so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If this is the best entertainment you can come up with of an evening I feel quite sad for you.

I've got music on in the background to enhance the experience. And a live feed of the Tory leadership crisis in the hope that someone finally ousts Theresa May and collapses the government, but thanks for the concern. 

The idea of coming onto a forum for a normal discussion rather than to troll seems far sadder, like do you really not have people you can talk to in real life about this shit?

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It's sadder to go on a festival forum and discuss festivals with people with a shared interest in them than it is to go on there, as a 20-odd year old, to troll a load of people who think you're boring and weird and don't want to talk to you? Okay.

I've been in this trolling game 12 years mate. It's a bit like any other addiction, I get an immense sense of joy out of it that's simply can't be replicated anywhere else. I am attempting to cut down though, hence my recent decline in posting and extended gap. I'll be gone soon once I manage to find the stress ball I normally use as a retraining mechanism.

2 hours ago, Mash011 said:

give his album a go pal, it's nice. I'd say it's set apart by a range, ambition and scope that most grime artists don't have. that's not a criticism of those other artists but it does help to explain his rise to popularity and headliner credibility.

Also make sure you've got some 'yout' to translate whatever he is babbling on about!

Complete and utter shit.

Skeng chat, kick up the yout

Man know that I kick up the yout

Dem boy dere tried twist up the truth

How dare you twist up the truth

• Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, Big Vern said:

Also make sure you've got some 'yout' to translate whatever he is babbling on about!

Complete and utter shit.

Skeng chat, kick up the yout

Man know that I kick up the yout

Dem boy dere tried twist up the truth

How dare you twist up the truth

Some of the Beatles lyrics are going really piss you off, I still have no idea what an Egg Man is. 

45 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If you haven’t, Jo, do a wee Twitter search of all tagged @GlastoFest...

...it’s AMAZING how many people are now ‘glad they didn’t get a ticket’...

???

Ben

It’s hilarious!! Also seen a lot of people saying that Glastonbury is for “bands” only. 

Ive been going ten years and I’ve never had a day where there’s nothing on that I wanted to see in a headliner slot somewhere on site. Trust in the Eavii!!

2 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Think he's a great booking but not for me. Will be my 4th Glastonbury and might go see Billy Bragg at Leftfield... always wanted to do that but Flo and the Machine, Radiohead and a third act I can't recall got in the way 

Jesus no....

you know he wasnt really a miner.?

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

If you haven’t, Jo, do a wee Twitter search of all tagged @GlastoFest...

...it’s AMAZING how many people are now ‘glad they didn’t get a ticket’...

???

Ben

Just having a look at this myself, Ben. Laughing at a little Twitter comment that has to be from you (or your social media twin). ???

My single hesitation about the booking is that it does rely on the new album being good. Personally, if Stormzy had 2 albums under his belt and was about to release his 3rd I think people would think it is a much stronger booking as it proves people care about Stormzy and he aint just a one hit wonder (which he may not be, we won't know till the albun comes out I guess). And this really applies to any headlining act imo.

In saying that, if any festie can take the risk it's Glasto. And at that point, heck why not bump some fresh British talent up. Considering how well his politics align with glasto, he's part of an underrepresented genre (who cares if people outside the UK don't care about grime, it's a UK fest) and thats even without the impact he will have being the first black male to headline Glasto

Although it ain't the best booking for the fest in terms of having "big" headliners (which apparently is nessecary for Glasto now), I think it's probably better for the festival in the long term. I will go and have watch if nothing else takes my fancy (assuming I get a ticket in April) but I ain't overly keen on him (though I'm stunned at the lack of love for First Things First which imo is by far his best track). Certainly more likely to see him than Macca or Cure.

39 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I’m absolutely loving the reaction the booking has got, pissed off a lot of the Dark Fruits Twitter. I have no doubt that Stormzy will be amazing on the Friday, and if it winds a load of people in the process then I am even more here for it. 

I thought Dark Fruits Twitter loved Stormzy.

For what it’s worth I think Stormzy is a great Headliner for Glastonbury... I won’t be anywhere near it, can’t listen to his music for long periods, like a few tracks but can’t do prolonged listening. His popularity in the UK at the moment is huge. Also will give those up and coming artists from all genres the opportunity to make the step up by paving the way. No festival can keep going for the megastars of the 70s/80s/90s it’s not sustainable. Festivals need to make new headliners for the good of the music industry