the festival years down the line, so could be looked as now, or maybe even never.

Just now, CJTM said:

I don’t think it has affected it really if he is about at the time - might be the last chance for his booking agent to get him exposed at the festival before he gains a continued heightened status like Drake for example. 

I think we we could agree he would be a outside shot to ever headline the festival years down the line, so could be looked as now, or maybe even never.

He's already too big to play third down; he ain't gonna headline Reading and do that.

I don't know if its been mentioned already but is it likely that Stormy will have a new album by then? I sense that he'll be a success if has an album release on the cards, I feel that Stormzy could potentially benefit from any hype he can generate between now and next June. If he doesn't it might be a little thin on the ground. Ultimately I'm on these forums as I want success for the headliners that play the festival whether I like them or not, I love the fact the the Eavii are aiming to promote new headliners, and Stormy being the first British rapper is immense, but from the reaction of most of the people I've discussed this booking with, they aren't 100% sold on the idea. But remain optimistic I shall.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Not heard anything mate. Heard Glasto decided to give him the bump up from Other sub to Pyramid headliner with no new material because they thought "why the fuck not".

I gather a new album might happen as a result of the booking I guess. Rather than both ideas being conceived simultaneously.