so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

7 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I've just had words with my 15 year old son and according to him Stormzy is now very far from cool, at least that's what I thought he said as he mumbled and murmured out the front door.

Well yeah, Katherine Jenkins is covering a Stormzy song on her new album. He’s about as cool as Rag’n’Bone Man, and our collective insistence that this is what the youth are listening to just shows how uncool we all are.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well yeah, Katherine Jenkins is covering a Stormzy song on her new album. He’s about as cool as Rag’n’Bone Man, and our collective insistence that this is what the youth are listening to just shows how uncool we all are.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ANY MORE!!!

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's all gangster rap and drill down here in the deepest darkest corners of Kentish village life. Stormzy is so last century.

1 minute ago, Northern Soul said:

Here here. I did both?

?  I'm not a Radiohead fan but all the happiness gave me the warm fuzzy feeling. I was happy for you.

In the same way that there are many other stages away from the Pyramid.  I think I'll search out happier threads and leave this one alone.

2 hours ago, Miesh said:

?  I'm not a Radiohead fan but all the happiness gave me the warm fuzzy feeling. I was happy for you.

In the same way that there are many other stages away from the Pyramid.  I think I'll search out happier threads and leave this one alone.

That's how I felt with all the Foos joy when they played the Frome place. I've no time for the band's music personally, but the happiness they were causing was joyful.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Dental mate, you just reminded me that Gareth Malone covered Death Grips. 

19 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Sas,

It would be foolish to think that the spirit and behaviours of the Glastonbury crowd has not changed to some degree in line with societal change. As such, it is inevitable that whilst kindness and consideration for one’s fellow man is gradually eroded outside of the Farm, so will that be replicated, sadly, inside the Fence. Every day, every year I get a little bit sadder at the trajectory of our nation, if not our whole species. People, in general, just don’t care about each other in the way that they used to...

The ever-growing and pervasive sense of entitlement and selfishness that infects the population is a source of worry for me...

BUT...

Don’t you fret!!!! Because there are still enough of us that DO care and DO want to look after each other. And, societal change notwithstanding, I still see and experience more of that at Glastonbury than probably anywhere else (and I work front line with the general public who a lot of the time are pretty awful!!!). 

So, just remember that you’re not alone, and you have thousands and thousands of kindred spirits who still share your philosophy and desire to make the world a friendlier, happier place. In Michael We Trust ??.

Ben x

200w.gif

11 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Cheese and Grain thread was honestly the worst ever thread on this site.

PartialWellgroomedHumpbackwhale-small.gi

5 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Well I was *here*, but not *there*.

Is it worth a Google?

Not sure if there's much about it online now.

Basically some guy created a topic talking about a girl who would invite guys into her tent for sex, in trade for drugs, and had a pretty high "body count." Her picture was even posted .Then the girl herself caught wind of it, and actually came onto the forum to deny it. Was crazy. To this day, no one knows if it was bullshit or not.