so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Right so had somebody off here got a job off NME, or is NME paying an existing staff member to read efests?

I mean, a lot of employers are paying people to sit and read efests, they just don't realise it.

it's probably the case that they're not being paid to read efests, because NME use unpaid interns, the scum. ;)

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Right so had somebody off here got a job off NME, or is NME paying an existing staff member to read efests?

I mean, a lot of employers are paying people to sit and read efests, they just don't realise it.

Mike99 has been unmasked after all this time. NME have been trolling us for years.

1 minute ago, 40 Days said:

What an awful booking - not close to being established enough to be a Glastonbury headliner. Rubbish live too.

I remember thinking that about Arctic Monkeys the first time they headlined. Sure enough by June they had enough hits to do it. 

Not sure about Stormzy, all his songs seem to tail off a bit...

Very much on the fence - I think he is a worthy headliner but off that one album really? I mean its great, critically acclaimed and shocked everyone by beating Ed Sheeran brit award nominations  but still. I just don't think it's the right time to be headlining . I guess get him while he is hot..

1 minute ago, UEF said:

I remember thinking that about Arctic Monkeys the first time they headlined. Sure enough by June they had enough hits to do it. 

Not sure about Stormzy, all his songs seem to tail off a bit...

i would say go on youtube and see how good he looks live, the answer is a resounding not very.

frees up my night anyway

6 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

What an awful booking - not close to being established enough to be a Glastonbury headliner. Rubbish live too.

Last year I remember feeling depressed every week as horrifically unambitious, vanilla, safe and dull festival line-ups were announced. It was shocking. I have no interest in grime and will be nowhere near the Pyramid, but I think it’s a fantastic booking. If you’re not innovating, controversial and risk taking, you’re V. 

?? Eavii

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 10

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Last year I remember feeling depressed every week as horrifically unambitious, vanilla, safe and dull festival line-ups were announced. It was shocking. I have no interest in grime and will be nowhere near the Pyramid, but I think it’s a fantastic booking. If you’re not innovating, controversial and risk taking, you’re V. 

?? Eavii

Ben

nicely said Ben, I fully agree! :) 

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

?? Eavii

Ben

Agreed. Not my cup of tea at all which just means I will be somewhere else. Enough going on at Glasto that the headliners are irrelevant to some extent.

The night Kanye headlined you could have instead watched Dedmau5, Suede, The Moody Blues, Parliament Funkadelic with George Clinton, Jon Hopkins, Public Service Broadcasting, gone to the naughty corner, wandered into any of the smaller stages and areas in the Green Fields, or just sat and got hammered in any of the many, many bars.

If you can't find some way to have a good time with all that available you shouldn't really be going to festivals.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, EmsieXxX said:

The amount of people on twitter fuming and saying what a waste of their money from ONE ACT being announced is INFURIATING me. They don't deserve the F*#@in tickets!!!!! ?

Agreed. I have a ticket but I've had to stop looking....who are these people???? I can only assume they have never been to Glastonbury

Anyway, it's good job...reading this thread at the same time as keeping up with who is or isn't resigning or no-confidence vote letter-writing is taking u enough time as it is :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

In fairness I'd watch Angel Di Maria eat a TUC biscuit on stage.

Other things liked by The Cure fans:

• Helen Worth
  • Teri Hatcher
  • FC Barcelona
  • Endeavour
  • MyBuilder.com
  • Agnieszka Radwańska
  • Hulk Hogan

Other things liked by Paul McCartney fans:

• Ian Fleming
  • Hugh Grant
  • ITV2
  • Neil Morrissey
  • Gillette
  • The Bill
  • Last Tango In Halifax

I'm now realising that I already knew about this and sank a lot of time into looking at these things before, but this is very informative.

6 minutes ago, EmsieXxX said:

The amount of people on twitter fuming and saying what a waste of their money from ONE ACT being announced is INFURIATING me. They don't deserve the F*#@in tickets!!!!! ?

Preach.

EDIT - also, I may well be there. I'm not a definite either way; as always it depends on what else is on and what mood I'm in.

Edited by Quark

1 minute ago, EmsieXxX said:

You're right, this is just one act. Barely 2 hours. 

There's still Other Stage, West Holts, John Peel, Arcadia, The Park, Silver Hayes... Which will all have acts during the same 2 hours.  Pretty sure everybody will manage to find something enjoyable to watch/listen to.

By the time the full line-up comes, anybody still complaining has either never been to Glasto before or is as thick as they come.

Also, Twitter brings out the worst in people. 

So, something I've just twigged and posted on a whatsapp group.

Coldplay @ Glastonbury
1999 - New Bands Stage
2000 - Other Stage
2001 - (Fallow year)
2002 - Friday Night Pyramid Headline (2 months before their second album came out)

Stormzy @ Glastonbury
2016 - Sonic
2017 - Other Stage
2018 - (Fallow year)
2019 - Friday Night Pyramid Headline

So put him down for 2022 as well..

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Other things liked by The Cure fans:

• Helen Worth
  • Teri Hatcher
  • FC Barcelona
  • Endeavour
  • MyBuilder.com
  • Agnieszka Radwańska
  • Hulk Hogan

Other things liked by Paul McCartney fans:

• Ian Fleming
  • Hugh Grant
  • ITV2
  • Neil Morrissey
  • Gillette
  • The Bill
  • Last Tango In Halifax

I'm now realising that I already knew about this and sank a lot of time into looking at these things before, but this is very informative.

ITV2 putting out a show in which Macca and Hugh Grant took turns shaving Neil Morrissey would be a winner.